Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Poolside, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    when did ADV pick up so many wankers?

:scratch
  2. wrysingfeenix

wrysingfeenix Dust off those ashes

Oddometer:
    I've been thinking the same thing. This whole project is an adventure, fer chrissakes, and it is ADVrider.com after all.

:deal:D:D
  3. eatpasta

Oddometer:

i know - one of our guys came up with something cool. "ferchristsakes", let him. Yeah he's late - blah blah blah. so what.

In proper ADV tradition heckle him, call him fat and tell him he cant ride so we can get back on track over here.

:deal
  4. BenFongTorres

BenFongTorres Banned

Oddometer:
    The reality of the story is that...there is more to the story (isn't there always? A quick reminder to us all to not pass judgment too quickly on others.) That being said I do believe Poolside and I are working things out. Please return to your normal viewing activity and thanks for letting me vent. :wink:
  5. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    plus I hear he's fat and cant ride

:augie
  6. BenFongTorres

BenFongTorres Banned

Oddometer:
    Who? PS or me? :rofl Maybe true for the both of us I'm afraid!
  7. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    HEY! I can ride.

[​IMG]

<BR>
  8. KCDakar

KCDakar What are we waiting for?

Oddometer:
    You had the same ATGATT ideas that I had back then! :lol3
    Love that sissy bar!

Now get back to work...:deal

:hide J/K!!!!! :zilla

Nobody asked me, but I like the part about ADV that is about that fantastic adventure spirit that a lot of us share. About how people come out of the woodwork to help others in need, some whom they have never even met. How some come up with an idea that can help out in a small or large way, the other crazy inmates around here. And they do so without asking for much in payback. More like a Pay It Forward kinda deal. How people go out of their way to write up a RR to share it with others. etc,,,
    I don't know about the rest of you FF's, but I have a lot to pay forward! I'll maybe never be able to really pay PS & JJ back for all they have done for us with this project. (let alone all the other things they do around here) But, I would like to let them know that with this simple device, it has made something that I truly love and two years ago, almost completely lost being able to do, is now just a little bit easier for me to enjoy again. :thumb
    I really look forward to each new development on this project. I just hope I get to see it to the end. One thing I learned (again) two years ago, you never know when your time will end. If you spend your time raining on your own parade you will miss out on the best part of your life. The part you are living right now. It does seem at times that a lot of the newer inmates tend to jump right in with both feet and sometimes don't land very well around here. I used to try and help them out with a short message about how they might be able to get more done with a little sugar vs vinegar when they are a n00b. Now I am finding, I don't have the time anymore. I only have time working to just stay alive with out to much pain and dreaming of my next ride of course! It was heartwarming to see that a few of you have been able to, shall we say, see the light? :lol3

PS, I would just like to thank you for all the hard work you have done and will do to see this all the way through. With all the time you have to spend here on ADV fielding questions and bashing heads when needed. It's a wonder you get anything done at all. I have a question of my own for you, when was the last time you got out and went for a ride? I don't mean a 'test' ride, but a ride to blow the cobwebs out? Never mind, just go out sometime this weekend and get a nice ride in. You deserve it! Hell, I'm sure going to try!!! :wink:

Sorry about the long post, it must be the morphine talking. Good night...:freaky
  9. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    The previous post is EXACTLY why I am involved in this project.

There are those who grasp that we can and indeed MUST do what we can to pay it forward.

All to often we get wrapped up in our own little world with it's stresses, strains, drama, and unbidden surprises. Then sometimes we get a chance to see what others are faced with in their world and our struggles often seem so trivial in comparison.

This where and why paying it forward is such a powerful motivation for me. To be able to share something so small or seemingly innocuous, yet we never will really know what ultimate effect it will have nor how far and wide it will reach into unknown numbers of strangers lives.

Just because we can, indeed I think, must.

I am reminded of a scene in one of the star trek movies where Kirk asks Spock how the crew will fair under real combat conditions. And Spock answers…

'Each according to their gifts.'

Share your gifts, and EVERYONE gains something of value.

JJ :thumb
  10. wrysingfeenix

wrysingfeenix Dust off those ashes

Oddometer:
    Exactly. Precisely. Thanks for that.
  11. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Hey folks. I don't want to interrupt this moment of brotherly love, really I don't. :D

But did you know that there are only 24 IICE Airs left in the whole world?

<BR>
  12. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    Oh man…

Talk about spoiling the moment.

How are we all supposed to sing kumbuyah now?

JJ :evil
  13. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>I know, it's a total buzzkill. But it had to be done, for Marketing's sake. :freaky

<BR>
  14. Tessitori

Tessitori Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have a solution for a 2002 F650gs? Is your system similar to the booster plug in terms of operation?
  15. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
  16. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    Signore, you can try mine when we get your moto rolling, but get an order in NOW if they're still available.
  17. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>I've got some time here to respond properly to your most excellent post, KC.

Wallabees are excellent riding shoes! That was 1975. From my high school yearbook.

I had no idea. Thanks for letting us know that, KC. I occasionally lose the focus a bit. You know, "Tell me again why I'm going this, JJ?" But when I read your comments the reason is clear.

You know, when we lobbed that thread into GSpot we had no idea where it was going to take us. Certainly there are different levels of excitement and anticipation for what's next, but I gotta say, your comments are sort of stop-me-in-my-tracks sobering. You return me to the passion and enjoyment I have for this kind of work.

You are welcome. And you take that ride, I'm right behind you. (Yes, just as soon as I get my gearbox and clutch squared away. :D) I'm definitely getting out on a bicycle ride though.

<BR>
  18. Winkelfinger

Winkelfinger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heya Poolside,
    just found out that your Papal setup won´t accept customers from outside the US, that´s why I couldn´t get a cost quote for shipment.
    As PM´d, I´m in Germany.

Any workaround? I really would like to combine American ingenuity with German tradition :freaky
  19. Leop54

Leop54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Poolside,
    I've tried to buy your IICE Air this morning, but when prompted to fill the Paypal form, it was impossible to get things going because of the missing amount for an abroad expedition (Italy, in this case).
    So, would you suggest me how to circumvent this and be able to enjoy the result of your work on my 2011 GS 1200ADV?
    With my best regards
  20. BMWzenrider

BMWzenrider Too slow to get out of my own way...

Oddometer:
    And here I thought it was JJ who was the only one concerned about marketing...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.