Looking for some Ottawa area riders (BMW or otherwise)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by dialdn, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Rider23

Rider23 Evil Ted

Oddometer:
    Some things you live with all your life lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Adventure MotoX

Adventure MotoX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates / Used to be Ottawa
    I rode to work today too... Here (central ottawa) the roads were dry and clear. I was also out for a quicky on Sunday but today was even better... especially the ride home! The sun was out and I took a little detour :wings

Felt great!

3. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Same, nice to get a ride in, should be able to ride most of this week. :clap
  4. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
  5. frazman

frazman Post***ern Redneck.

Oddometer:
    Got the F8 out for a short jaunt today. Brilliant! Ended up on the Quebec side and the entire time I was worried about being stopped since I didn't know whether the winter riding restrictions were on or off.
  6. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    March 15 was the last day.
  7. frazman

frazman Post***ern Redneck.

Oddometer:
    heh, that's what I kept telling myself....:D
  8. Emmbeedee

Oddometer:
    Do you have a Quebec plate? If no, then it doesn't apply to you anyway.

"“Between December 15 to March 15, the owner of a taxi or passenger vehicle registered in Québec may not put the vehicle into operation unless it is equipped with tires specifically designed for winter driving, "

http://www.mtq.gouv.qc.ca/portal/pa..._hivernales/reglement_utilisation_pneus_hiver
  9. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    back in France but Soul still in North America
    Right, if not plated in QC, you don't care... and if you are, you go on the SAAQ website and fill a very low level form, because you are going to ride in another state/province and it's ok... so you don't care :D
  10. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    That law in QC is a real joke, as are most laws in la belle province. I know first hand that a few Ural dealers were dealing with Heidenau to get a snow flake stamped on their K37, a knobby many of us run on the Ural. In QC, M+S is not enough for the Language Nazis, and they prefer hieroglyphics anyway. If I offended anyone, it was probably intentional. :)

Sent from my Mobile
  11. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    Well... M+S is a joke.
    This standard is not proof enough and means nothing (todays)
    The QC law asks to have real winter tires in winter... that's it, and when real winter tire will be available for bike, we'll be able to ride during winter.
    Wich is not actually a real trouble... as I said, we just have to go on the website, fill an authorization paperwork and ride.
    BTW, since this "stupid law" is on, most of the car accidents when snowing you can heard about at trafic info on the radio are on the south of the river...
  12. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are right, M+S is English, so has no validity in QC. Perhaps N+B, or is that B+N? That might suffice. I guess a true knobby is not enough in QC, or even an Ice rated tire, but we are also talking about a Province that targets Ontario plates because they are from Ontario. I could go on and on, and I am more them willing to do so.

Sure the accidents are South of the river....there is no ban on QC drivers here yet. After moving here from Toronto when I was 16, 24 years ago, I was advised by every driving instructor to watch out for two things, red plates, and Quebec plates. Not much has changed in that time.

Sent from my Mobile
  13. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    By every driving instructor ?
    Did you need to meet a lot of them before being able to pass your driving licence?
    What you wrote is completly stupid, and racist.
    I'm not native from Quebec, not even from Canada... but reading what you wrote I understand why some of them want to be independant.
    Fortunately, most of the people in Ontario are not like this, every one I met so far are not like this

Plonk!
  14. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Better threads to talk specifically about the winter tire law in QC, some even leave out the ranting and discuss the options :D Here's the Coles notes - I don't think there is a winter tire option for us two wheel types if you live in the belle province - except the 7 day pass) As for Quebecers driving habits well have you ever been to Halifax or tried your luck in Toronto? I don't think disparaging remarks about Quebecois drivers falls into the racist category as Quebecers are not a race of people but a culture of people. Happy to be called out an corrected as I'd be interested to know that my genetics vary enough to garner not only distinct society but also distinct race acknowledgement.:lol3

On another note, looky what I found on Kijiji, belong to anyone here? Sure is a sweet looking ride with all the good stuff already added to go Rallying. Wish I was shopping for another bike, someone is going to have a killer ride!
    http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...extremely-rare-well-set-up-W0QQAdIdZ469430632
  15. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    :thumb

16. Emmbeedee

Oddometer:
    That's Flanny's bike, the one Neduro rode in the Roaming Rally, last year. Awesome bike for someone...
  17. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:

Flanny's bike..... has Ted/rider23's name ALL over it.... best of both worlds... break the bank open !

Flanny, that is the longest write up I've seen on a kijiji ad in a long time.... :lol3
  18. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

I only made it halfway threw the write up. That bike is for "readers" :D

Joking aside, someone is gonna get a sweet ride :nod
  19. Adventure MotoX

Oddometer:
    I've lived in 3 provinces including Quebec and Ontario (where I live now) and from experience, both provinces have issues... No 'one' is better than the other, just different.

I'll also gladly say, both have beautiful land and people. Happy to to enjoy both landscapes... and most importantly, ride!

Isn't that what we are here to do, for the love of motorbiking?
  20. Adventure MotoX

Oddometer:
    Moving on...

Anyone riding this weekend???
    I'm hoping to get out on Monday if the weather holds.