Ice Racing returns to Cedar Lake Indiana??

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by BMWRich, Dec 25, 2008.

1. BMWRich

BMWRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    My buddy who lives in Cedar Lake,said they were out. As far as how many folks showed up,he didn't say.
    I never went,family stuff in the morning followed by skiing in the afternoon.

It ain't No Fun watching the same guy win all the time...:puke1
  2. gconsier

gconsier n00b

Oddometer:
    My Dad has a condo over by Stooges on the Lake.
    I figured I'd stop by on Saturday to shoot some pictures (I've only ridden a bike through a blizzard and on ice once.. and that was a gixxer 600 that my friend bought and I had to ride 45 miles home from the dealership for him... when it started coming down.. in any case that wasn't nearly as much fun as you'd think.. Think my knuckles are still white from some of the near misses that day.. but it was 9 years ago and I'm still kickin ((and not riding on ice)) :) )

In any case... Planning on stopping by Saturday. Knowing Cedar Lake I will be the one guy out there with the big white lens, but I could be wrong :)

Timing depends on family and weather - I will have my 1 year old with me, she loves bikes but I'd rather not freeze her into a babycycle... So my timing will revolve around when the grandparents can watch her - going to check that place for the race schedule.
  3. BMWRich

BMWRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep,plenty of photo opportunities....

So yur up near the north end of the Lake..eh?
    Howz that pizza up over there?
    That Stooge bar is loaded with HD's during the warmer months.
    Never understood the "Sit in the Bar instead of ride" on those nice days...
    "Oh well"...like their T-shirts say.. "If ya don't understand...don't ask" :huh
  4. gconsier

gconsier n00b

Oddometer:
    Oddly enough the condo is on Lake Shore Drive over there.. and I live a block or two off the other Lake Shore Drive (our pizza is a lot better than theirs:))

Started out as a summer place - My Dad kept his boat and my jet ski there.. but last year or two he rented out the house and moved in there full time.

Never been to Stooges. I hear they don't like the kinds of bikes I ride - which is kind of a shame as I rather enjoy Harleys and Buells as well? Oh well. Someday maybe I will exclusively "ride a real bike" instead of all these little windup toys :rofl

Still haven't gotten a chance to go to that site and look up times - however I did find time to buy a new monopod, bag, and strap for the camera..

Finally found the flyer for the racing - I don't think there was a single link to it on the site...
    Managed to find it using google.. go figure

converted it to a jpg so it could be posted online easier

[​IMG]
  5. HOT DAMN!

HOT DAMN! ♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer:
    GOOD EATS