Rally WV 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by poondangle, May 21, 2013.

1. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately. I have been priced out. After my nap at SB, my rally budget can't handle a 480$ entrance fee. Bummer
  2. poondangle

poondangle Slow

Oddometer:
    That sux. I will be taking advantage of the pay over time option. That helps me out a bunch.
  3. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:

Your math may be correct but not sure if you get the format. The specials are about running as fast as you can, not maintaining an average speed. The miles/time shown in the stage schedule relates to maximum time allotted for the stage.

As Stagehand mentioned it's about how comfortable you are going fast. I have not done RWV yet but every RallyMoto event I have participated in the top riders have had race stage speed averages over 60 mph, top speeds in the 100+ range.
  4. fortizgur

fortizgur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey there BC61, think I understand, the SS pin it (at own level) and transit, just get to next location. Regarding the speeds I mentioned, since I have ZERO experience in Rally, just wanted to have some clue as to what speeds are but as mentioned it varies among riders,,, makes sense (I'll ride at my comfort level)... Thanks for info. Hopefully able to participate at WV rally.
  5. Falcon86

Falcon86 I just work here.

Oddometer:
    Wait wait wait. Are you the one that posted all the awesome vids from last year with your war cries under your helmet??? You've GOT to do the rally again!! I thought it was so freaking awesome hearing that freedom you were feeling when I watched those a few months back.

I promise however slow you are, you're not as slow as me. It's a great event in a great area, put on by great people. It'll be my first time as well.
  6. Entrepre-neer

Entrepre-neer Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer:
  7. Entrepre-neer

Oddometer:
    Dang! That's a bummer Jenna.

With you and Jason out who will be the token Airhead rider?
  8. hardwaregrrl

Oddometer:
    Yep......wish I could go. Glad you enjoyed, I certainly did.:lol3
  9. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    We are planning on running it this year in the historic Saab. Its a bit of a bummer because they moved the Maine rally to the same weekend...otherwise we could have run both.

Entry fee for the car is just 3 easy payments of $400 :)

[​IMG]
  10. scholz

scholz bush league

Oddometer:
    23 mile night stage! This should be interesting.

This was my first rallymoto last year, and everyone was really helpful when I hadn't a clue what I was doing
  11. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:

23 mile night stage on a bike is going to be exhausting...invest in some good LED lights and light up as much as you can so you can focus on the road and not straining to see what might be the road.
  12. Entrepre-neer

Oddometer:
    Working on my new Rally ride over in Some Assembly Req'd.:evil

Should be doing some shakedown rides over the next couple weeks to see if it works well enough in the dirt.

[​IMG]
  13. poondangle

poondangle Slow

Oddometer:
    That's pretty bad-ass right there. I'm glad I don't have to pick it though. :rofl That engine is almost as heavy as your KTM?
  14. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    :freaky:clap
  15. hardwaregrrl

Oddometer:
    Holy crap!!! That is rad!!!!

16. Entrepre-neer

Oddometer:
    It's definitely a pig in the weight department but luckily it carries it low. :lol3
    At least for now. I'll be doing some suspension work that should give an inch or two more clearance. We'll see if that makes things better or worse.

I'm sure I'll be able to let you know what it's like to pick it up soon enough.:deal
  17. brent tex

brent tex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know off the top of their heads what kind of fuel range a bike would need to enter. Thinking of doing it on my stock 450exc, race speed range is prolly 75+ miles.
    Thanks.
  18. Entrepre-neer

Oddometer:
    The preliminary race agenda over on page 1 of this thread shows a couple of loops over 100 miles with the longest bieing 111.45 between service stops. It's a 65 mile transit to the first two stages that get run forward then a service and then teh first two stages backward. service. Then a 65 mile transit to a 23+ mile stage, then a 23 mile transit to the snowshoe service. Let me know if I'm reading that wrong guys.

You will probably want to carry some fuel in a fuel bottle at least.

What year is your exc? I have a 3.4 gal tank that fits 03-07 you could borrow.
  19. brent tex

brent tex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its a 09 exc unfortunately, but thanks for the offer, very generous.
    Would I be allowed to carry fuel?? Also I have to think if I really want to drive the 20+ hours from Key West each way. Did the Sandblast in 2010 and it was a blast. This could just be a little summer break from the heat and humidity.
  20. Entrepre-neer

Oddometer:
    You could put some fuel in a fender bag or a tank bag or something similar and dump it in after transit. I had a buddy at sandblast do that for his crf250. Regs say you can't carry it on you body like in a backpack for safety in case you would crash and catch fire:annie

Mountain weather is great in July. Come on out and beat the heat and enjoy some amazing twisty dirt roads. Two days of racing is a whole different animal.

Key West sounds nice too though. How's the riding down there?