2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    great pics, and wow, what an awesome facility! the folks that run SX sure know what they are doing, wish they could take over ama roadracing!
  2. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    was it just me or did anyone else not like the double apex first corner?
  3. B1KSOLO

B1KSOLO Living the Dream

Oddometer:
    Thanks for saying that I thought it was just me that didn't get it:freaky
  4. jeep8

jeep8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nachtflug
    More pictures please, rock on
  5. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I have to agree. Of course getting to and out of the first corner in front is part of the race but the amount of wrecks and overshoots seemed to indicate a problem or at least for me didn't add anything to the race.
  6. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    do they ever have a first turn that goes to the right?
    edit, just looked at the track maps, didn't see any. would a little variety hurt?
  7. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    They do it in the outdoors series, don't see why they wouldn't do in indoors.
  8. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Because your rear brake is on the right and you can't use it if your foot is out they make them go to the left. Supposed to be safer...
  9. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:

these guys are the best, I think they'll figure it out.
  10. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The double apex first corner was actually pretty good I thought, first corner is always a problem, rare to not have some go down in any first corner, just part of SX/MX. The double apex opened it up some.

There was a right hand first corner somewhere recently, don't remember where though, might even have been outdoors last year? I don't remember it causing more than normal problems?

11. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    This weeks Arenacross had a right holeshot turn.
  12. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    yea, good stuff! thanks for sharing it here. :clap
  13. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Unless it's changed, there's no pit access for any but racers and their crews. It's right downtown, go early and parking isn't bad. You can get out for supper, but I didn't find anything close that was open. Business district, mostly. Staying downtown will be expensive, cheaper to get a place towards the border.
  14. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Loving the photos Flug! :clap
  15. NorthCoastRider

NorthCoastRider Livin' the dream

Oddometer:
    They had a right turn out of the gate a couple of years ago, lots of crashes and all the riders complained about it. Probably why we haven't seen it again. Like someone one said its too hard to get on the rear brake in a right hander.
  16. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    thanks mate and thanks for all the other compliments. here are the cliff notes on my james stewart close ups. someone mentioned earlier about andrew short being a full privateer, I guess that means you only have a a full size 18 wheeler and not the obligatory custom motor coach to lounge in when your not in the 18 wheeler. I was down by Stewarts "compound" and saw him go into the motor coach. I figured what goes in must come out so I waited, like a hunter in a tree stand. didn't take long and out he came helmet and gear on and I bagged him. Luck was with me as he rode out of the canvas enclosure on my end with the mechanic on the back. there was a portable fenced lane that the riders took from the pits, across the street and actually on the street to the tunnel that got them into the stadium. the lane of the street they were briefly on was not open to the cars. hey are those things insured and registered? anyway not 2 minutes later he comes back and stops RIGHT in front of me, mechaninc hops off, goes into the rig, comes back and away they go again. that's how I was able to get the really close up broadside shot. too cool. this was about 3pm which means once he left he went inside and promptly crashed. gordy's daughter got the crash video on her phone off the big screen and watching it was surreal. I know things aren't always as they look but damn that was a crash that never needed to happen. these guys amaze me at both the levels they ride and the occasional level they just seem to brain freeze and wad it. I think part of it might be they ride with the clutch as the throttle as in, the gas is always WFO they simply regulate their forward motion via the clutch. I've said it before and I'll say it again nobody is more in awe of these guys than me but I've seen enough pro level racing on TV and in person in the last few years to conclude that as skilled as they are they on occasion screw up under very ordinary situations. wierd.

glad everybody liked the pics I know sometimes people get upset when you post lots of motocross/supercross pictures even in motocross/super cross threads but I guess it takes all kinds. unfortunately.

post more this weekend I went from a play weekend in dallas to stuck in ohio till thursday for work. so can't post anymore till I get home. still got about 900 pictures of the monster energy girls, 600 of the girl on the right alone. the pictures all look the same but it's just hard to walk away...

hey speaking of which, doesn't Diana Dahlgren (mega goddess) look a lot like Penny (minor goddess) from the Big Bang Theory?
  17. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    thanks for the info Drify. to tell you the truth the pit party is half the fun, I'd still go if any locals want to but it's nice to know ahead of time things like that. I really didn't see much of practice in Dallas considering there are literally hours of it but the weather was so nice the pits were a real hoot.

one thing on the pit party, maybe cowboy stadium won't allow it but the only thing available to eat in the pits (that you could buy) was soda and cotton candy. give me a break get some grills out here, coffee, pizza, ANYTHING?

no biggie the stadium was open but still they probably left thousands of dollars in revenue on the table that was just waiting to be swept up.
  18. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    those crazies don't use the brakes anyway.
  19. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    The straights are only 22 feet long. :lol3
  20. Ron_Ces

Ron_Ces Aging Hacker

Oddometer:
    Maybe it was his own money who bought the battleship. Rich or poor, if it is your $$$ then you are still non-factory. Austrian $$$ spend the same from a few years ago. Just sayin'.
    Ron