Piglet and I ... Our first little adventure

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by teamchaos, Jun 30, 2010.

1. teamchaos

teamchaos That should work!!

Oddometer:
    I got my first glimpse of Piglet on Craigslist about three weeks ago. I had a two stroke for sale and was looking to make room in the garage. After setting my eyes on Piglet, I knew I had to have her. I spoke to the owner and a trade for the two stroke was made. I promised Piglet that after I had changed her fluids and greased her up, we would go on a little adventure. My birthday weekend was coming and I knew it would be a great time to get away.

Five miles from our driveway we hit dirt. Government Rd is used by many dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and I'm sure a few BRP's. However I doubt any with the stature of Piglet. It is one of the quickest ways to get in to the mountains from Walla Walla and she was happy to be on her way.

[​IMG]

The only good thing these mirrors are good for and they are not very good at this either.
    [​IMG]

Government steadily climbs out of the valley and before you know it, you are in the trees. Piglet was enjoying the clean, cooler air and was really kicking up her heals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Piglet came to a section in the road where it drops down in to Cow Camp. I was impressed with her sense of adventure when she took an immediate right and down we went.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The North Fork of the Walla Walla River runs through Cow Camp and is a great place to rest and relax. Coming back from the river I caught Piglet snoring and had to tickle her behind the ears to get her moving again.

[​IMG]

Wanting some single track to see how the BRP would handle, I decided to take trail 3227 back to the top. Piglet asked if we could stop and wallow in the mud, of course I obliged.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before the ride, I informed Piglet that I heard there was a new trail to Deduct Pond. After quite a bit of looking, we founding it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have any picture of Piglet jumping in Deduct Pond because she had jumped in with the camera. Once she had gotten out and dried off, I was able to snap this picture before we were off again.

[​IMG]

I knew one way would take us to Tollgate, OR and the other to Dayton, WA. Piglet kept telling me left but I wanted to check my GPS just to make sure. After checking for myself, I promised I would never doubt her again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Piglet informed me that she doesn't like snow and that it would be in my best interest to keep moving.....so we did.

[​IMG]

The road turns to pavement and before long we were in Dayton. I hadn't eaten lunch and by now it was 4:00. I knew a great place to eat in town so we headed to Rays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Piglet was a little pissed she couldn't come in out of the heat. Needless to say she was even more pissed when i came out without any dinner for her. She refused to start until I promised her a beer once safely back home.

[​IMG]

Piglet averaged a little better than 33 miles per gallon. I was a little dissapointed until Piglet reminded me how abusive i was on her throttle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As promised. Thanks Piglet for a great ride.

[​IMG]
  2. BusyWeb

BusyWeb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clap
  3. dhally

dhally Hammerhead

Oddometer:
    It's looking good up there right now! 33 mpg sounds about right for a BRP. Good thing you've got the big tank.
  4. richard.bessey

richard.bessey Hard Rider

Oddometer:
    Nice to see some local area ride report, great pics.
  5. Greengo

Greengo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quick question what kind of speedometer/odometer is that on your bike?
  6. Double_Supercool

Double_Supercool Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, really nice scenery out your way :)
  7. teamchaos

Oddometer:
  8. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    Nice report. We ride from Dayton to Walla Walla every year -- but always slab -- as part of a larger ride. Whats the dirt route you took. I'd ask if you had a GPS track but I see no GPS. You have a set of FS road numbers?
  9. Gustavo

Gustavo Motociclista Errante

Oddometer:

:augie

:lol3

Nice report. Looks like a good option to the paved route if you have the time.

Gustavo
  10. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Great Walla Walla ride report! Keep an eye on that ft fender/tube pack.
    Sticks fly up or some dam thing and they go sailing off down the trail. Ive lost one and a guy in our group lost one last weekend. Pop rivets are good.
  11. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    Doh. I'm clearly blind. Was looking (for a RAM mount) on the bike pics. Any chance of seeing the track?
  12. teamchaos

Oddometer:
    Send me your email and I will get them to you.
  13. teamchaos

Oddometer:
    Thanks Foot Dragger. There are 4 bolts keeping that thing attached to the fender. I ride with a guy that is always turning around and picking his up. :lol3
  14. Lasherman

Lasherman Ah Sh!t!

Oddometer:
    Hahaha, I have the same crappy mirror on my little white pig (DR441). Usless, but folds down nice!
  15. Phoenix101

Phoenix101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am guessing the snow was near Table Rock LO? Otherwise was the road passable without having to drive in the snow (I don't care but the wife thinks riding in snow is for snowmobiles)
  16. teamchaos

Oddometer:
    Yes, the snow was near Table Rock. There were only two snow drifts that you had to go over. All the others you could ride around.
  17. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the ride report. I really enjoyed the big ride I took through that same area a couple of years ago. Congrats on the new ride, you're gonna like her. I've put about 12,000 miles on my DR350 and have never had the fenderbag come off. That said, the rivet gun is coming out of the shed today! Thanks for the tip. DD
  18. YamWOW!

YamWOW! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Bike looks familiar. Fockers!
  19. teamchaos

Oddometer:

Yeah. I bought it off a guy who lived in Spokane. I started looking at the XR650 thread on ADV and there was my bike. It was fun to see what Focker had done to it.