Lams - time for a bìgger bike

Discussion in 'Australia' started by mattadv93, Feb 16, 2014.

1. havafati

havafati Yassdafarian

Oddometer:

Linky to flea market post

Cheers
    Fati
  2. Jdeks

Jdeks Accepting and supportive of everyones feelings.

Oddometer:
    I have been to look at and test ride that 640 linked.

It is absolutely immaculate. It's the best set up 640 I've ever seen, in the best condition, with the most kick in the pants of any I've ridden. You could get on it and go. Anywhere. I though very, very seriously about buying it. And I already have a 950.

In the end I was too poor to have both and too silly to let go of the 950 (Dr AT, you may proceed to shake your head :lol3) . But maybe this could a stroke of luck for you. Because I think if you bought it, even when you come off your LAMS, you're not going to need another bike.
  3. mattadv93

mattadv93 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah that 640 is pretty sweet...though there not learner legal in nsw, well it isn't on the nsw lams list at least which I assume it would have to be to be learner legal.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
  4. motormail

motormail Supermoto Posty

Oddometer:
    Hey BJ4X4,

I reckon you should check out the Yamaha XT660R.
    Cheap as buggery and in this trim they stack up better than the XT660Z Tenere.
    And it's on the NSW LAMS list and it happily hauls a fat fuck even with luggage.

Robo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Aussie Steve

Aussie Steve Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd ask, seeing as the 660 smc is on there which is pretty much a 640adv which weighs 30kgs less and makes more power.
  6. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    nicely setup motormail ....great looking bike
  7. mattadv93

mattadv93 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So for anyone interested I gave nsw RMS a ring and pretty much got told that if it isn't on the list it isn't legal.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/motorcyclesfornovicedrivers.html

so looks like the 640a , xr650r or 625sxc isn't legal. Pretty stupid really as there legal in qld and there's bikes on the list that are probably more powerful than them. Currently looking at a xr650l, from what I've read they seem pretty good in terms of size.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk