Report on New Stuff

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by AvidRider, Jun 8, 2007.

1. AvidRider

AvidRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK, this is the year that I decided that I am going to keep my 2001 R1150GS for a while, so money has and shall be spent!!:clap

Prior to heading down to Americade from Ottawa, I installed a Techlusion (Dobeck Performance) POT style fuel control. My bike has always surged in 1st and 2nd gears when at a steady speed. I also had a lot of pinging under full throttle. Happy to report that the pinging and surging are gone. I was surprised at the lack of pinging as I was just trying to resolve the surging issues. After a 1000km, the system still runs flawlessly with no need for adjustments. I should have done this years ago.

I had also purchased the new Shoei Multitec in Pearl Grey. Nice quiet well built helmet which replaced an HJC modular (Symax??). The top air vents work very, very well. Better than any other helmet I have owned. Highly recommend this item too.

Just back from Americade where I installed a new Ztechnik Z4040 titanium exhaust. Ended up doing the installation myself as the sales guys were too busy and were not that mechanically inclined. Took me about 2.5 hours which included having to modify the header connecter pipe to fit in the Y collector pipe on the right side. Love the sound and love the lightness of the system. As for power and torque, there seems to be more umphh but it's hard to tell. I know that I seem to be able to pass traffic much quicker. The bike does run smoother. There's less vibration and I am more comfortable running at a higher RPM than I ever was before.

Last but not least, I am the proud owner of a Givi E35N. Again, this thing is great, not too big and not too small. Just be careful if you remove it. It takes a lot of force to lock the thing back to the baseplate and you don't want it to fall off.