Global Wild Card Tag

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Stagehand, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    When I bought the Smart in San Diego, I debated rigging up a tow hitch and towing it home with the FJR. After all, the FJR has way more Hp, torque and a manual trans! Would have been a fun photo op. Ended up just getting them to deliver it out of state to save on taxes.
  2. kckeeny

kckeeny Poor Bastard

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Bad pic but there's a burnt orange one behind the grape vines.
  3. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    No Joy, not a Smart. Looks like it has a back quarter window and the nose looks wrong. Fiat 500 maybe or a Scion Xa. If you have a closer pic that's better, (w/o the bike is fine), I'll re-assess. Hey, I could be wrong, but I have one in the garage.:wink:
  4. kckeeny

kckeeny Poor Bastard

Oddometer:

I thought this was wild card? It is, in fact a Scion. It is a smart car in actuality if not in name.
    I just got back from getting a new target pic.:cry
  5. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Yes, it's a Wild Card tag game, but I specified a Smart car and they are not all that rare. If I had specified a small or sub-compact, or even Smart or Smart like, I'd have not had an issue. Not trying to be an ass, just don't think this is all that difficult a tag, all the more for a global tag game.

From the first page:
    1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
    2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus.
  6. AllBlackPearl

AllBlackPearl I'm normal.

Oddometer:
    Haha! :lol3:lol3
    That would be about the easiest tag ever for me.... :rofl
    But riding has come to a halt here due to winter finally having arrived with snow and ice and cold and all that crap. :puke1
  7. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Our EU friends have been absent from this Global game, so I figured this would give them an easy tag. :D
  8. dyrtybyrd

dyrtybyrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, right now, I'm still in NE Ohio. That will change this coming week, however, as I'll be heading to NC, where my my V awaits!
  9. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now *that's* pushing the "creativity" envelope. :lol3 Smart car IS a name.
  10. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    How long you going to be around this time?
  11. dyrtybyrd

dyrtybyrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Till May! :D
  12. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Then you definitely need to get out this way and ride at least once. AND be the designated far east NC tag guy. Seems like tags that get dropped towards the coast can sit for a while.
  13. AllBlackPearl

Oddometer:
    I've never been absent! My last grab was three tags before or so. :wink:
    And I'm saying that because I AM your EU friends... :lol3:lol3
    I don't think there's anyone else from Europe playing here.

However, as I said, I think there will be no riding for me in the next weeks/months.
  14. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    And I'm glad you're here! Sorry you're stuck in the snow/ice. With ADV, you never know who will be lurking about. :ear

When I first found this thread I read thru some of the earlier posts and it seemed like there were a few more EU peeps playing. Considering the current tag, stud up and go for it! First grab is likely very, very close to the bike right now... :lol3 Wouldn't be the first garage shot tag I've seen.
  15. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Paging jrjoyce2007 to the phone....there is a Smart car in our parking lot at work everyday. :D

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
  16. AllBlackPearl

Oddometer:
    Thx. :freaky

Unfortunately, neither do I have a Smart, nor a garage... :D So this ain't gonna work.
    I'm also living a bit in the mountains and there is no way I could get my bike up the steep gravel driveway to the street with snow and ice. And even if I did, the road down to the valley would be too dangerous to ride in these conditions.
    Plus I don't wanna screw the Viffer with all the bloody salt on the roads.
    Winter = no riding in Valais. Gotta be patient for a couple months. It was hard for me to accept that as well, in Berlin I rode through winter all those years. But after a dozen of near crashes and countless times of dropping the bike and swearing in my helmet while freezing to death I learned my lesson. :wink:
  17. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    So the Smrt car is still the grab? Totally forgot about that on the ride today. Could have found a Smart car
  18. kckeeny

kckeeny Poor Bastard

Oddometer:
    Yep. But not too many people in the north drive these as they aren't very productive in the snow. So I'll wait till something more globally friendly comes up. Also its 9 degrees F out this morning so the bike will stay in the garage.
  19. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    Well take a smart car for a test drive to your garage and snap the picture then take the car back.

Problem solved. :D

Ray
  20. RC Pilot

RC Pilot I am not anti social. I am selectively social! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pictures!