LAMC Tecate Hare Scrambles 1DEC2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Nov 7, 2012.

1. robertaccio

robertaccio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great history and one of the best in the SW.
    Los Ancianos Tecate Hare Scrambles 1DEC2012 returns with fresh cut single track and 2 seperate races (AM/PM).
    The PM race always brings out a who's who of off road/enduro/xc pros. Great atmosphere fantastic race/ride every year.
    http://www.losancianos.com/HareScrambles.html
  2. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    Always wanted to do this and I think I can actually pull it off this year!

Entry going in the mail today.
  3. robertaccio

robertaccio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    worth every penny/peso.
  4. juanroberts

juanroberts Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
  6. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Another for Scott:

[​IMG]
  7. jbrownmxr

jbrownmxr Gas Passer

Oddometer:
    This years THS was my seventh. Ive never trophied, but, ive never DNF either. Each year I spend about 364 days anticipating this event, then I spend several hours cursing it. It was 20 miles of diabolical course cutting. LAMC really outdid itself this year.
  8. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    Jeremy, it was great to meet you and thank you again for your help! Having an ADV inmate pull up and park next to us was the last thing I expected!

The Tecate Hare Scrambles has got to be one of the most fun and challenging races I have ever done. I am more of an open country rider, but it's always fun to test yourself on unfamiliar territory. Talk about your tight and technical course, miles and miles of twisting through the brush and rocks, just incredible terrain. I am accustomed to running a 40 mile loop in 60 to 90 minutes, this took me 1:20 to go 20 miles :eek1:eek1 They had mile markers on the course, you would pass one and then swear you have ridden several miles before you saw another, only to find that you indeed had only gone a mile.

Hope I can make it down there next year, thanks Los Ancianos!
  9. jbrownmxr

jbrownmxr Gas Passer

Oddometer:
    I recognize Scott from afternoon race. I was lined up to his left and chatted a bit prior to the start. Fun race.
  10. robertaccio

robertaccio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see such a good line up and amount of riders.
    Mike great you and Scott came down to get an idea of what I rave about every year. Glad you both had a good fun challenging day, imagine how it would have been with just a little rain........that'll really keep you coming back for more, we've been really lucky the past few years with rain during the week before .
    Anyway get ready for an a rumored Enduro for 2013 (I just heard little rumors around the beer cooler!! hope that those rumors are true!!!!) RN
  11. El Cucuy

El Cucuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To anyone that may have raced both--is the course/terrain similar to the VCMC Qualifier at the Ranch last year?

MotoMike's description reminded me of that race.
  12. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't in Anza :lol3 It was that similar :nod

And when I posted this same comment on Facebook, Erek Kudla said Roeseler was saying the same thing only in reverse at the Anza qualifier.
  13. robertaccio

robertaccio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The answer is yes very similar tearrain with twists, but the Tecate events always have more tough technical sections at a higher degree of difficulty and little more mix of hard and soft(sandy) dirt.
    The VCMC Rawhide Rodeo West Chec enduro race has been named among our crew of San Diego/Tecate regulars as the best ever enduro for the fun flow factor, temp , trail condition, layout and management (with exception those couple of route issues that were solved quickly). plus for fan of the Husky brand me, Nick and LR finishing 1st and 3rd OA. I was in 50B HWT for the VCMC race on my TXC450 Husky. My current ride is the ex LR 3rd place 310 from that event. Hope you all come down in 2013 for a proper qualifier type traditional Tecate Enduro and lets all pray for some pre-race rain!! Again great to see you guys Tecate is always a great year long bench racing topic until the next one!!. RN
  14. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    I remember talking to you on the line!