Kaurit Moto Tire Tool Group Buy

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OsoADV, May 29, 2013.

1. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    NOTE: This is an inmate-organized group buy. I am not affiliated with the manufacturer in any way.

http://kauritmoto.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d_cKs2WyQ8c?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/umUrhgxsHtI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/umUrhgxsHtI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

After 2 successful group buys headed up by PineyMountainRacing, I will be attempting to lead a third for all those interested.

Original thread here:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822894

I will update this post with all details, including a running list of "in and paid" with quantity.

Cutoff for signup is currently set to:

June 30, 2013

Pricing, includes PayPal fees and shipping from Estonia to EvanADV
    $110 x Basic Tool, comes with 20mm axle adapter and shim for 25mm axle
    $14 x 15mm axle adapter
    $15 x 17mm axle adapter
    $25 x Short Pusher (for smaller diameter tires 10-14")
    $520 "Pro" stand/tool combo with 4 locking pushers (will be shipped directly to buyer from seller)
    $405 "Beginner" stand/tool combo with 1 locking pusher (will be shipped directly to buyer from seller)
    $405 "Pro" stand and 4 locking pushers only - tool not included (will be shipped directly to buyer from seller)
    $290 "Beginner" stand with 1 locking pusher only - tool not included (will be shipped directly to buyer from seller)

Pricing does not include markup for profit.

Instructions
    NOTICE: This group buy is currently closed.
    Send me a PM by June 30, 2013 with the following information:
    - Your name
    - Your shipping address
    - Your email address
    - Your final order
    I will respond with a total and payment instructions. PayPal or check by mail accepted.

In and Paid List:

[​IMG]
  2. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    3 minutes from a KTM dealership, Angus, On
    Count me in!! I want one.

I'm in Alberta, Canada. And let me know if you need cash in advance.

And if you accept PayPal...

Regards,

EDIT: All right!! This is mainly for all the Canadians that would like to buy the tool!! If you're interested, but are being held back by the cost of shipping from the USofA to your cold part of the country North Of the Border, I've got a deal for you!! What Evan and I agreed on doing, is get the Canadian orders shipped to my address, and I would then redistribute them to you, at your shipping cost via Canada Post. It should save you a few bucks...!! Let us know which side of the border you are, so we can figure all that out!!
  3. XCRider803

XCRider803 Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer:
    Put me in the interested column too. Let's see if we can do 50 for a better discount. If you need any help shipping or anything I can come over and stuff packages with you. :D

BTW, you happen to know the stand cost?
  4. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Just extrapolating from the website

TMT 2 Full Set Pro - For Professionals - Special Set for BIB-Mousse tires. Includes Tyre mounting tool, Tyre mounting packable stand, 4-pcs self-locking pushers
    Price 399EUR+tax

TMT 2 Full Set Beginner - Kit for normal inner tubes. Includes Tyre mounting tool, Tyre mounting packable stand, one self-locking pusher
    Price 299EUR+tax

TMT 2 Pro(if you already have the Tyre mounting tool) - Special Set for BIB-Mousse tires. Includes Tyre mounting packable stand, 4-pcs self-locking pushers, long self-locking axle for the Tyre mounting tool.
    Price 299EUR+tax

TMT 2 Beginner(if you already have the Tyre mounting tool) - Includes Tyre mounting packable stand, one self-locking pusher, long self-locking axle for the Tyre mounting tool.
    Price 199EUR+tax

Tyre mounting tool - Price 99EUR+tax

TMT2 extra self-locking pusher - Price 35EUR+tax
  5. dandyrider

dandyrider You Ride? I Ride

Oddometer:
    count me in, I tried to get one last time when I saw the video. Please send me payment instructions. Is it best to buy his stand? If it is I will buy one.

I am not interested, I WANT ONE
  6. covered in dust

covered in dust Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in one. Hope you can take PayPal that will be the easiest way for people to pay you.

Covered in Dust
  7. DanKearney

DanKearney I'm in no rush. . .

Oddometer:
    Please add me to your "interested" list. As soon as you post payment instructions I'm ready to pay.

Cheers,

Dan K.
  8. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Interested list updated, and added stand pricing info. Unless we get significant interest I think the stands need to ship straight to you rather than through me, since they are not as easily packed several to a box.

I will likely invoice everyone through paypal and accept personal checks/money orders if requested.

Here's a video from the other thread of a fellow inmate using the tool in his 40* garage with no lube:

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ue_xI6zuUoM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ue_xI6zuUoM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

And here's a good pic from the other thread of the tool being used:

[​IMG]
  9. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    FWIW the 25% discount was for the tools and adapters (for more than 20 units), I never got a formal quote on the stands (regarding any discount)

PMR
  10. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Okay, I've tenatively just converted to USD and done 10% discount on the stands. Read it somewhere in the 50+ pages of the other thread. :huh Going to try and get up with Are via email tonight and get a formal quote. Maybe you could facilitate an intro via email? Sorta like a formal "handing it off" email?
  11. castone001

castone001 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Count me in!!!
  12. Toofat2fly

Toofat2fly Almost ADV

Oddometer:
    I'll take one. I pay it as soon as I know how.
    How do you want the mullah? Paypal, cash???
  13. Denase

Denase Denase

Oddometer:
    I don't need the stand. Not sure the adapter I need for the GS wheel.

Looks like I can make one that will work, so the adapter sold with the tool should work fine.

Prefer to send check, let me know address and how to make it out.

I can do paypal also.

Robert Haines
  14. llamabomb

llamabomb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Count me in as well!
  15. Ol'Muley

Ol'Muley old, not dead

Oddometer:
    Please put me in for the adapters 15mm & 17mm. Got my tool in the last buy but my old 640 needs a smaller adapter! Everybody check their axel diameters, so you wont get surprised like I did!:clap or just order the extra adapters!
  16. APBlack

APBlack nOOb on a fly

Oddometer:
    Please count me in.. Tool only

Can pay via PayPal

Thanks for helping out with the group buy:clap:clap
  17. klinquist

klinquist übergeek

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if the DRZ400 needs adpaters?

I'm in.
  18. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there any issue shipping to Canada?
  19. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Adding you now, pretty sure the tool will work for the GS without additional adapters. Don't hold me to that - do some research and find out if you have 20mm or 25mm diameter axles.

Adding you now, thanks.

Will do, no tool, just adapters.

Okiedokie, thanks.

I did a quick search and I believe they have 20mm axles front and rear. Find out for sure before we order.

Shouldn't be. Just cover the cost of shipping from me to you. Will likely use USPS which I think is fairly affordable.
  20. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Got you guys too. Will use paypal and offer ability to send checks if desired when we get to that point.