SENA BLUETOOTH - Inmate's Special GROUP BUY!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 25, 2010.

1. funone46

funone46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone on 4.1.1.? Wondering if it's worth and upgrade from 3.0 ?
  2. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:
    I upgraded from 3 to 4 and it was definitely worth it... then again I ride with a couple of other riders, so the 4-way intercom is great. Haven't upgraded beyond 4.0 yet, but according to the release notes, it might be worth it.. I listen to music a lot when I ride alone and use the intercom a lot when I ride with friends.

3. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:

X2. There have been a few other threads popping up with Sena pricing in the Vendors section, but I highly, highly recommend buying here. I haven't comparison shopped, but I can't imagine any others are able to beat his prices by much, and the customer service is OUTstanding.
  4. funone46

funone46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would only buy from Rocketmoto. Adam is the best
  5. funone46

funone46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tried to read through the instructions, and did not see anything on how to use the mic. boost. Not sure if that is auto or do I have to press some buttons?
  6. motoadv

motoadv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sent RocketMoto a PM message... obtained a great price and obtained excellent service.
  7. Cap'nKanuckles

Cap'nKanuckles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i'd been looking at options for a headset so i could take calls on my bike when on trips if necessary (If my son needs me, i like to be there 24/7). And of course i found this thread nearly too late before my planned Outer Banks trip. I called Adam and spoke with him about helmet concerns and time left to ship the headset, and he was AWESOME! Amazing customer service and attention to detail! I ordered the unit, they shipped it that day and it was here in 2 days.
    Set up was a breeze, especially with his helpful hints and suggestions during our conversation. The unit worked flawlessly with my iphone. My son said it didn't even sound like i was on a bike when we talked :)
    Thanks Adam! I am extremely happy with your service and the headset!
  8. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    PM sent, looking to order a dual pack and some accssories :deal
  9. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Adam,
    Is the SM10 something that can be buried out of sight and forgotten about?

I have a Montana GPS. I use the SMH10 for audio from my iPhone. Can I run a cable to the SM10, from the GPS? The SM10 would live somewhere under my seat, receiving power from a switched source of course.

I'm hoping it will just magically all work. Down the line, could I add the adaptiv radar detector if I decide to buy one to the mix?

Thanks
  10. J Banning

J Banning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Email sent.
  11. JackC

JackC n00b

Oddometer:
    No expert, but this page indicates that is pretty much exactly what the SM10 should do. Note the bottom balloon for connections shows a GPS receiver connected to the SM10. The unit also seems to only have a power switch - so no controls to worry about, once things are paired, I suppose.

All supposition on my part, since I haven't but 4 SHM10 units now (!) but it sure looks like you would be good to go.

JC
  12. levain

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I saw that. You came to the same conclusion I did. I just want confirmation that I don't have to go through the pairing rigamarole everytime. I want it to act like its plugged in with no nonsense or drama.:clap
  13. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Jim:

The SM10 can live under the seat or in a fairing pocket. It's intended to run on an internal rechargeable battery, and affix to the handlebar. An optional cigarette lighter plug is available. Now, since Sena never asked me how this product should be designed, there are a couple of things about running it under the seat. First, you may need to play with the location to insure good Bluetooth reception between headset and SM10 - not a big deal.

The power switch is a slide on/off arrangement, not a 'soft switch' like on the SR10 2-way radio adapter. We can modify the cigarette plug into a very neat arrangement for connecting direct to bike power. This is better for a hidden install. Only thing is that when the bike power is switched off, the SM10 will continue to stay on from the internal battery until it's exhausted. The SR10, OTOH switches off when bike power is turned off - again, not a biggie.

The SM10 includes a couple of 3.5mm audio leads. These are coiled and about 20" long, stretched. If you power the SM10 from the bike, and your GPS or radar is powered from the bike, you need a ground loop isolator between audio device and SM10, and plugs that into a 3.5mm coupler, ala Radio Shack. We have both mono and stereo Autocom ground loop isolators that'll work. You'll need these (or similar) to eliminate ground hum, alternator whine and possible damage to one device or the other.

Make sense?
  14. levain

Oddometer:
    Absolutely makes sense. Thanks Adam. Now to decide if I really want to open this can of worms:lol3
    If I was to choose to park it in a tankbag, powered by the onboard powerlet style socket on my Triumph does that still require a ground loop isolator? Seems like a simpler route. Yes?
  15. Spud2836

Spud2836 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi mate, e-mail sent.

Cheers
  16. ultane

ultane sqeezin the bag

Oddometer:
    Hey Adam,

I have a set of the original model SMH10's purchased from you and used with an android phone. I remember that there were some iPhone users having trouble with the SHM10's. I haven't kept up with the SMH10 thread over in Equipment, so I thought I'd ask here.

1. Are the newer models of the SMH10 any better at receiving bluetooth stereo tunes from an iPhone4s while also paired with a BMW Nav 4?
    2. Is Siri usable with an iPhone while paired with a BMW Nav 4?
    3. Is voice dialing usable with an iPhone4s while paired with a BMW Nav 4?
    4. Is Motion X GPS usable while listening to tunes from an iPhone?
    5. I saw a new sleeker low profile design SMH unit has debuted. When will it be available? What improvements have been made with the new design verses the older design?
  17. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Hi:

Comments below...

1. Are the newer models of the SMH10 any better at receiving bluetooth stereo tunes from an iPhone4s while also paired with a BMW Nav 4?

Not really. With the Nav IV, its cousin the Garmin Zumo 660/665 since the GPS and the iPhone both need to stream music over the BT headset profile, the conflict still exists. Since the Nav IV only has a BT output - no hardwired connection, this limits options even further.

2. Is Siri usable with an iPhone while paired with a BMW Nav 4?

Yes, mostly works. Wind noise into the mic could be an issue, depending on your helmet/windscreen. The boom mic with the wind blocking cap and larger mic sponge would be better than the chinbar mic, I think.

3. Is voice dialing usable with an iPhone4s while paired with a BMW Nav 4?

Same story as with Siri, above.

4. Is Motion X GPS usable while listening to tunes from an iPhone?

Yup.

5. I saw a new sleeker low profile design SMH unit has debuted. When will it be available? What improvements have been made with the new design verses the older design?

That's the SMH10R. It's a concept only at the moment. If I had to guess, I would expect a mid-2013 availability.
  18. ws6fiero

ws6fiero n00b

Oddometer:
    After a year of flawless use my smh10 & I have a problem. Iphone 4 updated to ios6 & "lost" the mute to music when making / recieving a call - tried re-paired no help, updated smh10 to 4.1 paired again still persists. It does mute when you press the phone button & voice dial but plays when line connects... on incomming calls it mutes when the phone rings, but plays as soon as you tap the phone button to accept the call... any ideas?
  19. GoGo Gadget

GoGo Gadget Long timer

Oddometer:

Mine did that also once or twice, but not every time.
  20. Dorzok

Dorzok Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the same problem occasionally with my car bluetooth and iPhone 4, iOS6. happens if i've had bluetooth turned off on the phone then turn it on after the car and radio has been on. just saying. might just be a problem with the iPhone. is bluetooth always on on the phone before the SENA is turned on??