Lizrdcooler adaptor for TW200, XT225, TTR 225, TTR230

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lizrdbrth, May 22, 2012.

1. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    The prototype companion cooler is almost there. Toughness and impact resistance of billet while maximizing heat transfer and designed to fit perfectly in the most usable and sheltered real estate available on these bikes. Universal fit for all four bikes (TW Cali canister mount pictured). Bolts directly to downtube on non-Cali XT's, TTR's and TW's. Multiple hole pattern permits custom mounting elsewhere or on other bikes. Sized to clear most of the popular retrofit tanks without interference:

[​IMG]
  2. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    Any chance of making one for the WR450 ? A lot of folks are dual sporting them, and more oil capacity & a cooler would be great.
  3. n16ht5

n16ht5 ride the night

Oddometer:
    Yes yes yesWr450 !!!!!!!
  4. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    The 225 family of engines is a wet sump with bypass filtering and for that reason there is no danger of our adapter causing loss of oil pressure in the system.

Dry sumps often call for a different strategy, but down the road we'll offer solutions for those, as well.
  5. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:

That's great to hear you'll try to do them too. I figured it would be different & probably trickier with the dry sump and the dual drains. When you have them let us know & also the YZ guys.

Btw, you should tell the folks at http://www.xt225.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm and the Thumper Talk model specific threads.
  6. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    I've gone through their registration process a several times. No love and no confirmation email.

I was gunna make some of their members a smokin' offer, but instead I'll post it here and on the XT225 thread.

I figger most are also inmates and frequent ADV anyway. This place is like the Hotel California.:

"I'm looking for volunteers in the high desert of SoCal (preferably the Victor Valley) to let me use their bike for a trial fit of our new prototype oil cooler. I don't need to take your bike, ride it or even start it, I just need to fondle it for about 15 minutes and snap a few pics.. I'll come to you, and in exchange you'll receive one of my shiny new oil cooler adapters which not only works flawlessly in its intended capacity but is also suitable for framing and makes a dandy paperweight.

We're designing kits around our new cooler for all the bikes sharing this engine family, so if you're interested in offering your bike for a few minutes, reasonably local to Victorville/Hesperia/ Apple Valley, and own either an XT225, TTR225 or TTR230 ,or know someone who does and would be
    interested in the offer, PM me your contact info."

7. n16ht5

n16ht5 ride the night

Oddometer:
    There was a company that madeacoler for the wr450 that used the filter cover similar to howyoursworks... :norton
  8. Kevin K

Kevin K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    n16ht5,what was that company?

Lizrdcooler, the prototype cooler you machined is pretty trick looking in itself.
    Are you going to sell them?

9. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    Thanks. They get more effective with each revision. It's nice to hear glad to hear that they're also attractive in the bargain. Great feedback.

Yes. The cooler and the adapter will remain available either seperately or combined in application-specific kits.
  10. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    Johanjos is fabricating this stainless oil tank/ skid combo for future epic rides from his native Israel:

[​IMG]
  11. Fubars

Fubars What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer:
    This weekend I boiled the gas out of the carb vents while crawling through some black diamond single track. When you get around to a WR450 application, I'll be interested.
  12. Dirt Addict

Dirt Addict Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 (more) for a wr450 fitting......
  13. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    I'm impressed with your awesome product. If I can ever get my hands on a TW200, this'll be on my list of things to do for sure.
  14. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    I'm still in need of a TTR225 and TTR230 owners in SoCal.

XT fitment has been handled, courtesy of Airborndad.
  15. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    Island T-Dubr's install. His own one-off cooler, also carved from billet. Skidplate and case guards also his own creations:

[​IMG]
  16. Earthscape

Earthscape Have ya got a helmut?

Oddometer:
    Any chance of getting one of these made for the XT350?
  17. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    A complete oil cooler kit for the California model TW200's is now available. Kits for 49-state TW, XT225 and TTR225/230 kits will follow shortly.

The kit includes the adapter, cooler, fittings, spacers, hardware, hoses and fittings required for a trouble-free installation*.

Hoses are a Goodyear product, overkill for the application in terms of burst pressure and heat capabilities, and flame-retardent in the bargain. Fittings are pre-installed and Teflon'd.

The basic hardware can be installed in around 30 mins. Add another 30 mins. to bring the bike to operating temp and leak check and anyone reasonably familiar with hand tools can be on the road with cooler oil within an hour.

Cost for the kit is $200 shipped, anywhere in the U.S.:

[​IMG]

The unit installed on the California canister mount:

[​IMG]

* California Emissions canister relocation required.
    lizrdcooler@verizon.net
    duc_fan likes this.
  18. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    :clap
  19. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lzrd, When are the "49" state kits coming out?.
  20. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian All who wander r not lost

Oddometer:
    How do I tell if my 98 XT225 is 49 state or CA? How much? Where can I get one?