Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Dr. Philgood

Dr. Philgood Living The Dream!!

Oddometer:

Yeah my Doctor said a year ago I needed to get into shape, and I siad ROUND is a shape asshole!!!
  2. r_bin

r_bin Long timer

Oddometer:
    :freaky
  3. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Can you get that Gas Gas back together for the Dawg. That is the weapon right there. Light is right for the Dawg.

Can I rent it for the day!!!

AST - good advice he wont listen to me.

Phil is right about the open stuff at the Dawg, but it is the perfect mix of tight and open. BTW -Pray it does NOT rain. welcome dust over mud and SLICK bridges. There is little sand here guys. Red clay or black gloop. Seems like last year was very dry, so you heard little of the bridges, even though I remember several folks stuck in mud holes, Froth was that you? But when it wet, dem little bridges is all you hear about.

Enough of that, shit that two weeks away...

BZ - you da man. Call the shots on the Saturday ride/n00b intro/sand techinque/have fun ADV ride....
  4. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I rode C class and let me say they are fast. Think I finished 6th with a broken handguard. Had to stop and stuff it in my backpack. C would be perfect for you iho.. That is what most of us did except vic.
  5. Stalspeed

Stalspeed PullnG'sTillTheyPuke

Oddometer:
    So I'm guessing it lays out like this, correct me if I'm wrong:
    Big Dawg: AA class
    Dog: B class
    Puppy: C class
    Mutt: I guess D riders....does D exist?
  6. frothingslosh

frothingslosh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ian I guess it was the C class

Vic yes I did get stuck the final lap, in fact Singletrack Jeff gave up his race to help me un-stick the big 530! It was a little wet at the start but ended up perfect by the end of the race!
  7. HonMudDog

HonMudDog "ORIGINAL" LowBudgetRider

Oddometer:
    Few & Far between here again,
    " THE " Randall Baker (distant cuz of Al Baker) & Trent Robinson's annual ride is 10am(start) sunday Oct 16 (will try to attach a flyer/map??) If attachment "FAILS ME" you may PM me back & I will mail/send you one or more to pass out.
    For riders that never heard of,or been to, good loop thru the woods,harescrable style for local braggin smack,plz spread the word & try to support/attend & car-pool if possible(limited parking) $30 entry,no ama required ( FEES !! )
    I plan to go but only have my 650 beast unless anybody knows of a scoot available that's titled(tag'd),smaller (lighter) trail bike. KTM would be great, need something for Whiting Feild OHV, regret selling my XR400 duallie.
    Appreciate ya riders,
    JP
  8. Stalspeed

Stalspeed PullnG'sTillTheyPuke

Oddometer:
    So do sign-ups start at 1000 or does the actually Running (Racing......:norton) start at 1000. If so, what time should we be there to sign up?
  9. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    dude I rode up there one weekend just to get away from the norm, back when I was still flogging the XT. i got that bike stuck up to the handlebars in one of the mudholes, somewhere in the 'crazy train' section. that sucked. had to walk out and find a 4 wheeler, then yank the bike out with a tow strap. after spending about 2 hours trying to dig it out by hand. if you see a mudhole - KEEP LEFT!:deal
  10. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Race STARTS at 10:AM so get there by 9AM. As pumped up as you are maybe yyou should go up there now.:rofl

Hint dont sign up until the last minute and then pick the class with the least people.:deal

NOW ABOUT THIS WEEKEND

Who all is up for Saturday morning at Hutton Unit and ride Blackwater for a slow ride...

BZ you gonna make it and show us the way!

If no n00bs we can buzz around Brox instead....
  11. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    i will be there i wanted to ride brox but my permit is out . i will be at hutton at 8.00 .i have never riden hutton but there are some cool places i havent been in awile , like i said a mix of everything .
  12. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Im gonna convince Richard (my son) to come on out and uphold the family name...LOL
  13. frothingslosh

frothingslosh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Vic I am going to break my new rider in right...gonna find the deepest nastiest sand around! So I am gonna hit either Brox or Timberlake.
  14. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Rick,
    Phil and I will keep an eye on him.

I know you are looking forward to you journey next week. A true ADV ride there my friend. Give us an update every now and then.

Godspeed and safe travels.
  15. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    Isn't Hutton closed from October - May (or something like that) for hunting? Saturday is the first of October.

16. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    I'll bet I know who your n00b is.... you guys be careful..

BZ- I figured Hutton cause most know where that is and its a good place to park and unload.

Some of us are limited on gas (50 miles safe) so we should consider that.

Looking forward to riding with you.

Come on guys here is you chance to ride... no permits required.
  17. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    It may very well be. It is still a good place to meet but if anyone else has suggestions speak up.
    I will be trucking in so I need a safe place to park.

BZ can you take us from Hutton to somewhere without too much tarmac???
  18. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    If you follow Deaton Bridge Road north to Bryant Bridge Road (~6.5 miles), you end up at Bud Bass Road (unpaved) and there's lots of dirt (and sand) in the vicinity.

Directions from Hutton

Edit: No gas in the immediate area; nearest would probably be over in Holt.
  19. freebornman

freebornman pointman

Oddometer:
    vic i rode hutton the last two times i rode so i think i'm gonna ride bronx landing saturday
    fbm

NOW ABOUT THIS WEEKEND

Who all is up for Saturday morning at Hutton Unit and ride Blackwater for a slow ride...

BZ you gonna make it and show us the way!

If no n00bs we can buzz around Brox instead....[/QUOTE]
  20. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    i will be there probably wont ride hutton maybe some r roads s roads ....no sure .. i have a pretty good loop but i really like the exploring thing sometimes just getting lost is fun ... fast , slow doesn matter. we even have some cool jumps . a few that those orange bikes should be able to double...lol.i want to ride brox but my pass is expired..