Moab Adv Ryder Guesthouse is OPEN

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by mcmarcia, Sep 2, 2014.

1. mcmarcia

mcmarcia Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Moab Adventure Ryder Guesthouse, ie, the MARG, is accepting reservations in Moab, UT from my ADVrider friends.

I have a very nice, new and private guest room to offer overnight lodging to my friends here so all of you who have wanted to travel to Moab can now do so and be able to have an awesome space to enjoy designed w the needs of ADV motorbikers in mind.

I am located in the NW part of town,6 blocks from Main street, but w beautiful views of Moab Rim to the East and the Colorado River Canyon Rim, the "Portal", local orchards, farmland and the wetlands along the Colorado River to the West.

My furnished room is 400 Sq ft w full sized bed, couch, comfy chairs, desk, couple of mini fridges, three closets for your gear, internet, small kitchenette, washer, water dispenser w local spring water, 2 person jacuzzzi tub, outdoor shower w hot tub, outdoor patio and shade trees galore, outdoor grill, firepan and firewood. I can help w shop space, tools, air, etc for your mechanical needs.

I can share my large library of local and regional natural history and travel books, guidebooks and maps I have acquired from 30 years of exploring this area and working as an outdoor guide and instructor.

I have a huge garden and fruit trees on the property and any of my guests can have grazing rights to enjoy the food available.

I will be glad to help you w personalized advice on best route here, where to go once you are here so you will have the best experience suited towards your needs. I can offer to help w any other gear you may need as I have all kinds of camping, hiking, boating, biking and motorbike gear from a lifetime of pursuing outdoor sports.

I can accommodate up to 3 adults, but have some more space options if you have a few more folks in your group.

So why the Moab Adventure Ryder Guesthouse?

I know Moab and the surrounding regions are a highly prized destination for motorcyclist from all over this planet. I would like to do my part in trying to help my ADV friends be able to come and visit this wonderful region in a fun, affordable, and personalized manner. Adventure riding is so expensive w the cost of bikes, gear, gas and lodging and everything is so expensive/overpriced/booked in Moab. I want to share my great space w my ADV friends in a win/win situation and help make your ADV travel trip more fun and affordable for all of us. If you have any questions about my Guesthouse and would like to plan a trip, please send me PM and we can discuss your needs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

awesome security dog for your protection included :D

[​IMG]
    pupa likes this.
  2. MtnRider

MtnRider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got to say that sure sounds like a fantastic deal with great hospitality. Not sure when I will make it out there but I will be sure to keep you in mind! :clap
  3. ParaMud

ParaMud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    really? I just got back from Moab yesterday!
  4. mcmarcia

Oddometer:
    I can help book some other awesome activities. My neighbor Mike, has a guided hiking business specializing in small affordable private hiking trips to incredible areas, some nobody knows about. My other neighbor runs a canoe livery business and I can book you w his unadvertised insider deal where for $65 you get a 6 hour/102 mile jet boat trip down and back up the Colorado River. They have to go pick up all the canoes and boaters before the class 4 whitewater starts in Cataract Canyon and generally have some extra seats. You get back to the boat ramp at 2:30pm and can then ride your GS style bike from the boat ramp up the dirt Shafer Trail into Island in the Sky National park and check out the river trip you just did from way above. World class 2 sport day in my book.

Here is some pictures of the jet boat trip:

Boat is totally empty on the way down, the Driver has been doing this for 28 years.

[​IMG]

Down the river we go....

[​IMG]

The white rock rim on top is same rock as the famous "white rim trail" rock

[​IMG]

If all that is too much, I can show you how to get to the Sandy Beach for snacks, swimming and sunset.

[​IMG]

Panaramic shot of the town and the "Portal" in the back where the river has carved it's way thru the Moab Rim. Come on down for a visit.

[​IMG]
  5. mcmarcia

Oddometer:
    Where did you ride? Any pics to share?
  6. ctowne

ctowne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow this looks awesome. You are very generous to offer such a nice place! Will keep it in mind if I ever come out that way [emoji106]
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Sweet!

I'll be in Moab next week for work...with a big tour group on a motor-coach. Seeing Arches, Canyonlands and a Riverboat ride w/ the Moab by Night people. If you see a big bus that says, Trafalgar, around town or at the Best Western, that's me.
  8. SJK

SJK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was the 1st visitor to the Guesthouse and really enjoyed my stay!! The thing I liked the most about it was it had the homey feeling you don't get at a Motel/Hotel.

I like low key and simple when on the road and Marcia's Guesthouse was just the ticket. I wish I could put an outdoor shower up at my place for the simplicity of the whole thing.

Anyone considering taking her up on this offer should do so with no regrets. Location is everything and her place is right off the main drag. That suited me just fine giving it the backyard atmosphere.

She has all the maps and Guidebooks for everything in the area as she said and that saved me some $. When I was done using them back in the box they went. If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to shoot me a PM and I can possibly give my 2 cents.

This is a great thing she has going on and I would like to help her out if I can so don't be shy. Was like having a friend in the area. Funny thing is now I feel I do!!!:lol3
  9. mcmarcia

Oddometer:
    ....I love your maps and have used them to find backroads around Colorado and Utah. You will have to plan on coming out by motorbike next trip and stop by or stay!!! I did the Moab by Night this summer w some of my good friends from Texas who came for a visit, quite the fancy huge jet boat, seats 144 passengers. It is really geared towards the older folks, large tour groups...I guess we qualified, we had a good time, lol. But we really enjoyed the jet boat trip where we got to blast down to the confluence of the Green and the Colorado to pick up the canoes and boaters, and then up the Shaffer Trail into the Island in the Sky Natl Park. Hope to see you in town!!

10. mcmarcia

Oddometer:
    Really enjoyed having you out and glad I could help make your trip out here awesome and affordable. I have a group of three riders who just left Atlanta and are coming for 3 days. Excited to see this idea coming together to a reality. You ADV folks are the best!!! Thank you so much!!! :D

11. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will be in Moab an a couple of weeks. Are you booked up all month. I usually stay at the Adventure Inn when I am in town but your place looks great.
  12. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Gettin' older Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool. I'll pass the word.
  13. mcmarcia

Oddometer:
    Good to here from you, hope you make it this way. Want to plan a DS trip thru capitol reef, Torrey, RT 12 to Boulder, Escalante, Burr Trail and back to Moab? Been a couple of years and missing the views.

14. scoutguy

scoutguy The Chairman

Oddometer:
    This is a fantastic deal, love Moab. Wife likes it as well, next trip out we'll give you a call.
  15. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I just stayed at Marcia's..........Awesome! It was a very pleasant experience and I will be back there in a week or so when I come back through the area. The room is very clean and quiet at night. Marcia is a wealth of info about the area and when I asked her where I could get a good Mexican meal she said follow me......we had a nice walk from her place to the center of town and had a great dinner. She is taking things "one step at a time" and is doing a great job. If you want a change from the high priced motels in Moab stop by and see her. BTW the room has a giant tub that will soak out any road soreness you may have!
  16. jpr

jpr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great Feedback! awesome to hear about these type of good people and deals.
  17. mcmarcia

Oddometer:
    Wow, this is really working out well so far, lots of interest, and I love to get to meet such awesome people!!! Getting things tweaked for motorcyclist and improving things everyday w new ideas.

I am booked up for next 6 nights with two groups and have a rider coming in in about a week, so you know my availability. I am planning to do a 3 day mountain bike trip on Sept 27-29th on the White Rim Trail, so will be gone, but could book someone in before I go away.

Weather is just perfect now with highs in the mid 70-mid 80's w lows mid 50-low 60's. The rain last week has cleared w sunny skies and the trails should be really good with the recent heavy rain wetting down the sand for some awesome riding. Send my a PM and I can communicate more detail if you have an interest in coming out to enjoy some desert riding. :clap:clap
  18. jpr

jpr Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi Marcia,

happy to see it is going well for you. I just wanted to suggest and idea and from there you can see if it works out for you or not.

I think you could benefit from creating an online calendar (Google calendar for example) that you could fill out as you book the room and that inmates could go to and see which dates are available at a particular time.

you could just make that calendar that only you can edit and post on your dedicated thread and also on your signature.

just a thought... have a good one.
  19. PhiSig1071

PhiSig1071 Friendly Neighborhood Privateer

Oddometer:
    Dog friendly?
  20. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    VERY dog friendly.