2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    2 good races. Great ride by Milsaps. Every time Reed or Barcia made a charge, he stayed steady and consistent until they fell back again.

Great scrap throughout the race for 4th through 7th. The track was tough, but that didn't stop those guys from trading places and making mistakes all over the place.

I thought it was interesting that Bubba quietly took 4th. I was expecting him to fade. I wonder if they have figured a way to work on his endurance, even with the bum knee?

What a season!
  2. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    He said last race that the knee wasn't bothering him and he's been able to get more time in the saddle, therefore better endurance. Look for him to be on the podium soon...if he doesn't crash and injure himself first :huh

Agree...it has been a great season so far. If everyone stays healthy, it will get even better!
  3. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Looks like you watched the same race I watched.

I saw a bunch of passing going on. :dunno
  4. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    sure. you keep hearing his name like the 2nd coming of jesus christ.

if he gets the credit when his gravy trains are winning he should get the blame when they aren't.

but he doesn't deserve either. guys win when it is their time to win. if helps them train fine, great, but he's no more important than the guy doing the suspension or the guy changing the tires.
  5. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    While I agree with most of what you've said, I have to disagree that the personal trainer is only as important as the suspension guy or a tire changer.

A personal trainer deals with a lot of mental issues like motivation and attitude, both of which are needed to properly train and race. A trainer also deals with stuff from sleep to food, how hard to train, and how much rest between training and races.
  6. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I see. Who was Kenny Roberts personal trainer? Or Scott Parkers?
  7. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    KR=Kel Carruthers.

Parker=Bill Werner

They weren't called personal trainers and rarely got public credit. In those days they were more like handlers. :D
  8. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree Flug. They ain't doctors... They are gym people that found a market.
  9. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    you've just grossly insulted Bill Werner and Kel Carruthers.
  10. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    and another thing. If I see Ricky Fowler's name associated with "star" or anything to do with greatness I'm going to run into a Dicks Sporting Goods and knock over a display of oversized drivers.

christ aren't we supposed to win big tournaments and several of them to be considered a star? he should go back to dirt bikes because he isn't exactly setting the PGA on fire.
  11. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guys like Aldon Baker come into play outdoors where real racing takes place in 100 degree plus temps,running two 30 minute motos.
    Kenny Roberts,Scotty and Jay Springsteen could never perform like Blake Baggett did last year at Redbud.Its like comparing apples to roast beef.Springer never trained,hence the famous"Smokes and Cokes" quote.Baker deserves props,but guys like Dungey developed they're own regime,while Milsaps credits Yogi Lusk.No disrespect to either Springer or Roberts.:deal
  12. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Assuming he was trying Blake Baggett wouldn't make one lap on a TZ750 dirt tracker before he ended up on his ass.
  13. rufus

rufus We're burning daylight...

Oddometer:

Neither could you..........but so what.

The riders today ( as a group)are better riders, are in better shape and more serious/focused than they were at any time in the past. Mainly because there are more "fast guys" than ever before.

You can put on your rose colored glasses and argue otherwise, but very few of us will agree.

I'm 55 years old.
  14. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm with you, even the few spots that had more than one line, neither was any faster. It might as well been 36" wide for the entire lap. The only race was down the start straight.
  15. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I'm 55. Nobody is more in awe of these riders than me. I'm not wearing rose colored glasses I'm saying that riders have had all time great careers without personal trainers and that Aldon Baker isn't why "his riders" win. they win because they're on the gas.
  16. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    Nice troll Flug.:lol3

[​IMG]
  17. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    It gets a bit old though,don't you think?
  18. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    I don't know, I guess I haven't really been paying attention to his posts.
  19. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    so did RV go from 4th to 6th on the last lap? just watched the 450 main on speed. Reed must be fit to be tied he was right there.

also Windham definitely made reference to his fears of being hurt and how it played a big role in his decision to retire.

so what is the drill on Fridays at these things? I fly to Dallas this Thursday and will have Friday to do whatever I want. are the pits open on Fridays? do they ride the track on Fridays?
  20. natedog39

natedog39 Borderline Beefcake

Oddometer:
    Could it be, with his help they're "on the gas" the whole race?:deal

:D