Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So, speaking of big bore dual sports and Australian ones breaking and jap ones being indestructible... (:D)

Kawasaki recently saw the advantages of upping their 250cc street bike to 300cc. Anyone care to guess if they'll do the same with the klx? Obviously wouldn't be the same motor as the street bike (twin), but we know that a 300 piston can easily fit in the current setup (aftermarket goes to 351cc!).

I figure a new fuel injected klx300s would be a hell of a competitor with the wrr and new crf!
  2. Hans_Krugger

Hans_Krugger Rock Jock

Oddometer:
    on an interflurviate ridge in the Interior Lowland
    Thats pretty country to ride thru. Knox County is the "Montana" of Ohio. I would like to join you but due to limits on time, I will have to restrict my riding to doing donuts on the Scioto Country Club Golf Course. Those greens are just beggin for it.:lol3 I love to hear Yuppies screaming in rage.
  3. motodirtlover

motodirtlover Motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    Thanksgiving Thurs.
    Perry state forest parking lot.
    9:20 a.m. out on bikes.

Rules:
    Have good knobbies, and a good running bike or stay home.
    No whiners. It's Ohio in the fall. Expect mud, leaves, roots, and hills.
    Make sure the guy behind you makes the turn.
    Have fun. Tell lies later about how big the hills were, and how deep the mud was.
    We'll ride until 11:30 or 1, or whenever.
    Oh, and:
    If you show up on a 650, you better be able to ride that mother in the woods, or we're leaving it there when you bury it, and kill the battery.
  4. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I was planning on hitting the roads on the backside of the state forest, could meet ya in Loudonville?
  5. Landon

Landon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't make it, but I like your style!
  6. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Man, if only I could afford a divorce attorney.....
  7. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Hmm, I might have to tell the family that something very important came up and I can't make Thanksgiving dinner. :evil
  8. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    It's a question of cost on the cam. I did my homework on KTM talk and elsewhere, saw no cheap/easy fixes. Shaft is small, not much to work with for a sleeve. It's a poor design. Some things are done very very well on this bike, the WP ain't one of them.
  9. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    WP = water pump - just finally caught on - was wondering why you kept bringing up the suspension - I feel like holding a sign up in the mirror :stupid
  10. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

I might be up for that...what kinda roads we talking?

If I wasnt on night shift this week, I'd consider it...but I need my beauty sleep...sounds like fun
  11. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Gravel and gravel. Maybe 2 creek crossing, but nothing too hairy. The meanest roads I have in mind are Bats Nest and Turkey Ridge.

I'll also up the ante and offer up my 250 to anyone who wants to ride it, the thing can't be killed and if it is...meh...
  12. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good.
  13. rob748

rob748 resident alien !!!!

Oddometer:
    wish i could, i always enjoyed this ride
  14. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    HI ROB :wave How the heck are you? Still running around out west?
  15. ZBone

ZBone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Headed out to WV from CO to work for an undetermined amount of time. After lurking the thread it seems like there's a terrible group of people out there and absolutely nothing to ride. I'm excited. I'll be living in/around Clarksburg. Are you guys usually able to ride year round? I'm pretty sad I have to put my snowboard up (or be forced to ride hills of ice) but I am looking forward to a much shorter off-season for the bike.
  16. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Plenty of great riding in that area, though you may find it boring considering what you're used to. Weather is hit or miss, depends on the severity of the winter.

Don't put your snowboard away just yet, WV offers some of the best skiing in the eastern region. Snowshoe Mountain is a short drive from Clarksburg and while it isn't the Rockies, it's worth checking out since you'll be there a while.
  17. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

I'm thinking of taking you up on that offer...what time?
  18. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I was wondering if you had put knobbies on the street bikes since the XR is still in surgery. :evil
  19. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

thats why I asked what kinda roads he had in mind...getting closer on the XR...almost had it running the other day, but even if so, I wouldnt trust it for a 200 mile ride
  20. ZBone

ZBone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear that, Dox! I'm excited to check out an area of the country I've never really seen. The proximity of so many interesting places is going to be great. I know it won't be Colorado, but that's fine. Colorado will always be here to come back to. I've gotten kind of spoiled and feel like I'm taking my playground for granted. It will be nice to remind myself why I live here. Who knows, maybe I can even ride the TAT home one of these days? :D

I had heard about Snowshoe but I wasn't sure what to expect. I'll have my gear with me so if the winter does end up being on the severe side I'll be ready. I'm pretty new to motorcycle riding and honestly this is the first winter where I haven't been that excited to see the snow fall. Putting my baby up is going to be hard...