SPIDI gear for ADVrider (any doubt we are the best?)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Spidi - on track, Dec 10, 2010.

1. ChildlikeWonder

ChildlikeWonder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've seen you post size charts on here for husky and slim sizes as well, are those no longer made? According to the size chart at that link I would have to wear a M for my waist and an XXL for my height :(
  2. Spidi - on track

Spidi - on track Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. NOLA-ADVrider

NOLA-ADVrider n00b

Oddometer:
    Matteo,

I ordered my Voyager 3 Hi-Viz on 6/11 from Spidi.com and received it today (6/13)…now that's fast shipping. I have not had a chance to ride with it yet but I'm really impressed with the fit and finish. You can feel the quality of the jacket. I'm 5'10" 165 lbs and the large fits like it was made for me. Now I just have to figure out what pant I'm gonna match with it. Thanks for making a quality product and selling it at a reasonable price!

NOLA
  4. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Nola, how are you doing?
    I'm glad to hear you love your Spidi product. Trust me, you'll love even more after spending some thousand miles in it.

As for the pants, I would be choosing between the Thunder H2Out and the VTM H2Out.
    Although they look similar, they have indeed different range of use.

The Thunder H2Out features a double layer polyamide outer fabric, while on the inside there's a fully removable H2Out waterproof and breathable membrane; dynamic air intakes will help you to get huge ventilation when riding in hot area.

VTM pant featuers the H2Out membrane attached to the outer fabric itself, while on the inside there's a removable thermal insulating lining.

Obviusly, as for Spidi tradition, both these pants are equipped with premium quality EN 1621-1 certified protectors; removable and height adjustable.

The choice between these two perfect pants depends on what kind of ride will you be facing: mostly warm rides go for the Thunder pants, mostly chilly and cold weather go for the VTM.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

http://spidimagazine.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/spidisport
    #spidipeople
  5. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Matteo,
    which of your pants are large enough at the cuffs for full motocross boots? Ergo by any chance?

Thanks
  6. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
  7. not4us

not4us n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Matteo,

I contacted your costumer service to get this problem solved and all I can say is I'm AMAZED.
    They asked me to send photos of the pants (although there's no physical damage) and a couple of days later I got a reply telling me that they will be sending me new ones! No need to send mine back! (which would have been expensive from Australia to Italy).
    This is after 2 years since I purchased them, incredible.
    Spidi has now jump all the way to my number 1 motorbike gear seller!
    Actually, my number 1 seller full stop!
    Would be recommending your products to all my friends and my next piece of gear (looking at boots and gloves) will be ordered from you too, I'm over the moon!

Thanks again Matteo.

8. Camarodude

Camarodude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Mesh Leg looks like what I'm looking for, but was also looking for something NOT black, or less black.
  9. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Not4Us,
    thank you very much for this review. This is the reason why I love my job; we like giving 100% and making our customer in love with our products. Hope you will enjoy your new pair of pants !

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

#spidipeople
  10. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Camarodude, how are you doing?

If your looking for some kind of summer pants in bright and cool color, why don't you try the outstanding Hi-Fit?

[​IMG]

This pants feature an amazing fabric, named Cebonnare, that is the best synthesis of strenght and ventilation. They also have two air intakes for extremely hot days. Seriously, you won't believe how much soft and elasting this tough fabric is !

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

#spidipeople
  11. configurationspace

configurationspace delooper

Oddometer:
    What are the main differences between the multitech and the new airtech jackets?

I have a multitech and quite like it. The airtech is cheaper. Why is that? Is the armour largely optional on that one?
  12. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

yes in Multitech Armor, Back and Chest protectors are included; in Airtech Armor they are optional. Moreover, Airtech is much lighter than Multitech.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

#spidipeople
  13. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

yes in Multitech Armor, Back and Chest protectors are included; in Airtech Armor they are optional. Moreover, Airtech is much lighter than Multitech and features less pockets.

[​IMG]

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

#spidipeople
  14. Camarodude

Camarodude Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hey Mateo,

Thanks for the suggestion, are those overpants?
  15. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
  16. mdns

mdns n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Matteo,

I'm 5'10" 155lbs. I wear a size L MultiTech Jacket and in the US I wear a 28" or 30" waist with a 30" inseam pant. I'm looking to order a 608 Jacket and the Hi-Fit pants. Would you recommend ordering the size L 608, and a size 50 pant?

Thanks for the help!
    Mat
  17. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Mat,

you go for a 50 in 608 Jacket plus a 31 in Hi-Fit.
    By the way: perfect combination.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

www.spidimagazine.com/
    www.facebook.com/spidisport
    #SPIDIPEOPLE
  18. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Matteo, I'm looking for a short enduro/dual-sport glove with plenty of protection, but won't get too hot in 100* weather. I'm looking at the STR-3. What do you recommend? Also, I have problems fitting gloves as my palm is 9.5" but I have short fingers. What do you suggest? The last gloves I bought were Held Thrux in size 10 or XL and they fit absolutely PERFECTLY.
  19. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Baroquenride,
    although the STR-3 Vent is an amazing glove, with lot of ventilation and protection, it is not conceived for dual sport riding; it is in fact a sport and road racing glove, with a long gauntled and ergonomy designed for naked and supersports.

My suggestion for you will be to consider the two "twin" gloves TX-1 and Hard Track Glove.
    These gloves for adventure touring and summer use are made of soft sheephide leather combined with high-tenacity mesh, that ensures a high comfort with a sporty and ergonomic fit.
    The three-quarter cuff allows proper riding position when standing on the pegs during off-road sessions.

[​IMG]

Technical features:
    Hi-Fit sheephide leather 0.7 mm thick
    Clarino® palm
    Flex Tenax inserts
    Inserts in stretch material
    Powertech thermoformed knuckle protection
    Warrior protection in the palm
    Keramide reinforcements
    Silicon inserts on the fingertips for better grip
    Velcro high tenacity closure

Instead, if you plan to do much more off road than asphalt, you could also opt for the TXR, that features an even higher level of perspiration, and a shorter cuff.

[​IMG]

Spidi TXR glove is designed to accommodate different riding styles and different types of bikes.

The sleeve is long enough to allow wearing it both above and below the sleeves of the jacket, however granting freedom of movement and precision on the levers.

Technical features:
    High tenacity outer fabric
    Stretch zones on thumb and back
    Breathable mesh back
    Neoprene inserts
    Microfibre palm
    Powertech knuckles shield

About sizing, you should go for a XL and you will have no problem; keep in mind that all these gloves have a huge amount of elastic material, that will allows them to adapt on the shape of your hands.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

www.spidimagazine.com/
    www.facebook.com/spidisport
    #SPIDIPEOPLE
  20. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Matteo. I have a G. NETRICS H2OUT Antracite/Ferro Vented Jacket with waterproof liner that I bought in 2003 size XL. It has CE elbow and shoulder pads. The zip off fanny pack for holding the liner and other things is great. The liner is awesome itself with the inside pockets and has been worn countless times off the motorcycle. I can't believe that I've been wearing this jacket for 11 years!!
    I'm looking for the replacement to this jacket that hopefully has the same features or more. For sizing, I'm 185 and 5'11"

Thanks...