Went for a Motorcycle Ride........On My Scooter.

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by klaviator, Jul 1, 2013.

1. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Back in 2012 I rode from Houston to DC for a conference. Came up the Natchez Trace up to about Tupelo where I cut over east to meet a friend in near Chattanooga to ride the Dragon and some of the other roads. I was pleasantly surprised with the riding in northern Alabama. I wouldn't mind going back to the area again. I still need to get S. Carolina clicked off on my ride map.
  2. StingerCo

StingerCo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    San Francisco Bay Area via Aptos California
    The Monterey Bay is simply beautiful today. It's the lull before the badly needed storm that is supposed to arrive this week-end. In the meantime thought I would enjoy our 74° sunny weather by taking a ride out to Corralitos to pick up some sausage for tomorrows stuffing and then off to a bakery in Santa Cruz called "The Buttery" for a few Thanksgiving pies!

I stopped along the way at the Polo Field in Aptos to snap a few pictures, then had a great breakfast at the Cadillac Coffee Shop in Watsonville where I parked my scoot and ended up having a great conversation with an off-duty CHP Motorbike Cop who was out on his own cycle enjoying the scenery.

I really love riding my scooter!

The view of the pacific from my backyard. A little tough to see the water because of the marine haze but still a good example of how beautiful it is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    The weather last Saturday was great and I planned on going for a motorcycle ride. I posted on a local forum to find some people to ride with but the only one who responded would be on a scooter. So I went for a scooter ride.

This HD200 belongs to another inmate. Note the front brake rotor. It's a GSXR 1000 brake rotor.

[​IMG]

We ended up having a great ride:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The weather is cold and gloomy today so I probably won't go riding. Instead I have been working on a new project. I've been going through my old pics, you know those from back before digital cameras, and scanning some of them. I decided to do a ride report using those old (ancient?) pics. I've got it started here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042598
  4. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Wow, I just saw this. Do you listed to their Podcast? It is great.
  5. cdwise

Oddometer:
    At lunch today with my brother he was asking if I was interested in joining a ride he's putting together from Mexico to Canada in early may. If I go I expect to be the only scooter rider. So far the 3 who have committed are all riding BMWs with a possible Triumph and Honda rider. He's talking an 11 day trip from TJ to Canadian border and back to San Diego mostly along the California coast going up and back down the Sierras. So the question is, should I try to get away for a couple weeks to go with them or not?
  6. wanderboy

wanderboy I just wanna ride,ride

Oddometer:
    When I turned 50 I decided if I was past the half way point and that if I was going to ride I'd better get with it !!!! I am now 63 and have now had maybe 20 bikes. I kept my Silverwing scooter thru all of them. Point is.....if you don't go, you will sit and think what a great time the other guys are having and kick yourself for not going !!!!! Trust Me. :norton
  7. cdwise

Oddometer:
    Well, I gave them a tentative commitment this morning. The only qualifier is getting the scoot out there and more route details. My one brother in Texas talked about doing a 2 day "haul ass" trip of 800+ back to back days or if a couple of others commit hauling out his trailer so they can fly out to the start since they can't get enough time off work to ride out and back (aka a more reasonable 2.5-3 weeks including travel time of 3 days for the 1700 miles each way to the start).

Though it looks like I might have a "warm up" to Florida in about 2.5 weeks for a conference.
  8. =retread=

=retread= freedom loving USA

Oddometer:
    Klav. have you seen the new super 8x? high front fender, flip up rear seat, 12in wheels, 151cc, 10.3hp, aggressive tires, single rear shock, all on the agility frame and 26lbs. less than previous version. after reading a lot how yours has held up I will be hunting down a digi. camo one. they have a regular super 8 also with a low front fender.

Attached Files:

9. Phipsd

Phipsd Older but not wiser.

Oddometer:
    Oh!!!! Love that 67 Honda 450 Black Bomber. That was the first big bike I ever took a ride on in 1968 when I was 15. I stalled it a couple of times until I got the hang of the clutch and I never got it out of second gear in the neighbourhood where I lived. Still it was a thrill I never forgot.
  10. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen this yet. I doubt I will see one around here. The local Kymco dealer has pretty much given up on selling new scooters. It does look interesting.
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Except your showing very poor riding skill and on the complete wrong side of the road.

12. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Not me. I was standing on the edge of the road taking pics and there were some potholes in the road that he was avoiding. That's the reason for being in the wrong lane. At least one other rider did the same thing. Don't make judgements when you weren't there and don't see the whole situation.
  13. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't you love the Internet? It gives an equal voice to the inexperienced yet opinionated who instead of enjoying the ride open their uninformed mouths. Grr.
  14. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I also posted these pics in the Bamarides forum. Someone there noticed the riders being in the wrong lane and posted this:

Looks like a nice ride [​IMG]

I have to ask, why are those guys in the wrong lane coming our of that corner? Not judging, just curious...

This guy asked a valid question but didn't rush to judgement without all the facts

And the reply from one of the riders was that it was the poor condition of the pavement right there. Keep in mind that there was no traffic on that road and good visibility around that curve.

The whole ride report is here: http://bamarides.com/ride/ride-reports/11-22-north-alabama-street-ride/
  15. klaviator

Oddometer:
  16. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now is the time of year I envy you and your rides. Come back winter!
  17. Dabears

Dabears Long Timer

Oddometer:
    Ya'll are having beautiful weather in the SE and I'm back sweating in Denver with no scooter.

I'm sure winter will rear it's ugly head about the time I get home this weekend.
  18. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I think winter is over:clap:clap. Not that winter stopped me from riding, it just slowed me down a little.:ricky

The weather forecast for this weekend is pretty good. No sign of winter:clap
  19. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are an animal. I'm.going to be scooterless near Asheville next week. Oh well.
  20. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I went for another motorcycle ride on my motorcycle. But....I got some scooter pics so I'll post them here. We went on a ride up to the Loveless Cafe at the end of the Natchez Trace parkway. We ended up with around 40 motorcycles total, and one scooter.

I also got a new camera recently so this was my chance to try it out.:

Can you spot the scooter?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spring has definitely sprung here. I love all the bright colors.

[​IMG]

And a couple of pics taken by someone else:

[​IMG]

Not exactly a scooter but......I am still a scooter rider.....some of the time:D

[​IMG]