2013 Klim Adventure Rally 2 / Adventure Air

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Brtp4, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another suit in the release, the Adventure Air, is more unique. It is made with a material Klim calls Carbonite, an abrasion resistant full-mesh fabric, to allow full time ventilation. The chassis holds the armor, has the pockets, and performs the basic functions, but as a mesh suit. Then, to make it waterproof, it is paired with a Gore-Tex stretch shell, designed so it integrates with the mesh pieces.

Klim Adventure Rally Air Jacket

Klim Adventure Rally Air Pant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Adventure Air can be paired with an optional Gore-Tex 3 Layer rainsuit, designed and patterned to work together:

[​IMG]

(sorry for the non-waterproof boots......)

BP
  3. Mr. Canoehead

Mr. Canoehead Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer:
    Calgary, dreaming of riding the Alps, again
    Any word as to whether the new XERGO armour will fit the older Adventure and Badlands jackets/pants?
  4. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    Wow, this looks really, really interesting :clap
  5. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Looks like the new AR2 has some additional venting in the side chest/pit area and has an additional/redesigned left chest pocket too.
  6. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    No question as to who this ugly bastard is:

[​IMG]

:lol3
  7. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Love my Badlands suit for venting etc but miss the Leatt brace compatibility... Very interested in the AR2! :clap
  8. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    I had been giving feedback to Mark at Klim about improvements I thought the BPro could use then spoke with him at RMAR in Silverton, where he told me a new Mesh Kevlar suit was coming out...... this had me interested as this is my prefered outer combo (Kevlar mesh using a Gore shell for the rainy days)

Then two weeks ago in St. Johns Newfoundland of all places while picking up a 606 at the Toy Box Keith shows me the new dealer catalog with all the specs for this rig and the saliva started to flow. I should've taken pics of the catalog, as the specs were broader and the pictures more close up.

Anyway the use of Kevlar is to me PARAMOUNT (as I've slid down the Tarmac and gotten burns from melting Cordura)... no longer will Motoport have the exclusive Kevlar Mesh kit on the market.

More specs...
    Adventure Air Jacket and Pant
    For the hottest and most humid environments you’ll ever ride in, the KLIM Adventure Air Jacket and Pant will take you there in comfortable style and safety. Engineered with a chassis of highly cut and tear resistant mesh, the Adventure Air redefines ventilation while providing massive storage, advanced impact protection and the ultimate in high-quality fitment and comfort
    Schoeller® Keprotec® with DuPont™ Kevlar® mesh outer structure results in extreme Tear and Abrasion resistance
    Stretch panels at elbow and shoulder for full range of motion
    Superfabric® overlays on slide/impact zones
    D3O® VIPER PRO Level 2 Back Protector
    D3O® XERGO impact protection at shoulders, elbows, knees and hips
    D3O® XERGO is the highest performing D3O® armor ever created providing more impact resistance (Exceeds prEN1621-1:2011 Certification at Level 2 in all testing)
    D3O® XERGO shapes are asymmetrical for more wrap around contact points
    D3O® XERGO is less affected by temperature remaining stable and flexible through a wide range of heat and cold
    D3O® XERGO has excellent breathability
    Dow Corning Deflexion™ chest padding integrated into inner harness system
    Incredible storage and hydration carrying capacity
    High levels of reflective
    Integrated support belt

Peace,
    JJ
  9. Desertbilly

Desertbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I need a mesh suit; I'm probably going to be in an early line for the Adventure Air. (As long as it doesn't cost $2,400!)
  10. Bofaxrunner

Bofaxrunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been waiting for the Adventure Rally update. Now that I wear a Leatt, my Latitude suit must go. I will be hitting you up tomorrow to order the ADV Rally 2. The Air suit looks really nice, though I really don't like having to stop and put on the water proof layer. If I lived farther south, the Adventure Air would be my choice.

Talk to you tomorrow,
    Kevin
  11. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    A mesh suit that's also waterproof?? :huh

:lurk
  12. ar1814

ar1814 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, it's basically a Touratech Companero build by Klim. Interresting, and promising, even if the Adventure is not in my budget (I've my Latitude for that).
  13. Noonen

Noonen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks a lot like the Motoport Kevlar Mesh 2-piece (I have one and love it) with an exterior Gore-Tex waterproof shell instead of the interior waterproof shell. I definitely would have considered it if available when I got my Motoport set.

I can also vouch for the fact that the kevlar mesh with keprotec is amazingly comfy in the heat. On a texas summer day I would much rather wear my kevlar mesh ultra-II pants than Levis jeans.

Can't wait to see pricing.
  14. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Yup with a Gore-Tex outer the Mesh setup is theee way to go in my opinion! :deal :freaky
  15. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    I'm still not clear on the concept, is the exterior a full windbreaker / rain suit type jacket or is it some type of panels that attach to the main jacket?
  16. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of these suits.

BP,

Do you know when they are going to be ready for shipment to customers or at least when you are going to get a sample/prototype?

Cheers,
    Lukas
  17. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Yes full outer jacket and pants, then your fully waterproof. Take it off and stash it... now your breathing through a nice mesh pant and jacket.
  18. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun and I'm hoping to do something bigger - at least longer rather than higher :D - on the Husaberg next year.

Looking forward to your findings.

Cheers
  19. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Basically a goretex rain suit :huh

Wonder how much a new piece is if a small tumble in some gravel shreads it?
  20. Jettn Jim

Oddometer:
    Just contacted Mark and the new gear is expected after the first of the year... I know not too specific, but niether were the Badlands Pro intro dates... yet I had it by the first of Jan. this past yr sooo we shall see.
    As to the gravel tumble situation.... I've patched up my Mountain Hardware Gore-tex outer several times in the last 102,000mi and it's still 100% waterproof :lol3
    Most of my miles are in the dry anyhow but a least three get offs were in the snow and ice... still worth it to me for the multi use the outfit affords.
    Some of the scars from the last 4 years... easy to fix with patching that I always carry in my kit.
    [​IMG]