Kandanga Ck adventure

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Eric66, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Eric66

Eric66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Went for a ride today, plan was Kenilworth,Imbil,Kandanga,Widgee,etc only problem was when we got to the airstrip on Kandanga Ck Rd our fearless leader suggested turning left to do 7 creek crossings that were easy and maybe a few hills, sure no worries we said.In the group were 2 WR250's,BMW650 and my 30 year old Tenere, the first few crossings were not to bad then we hit number 7, getting to number 7 involves going down a never ending very steep snotty hill and on the other side is an even steeper, slipperyer lantana infested mongrel.Here's some pic's.[​IMG] Crossing 5 or 6, big bloody rocks![​IMG] Crossing 7 looks good from here.[​IMG] This was our path across, very slippery,big holes,big rocks.[​IMG] Another view, looks easy hey:D [​IMG]Believe it or not the creek crossing was a piece of piss compared to the hill after it,this is looking down it, took us an 1hr to get all 4 bikes up, although the Tenere got up 1st go:clap. By the time we popped out back on Kandanga Ck Rd it was 2pm and we had to head home. Thanks to Hamish for a nice ride:D.Oh and when we got back to Kenilworth a leach as fat as me thumb was on the ground when I got home I found out where it got so fat.
    Regards Eric
  2. Dean Ohlin

Dean Ohlin inner city elite

Oddometer:
    Looks like an eventful day, Eric.

It was easy through there once, when it got a bit of maintenance. Up until a few years ago my brother still used to truck cattle through there.

This link will show you what it used to be like. (couple of pictures near the start). http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586636 After the Jan. 2011 floods she was washed out but I still got through by myself. Now the second "once in a lifetime weather event" in two years has finished it off (for me, but I suppose it's just made it better for a lot of others!)
    I'm going over to Gallangowan Saturday....but not that way. :wink:
  3. philth

philth www.motorbikin.com.au

Oddometer:
    good stuff!
  4. goroka

goroka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Top day today gentlemen - sorry about the detour:D It did end up becoming a bit of a mental and physical challenge - I learnt that it can be hard to come up with a route that dosent become a headache for any of the riders while also providing everyone with some sort of challenge. A case of horses for courses I guess. It was good fun though. At least it stayed dry - rain would have been a game changer:evil Intersting to see how the condition of the track has changed over time Woopwoop. Until next time -

Cheers
  5. Reeksy

Reeksy high state of hiatus

Oddometer:
    I did the Kandanga Creek road about 2010 with Greendude and remember the gentle creek crossings too Woopwoop. Definitely gnarlier now, but it was the 'short cut' which threw us. Still a pretty nice place to spend a few hours hey :lol3 You forgot to mention the bush mechanic-ing too :wink:

Eric - sorry about the leech mate but it looked so hungry I just couldn't resist dropping it down your shirt when you weren't looking :eek1 (only kidding).

I discovered the tip-over switch on the WRR resets the clock and trip meter (at least I assume that's what happened) and got home believing it was 4pm when in fact it was 5pm :huh
  6. Eric66

Eric66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the detour off Kandanga Ck road took us 3 hrs to do, once we rejoined Kandanga Ck road and returned to the detour spot took us 10mins:lol3 Thanks for great day gents and if anyone wants a nice challenge try the detour or go for a ride with Goroka:D
    Regards Eric
  7. goroka

goroka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Re: times - detour was 10km and took 3hrs 45min. That included 1/2 for lunch by the river and also the bush repair - modifying a Yamaha clutch lever to fit a BMW. The return run was 7km and took 15min. :rofl

Cheers
  8. Eric66

Eric66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got heaps of GoPro footage so I will try and put some up later. That bloody leach had good drink, didn't know it was from me until I took my jacket off at home and it looked like I had been shot in the guts, bleeding like a cut pig:eek1
    Regards Eric
  9. Eric66

Eric66 Been here awhile

Oddometer: