Have you ever listened to an Audio Book?

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Travelling Sam, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Travelling Sam

Travelling Sam Travelling Sam

Oddometer:
    Exeter UK - Roman city, real ale, great riding...
    I’ve been having a lot of fun this week – yesterday in particular! My new audio book was released so you can imagine the buzz. :D

A while back, feeling like it was a huge punt, we recorded my first book Into Africa and set that loose to see if I’d made a horrible mistake or if it was going to be ok. I owe huge thanks to Kite Studios in Cambridge of their patience, encouragement and skill. I also need to thank Open Book Audio in the USA for their work and support.

Thankfully people liked the book and I started to be in touch with all sorts of new people as a result.

It seems to have sold mostly to people who drive for a living, have long daily commutes and those who just want to sit back in an easy chair, close their eyes and listen to tales of the road. Actually had some housewives get in touch too. Apparently it works with headphones on and the house work to do! :nod

My latest news on audio books is that yesterday the audio book version of Under Asian Skies was released.

There are hardly any motorcycle travel audio books out there! If you are rather dubious or have never listened to an audio book before, these links will take you to info and a sample chapter from each book. One bloke made my day by telling me that he’d listened to Into Africa whilst riding coast to coast in Australia! A mind tease?

Anyway, when you get a min, please do see what you think.

The books are downloadable and available from various places. You’ll see the links.

Overland magazine are the first to have reviewed it. You can see what they think on this link.

Other audio books you might like to take a look at are 'Touching the World' from Bernard Smith and Cathy Birchall and 'Motorcycle Therapy' from Jeremy Kroeker.

Cheers! :thumb

Attached Files:

2. Travelling Sam

Travelling Sam Travelling Sam

Oddometer:
    Exeter UK - Roman city, real ale, great riding...
    What a brilliant start! Listeners reviews are just beginning to come in on my new Audio Book version of Under Asian Skies!

If you are one of the people who have posted, "Thanks very much!" :thumb

If you've never come across my books or audio books before, got a minute to take a look and have a listen to a sample?