RaceTech Electric: High Quality Motorcycle Stators & Voltage Regulators - ADV Disc.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by fadingfastsd, Feb 11, 2012.

1. SAS Mayhem

SAS Mayhem Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there anything on the drawing board for a 96-06 Kawasaaki Concours which I belief is the same as a 90-01 Ninja ZX-11? The only upgrade to our system is installing (after simple wiring) a ZR1200 alternator almost impossible to find even on e-bay. If not on the drawing boad what is a realistic time line "if" you got a 100 ppl that would but in on one?

Cheers
    Ron
  2. Moto Mikey

Moto Mikey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 for an F800GS stator
  3. Rescue Wagon

Rescue Wagon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Never heard back on the Kawasaki VN900.....I'd be willing to buy a used one and send it to you if it would help you develop one.

Let me know.
  4. fadingfastsd

fadingfastsd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tony,
    Sorry I never posted back on here. We've been super busy! I received your stator. Thank you very much for sending it over.
    It is on my list of projects, and we will be developing a nice high output model as soon as possible. Thanks again!
  5. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Hey Ron,
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I've already got your solution for the Concours. Keep the stock alternator. It is powerful & reliable. We currently make a replacement solid state IC regulator for that alternator. It works perfectly, has a higher regulation point than the original, is half the price of any other option, and is super easy to install.
    Check it out!

http://racetechelectric.com/i-8586104-nippondenso-internal-voltage-regulator.html

Also, I made a YouTube video showing how to install the regulator, on my 1985 Yamaha FJ1100, which uses the exact same Nippon-Denso alternator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04_ymsJO_84

Also, we will do stators for both size V-Stroms in the future. I already have those on my R&D list, I just don't have a timeframe for development yet.

As far as new parts goes, I am willing to develop ANYTHING if there is a market for it. I'd have to run the numbers depending on the part, and how much tooling I will need to build, but if I can presell enough of a particular part to cover my development costs, I will build anything at RaceTech Electric you guys want.
    For the most part, I'll need about $1000 in preorders to cover the production run. So I'd need to sell roughly 10 of a particular stator to do so. Keep that in mind if any of you guys want something that is not available anywhere else. I will do it, if you can get together 10 guys to pre-pay for their orders.

Evan
  6. GSAnderson

GSAnderson Wandering Swede

Oddometer:
    Just ordered the stator and regulator for my KLR. Thanks for the discount! :thumb
  7. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Thanks GS! Just saw the order this morning. It's shipping today, thanks for your business. Lots more KLR650 kits on the shelf where that one came from!
    Evan
  8. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    KDX, KDX, KDX... :evil

ktm950se
  9. It'sNotTheBike

It'sNotTheBike Banned

Oddometer:
    There are a lot of RFS-engine KTMs still out there.

Some owners would like a higher-output stator than any which are currently
    available.

Any chance you might offer something in the near future ?
  10. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Please post a graph that compares your output to stock across the RPM range! that would SELL me!

:clap
  11. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ummmm hmmmm? :jjen
  12. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Just saw this sorry, been super busy. I have all this data, I'll make up the chart no problem. I'll try and get it done early this week.
  13. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  14. mustangwagz

mustangwagz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Evan, kudo's for your site and design! very nice! Now to business, i am surprised to see that no one has suggested the DR350S for stator upgrade. I feel you would sell quite a few probably. there are TONS of 350 lovers out here! One of the best D/S bikes built in my opinion. Would love to see your team take on a upgrade for these machines, as i would LOVE to have one that puts out more power. Hoping to get some cold weather gear and use it to the fullest extent! haha. Keep us up to speed if you can or cannot help!

Another machine you may be interested in is the Kawasaki Mule 610 stators. they are weak!! When plowing snow, 9 outta 10 ppl experiece issues due to winch draw and lights. The motor in the 610 is simply a 13hp lawn mower engine...sadly i cannot find anyone that'll make a big stator for it. i KNOW if you had a dozen of these, they'd sell like hot cakes! Or even more for that matter. I know the forums to post in, and i know you could unload a bunch of them, as you'd be the only person around selling them!

Let us knwo what you come up with or decide sir, All and any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

-WagZ-
  15. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been a month. Want to send me the data? This is plotting a couple lines on a graph, a 10 minute job.
  16. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Sorry, not a lot of free time recently. I haven't been on ADV in awhile...I gotta try to check in more! I swear I had power output numbers charted for the stock KLR650 stator, as I created a baseline chart when I developed this stator. However, about 2 years ago I had hard drive crash that lost a ton of my R&D data. A quick search didn't come up with my lost chart, but I'll keep looking. I think I still have a stock one somewhere in my shop that I can profile again.

Here's a video of my test bench as an apology, while I figure this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a0szYkjo9k
  17. mikejohn

mikejohn Long timer

Oddometer:
    what about a NX-XR honda?
  18. fadingfastsd

Oddometer:
    Like an NX250? Do those use the same stators as the XR's? I've never looked into those...I'll have to check that out.
  19. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you've been pretty busy lately, any news or progress on the stator and volt reg for the Ninja 250?
    Thanks, Tony
  20. mikejohn

mikejohn Long timer

Oddometer:
    that would be a NX 650