OBDR gps routes

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Mud Bucket, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Mud Bucket

Mud Bucket 60% of the time I'm right every time

Oddometer:
    Hello fellow Inmates
    I know its last minute (couple days left! haha)
    Me and buddy are leaving from Vancouver Can, this Friday (Sept 2nd) and plan on doing the WADBR trail from North down and then link up with the OBDR trail from Walla walla down. I am wondering if anyone has or can direct me to the GPS tracks for the OBDR trails . I am using the Zumo 550. I already have the tracks for Washington. Very excited as its my first real trip on my KTM 990R. I have done some short trips but not all kitted up. My friend is on a KTM 950s and was in the Get lost Oregon video. But since he has sent in his Zumo back to Garmin for a referb and has lost the trails.
    (His Zumo looks great!)
    Cheers :freaky
  2. Mud Bucket

Oddometer:
    Well it look like I just had to do a little more digging. There are a few threads out there. Like I would be the only one,lol. Anyways answering my own questions.
    I found a few that have been posted and for the most part look like enough to go by. I will try to link everything up and see what kind of route can be put together. If there is a place to buy that anyone knows, I am all ears!
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  4. R-dubb

R-dubb Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
  6. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have them all (it is many more than one) on GPSXchange.com

Also have SMTS system for California and for Nevada.
  7. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
    Jerry, you have them on dualsportmaps.com too, and they are posted above. :evil
    NickSoOr likes this.
  8. stormdog

stormdog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just got home from running the OBDR rte 3 South to North and the WBCDR
    I used Jerry's tracks for the OBDR and they were spot on.

On the OBDR there are some seasonal closures on the route South of Wickiup Lake to Cresent junction.
    Big signs will let you know when you get there.The main roads are open just most of the secondary routes so it is simple to find your way if you choose to comply with the closures.
  9. Dansrc51

Dansrc51 I need a cape....

Oddometer:
    I'll be running the Route 3, 4, and 5 (from Seneca up) using these tracks, modified to start at the orignial OBDR 3 just outside of Ashland. I'll try and report up after I'm done.
  10. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks but to be clear, I only combined many other rider's tracks to document the system. It is still on my Bucket list. Thanks for confirmation and and corrections.

Also, someday I will get new PC so I can look at dualsportmaps.com without locking up and see all the other good stuff.
  11. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:

I found I had to use Google Chrome to look at dualsportmaps.com. It works satisfactorily.

I too had lockup problems with Windows Explorer on my 9 year old XP machine. In fact Google Maps never seems to work the way I would like on my desktop.
  12. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    z

Oh, you have a like new one!
  13. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thinking of doing same thing this summer. Looking at completing loop using Modoc SMTS in CA. Would like to compare plans if possible.
  14. D-Stylz

D-Stylz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup, heading out the end of July. Here is the basic plan: http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?link=110681

:clap
  15. maverik

maverik Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Yea D-Stylz, that looks like a great route, I just did the northern section of route 5 from wallawalla to Seneca, we had a great time, but it took longer than we had planned, I don’t know if you’ve been on route 5 north of Seneca or not, but Crane crossing on the north fork of the Malheur river is pretty damn gnarly, especially the trail going down to the river, the river level should be down by the end of July, it was knee deep when we crossed, my water proof boots hold water really well ha,ha,. The first crossing coming your direction is the Malheur Ford, it’s a piece of cake compared to Crane. The rest of the route is in good shape, one little section north of unity has very deep new gravel but it’s only a couple miles long,, I think your rout is something I might have to do,,, have fun,,,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  16. Makalu

Makalu Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey all, I need some help here...My wife and I are planning on doing section 4 this weekend (Sisters to Seneca) and I’m trying to enter some waypoints the old fashion way (by hand, one at a time) into my Garmin 60CSx. The problem is this: I’ve borrowed a set of maps from a friend and there are GPS coordinates (on the map) at each major turn. They start out in a format that my GPS recognizes, e.g. 44,19.036/121,41.464. But after the first map, they suddenly become 44,24.55/121,25.34. What happened to that third digit at the end? I’ve searched everywhere I can think of to figure out a conversion (or maybe just adding a ‘0’ to the end of every coordinate?), but I feel I’m missing something here. I sent an email to the person that supplies the maps (Cyber K Studios/OOHVA) to find out what the deal is, but so far no response.

I know some folks have offered up tracks (.gpx), but I’m not smart enough to know what to do with them or how to get them on my GPS unit.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
  17. HogWild

HogWild Skott Whitknee

Oddometer:
    That one appears to be in Degrees, Minutes.Seconds (i.e. DD.MM.SS) format. The other may be Degrees, Minutes.Fractions of a minute (i.e. DD.MM.MMM).
  18. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Learn to use Tracks! But then, there is nothing to learn except how to download them. Once in your 60 just follow the line on the map. The only buttons you ever need to push is Zoom In & Out. You may want to read my web site on 60/76 set up and use. DualSportWest.com

If nothing else get my OBDR file form GPSXchange.com then just click your own way points on the map and download them to your 60.
  19. Mud Bucket

Oddometer:
    Looks like this thread is still alive. Funny, I was look up the OBDR tracks again and tried googling and it took me here. I want to leave Vancouver BC 5am this Saturday (31st) and want to head to Hood River for noonish (Food and Beer) the same day and start to trail heading down. I think we will head as far down as Klamath Lake and either cut East across above or below and link up with route at Lake view and proceed to take it North to 84. Good large loop. Time sensitive 8 days then back home.
  20. Mud Bucket

Oddometer:
    Just completed the Route 3 down from Hood River to Crater lake then East to Lake view and route 5 to Prairie city then slabbed it through the huge storm through Washington back home. 28 thousand lightning strikes, crazy. GPS route worked well with the road closed after Paisley heading North with a bunch of blow down. Small re-route. Track was awesome after that