Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:

That is exactly the way I read it. Yamaha leadership insulted him so he quit them. Of course it wasn't that much of a leap for him, knowing that Rossi was coming back in some way.

Ben has demonstrated himself to be a pretty strong character and supremely confident. Such an insult by a faceless management type was incredulous. I mean, it's not like Ben wasn't trying. Seemed like he crashed in at least one session every round he attempted,,, and sometimes twice!
  2. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Also the amount of mechanical failures and bad luck spies had was incredible.
  3. crofrog

crofrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Which makes it hard for me to believe he was really getting his best from his team. It wasn't even surprising when his bike broke...
  4. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    I remember Nicky saying it was hard to get Honda to adjust the handle bars when he was there. I would assume he has no such problems at Ducati. That may be a factor in why Ben decided to go there, Junior team or not. On the other hand it seems that they weren't listening to Rossi's suggestions. :dunno
  5. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I think there may be some truth to that, but I also think the Audi deal put the brakes on ALL development until the deal could be finished and approved, which took many months.

Ben has said that the bike they are bringing to Sepang in February should be all new. Time will tell.
  6. ORIF

ORIF Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am a big Spies fan and was disappointed with his results last year. I witnessed all of the bad luck, mechanicals, and mistakes.

The bottom line is that he completely failed at what previous racers have said is Rule #1:

"First Beat Your Teammate".

Lorenzo destroyed him in all aspects of measure.

Lorenzo also beat his teammate Rossi.

Lorenzo may not be as outwardly aggressive as Mladin, but he may be mentally tougher.

Oh how I would have loved to see Lorenzo and Stoner on the same team!
  7. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ducati nailed it in -07, but they're going downhill ever since, and not able to turn the ship. Now it's factory prototypes trying not to be ashamed by CRT's, really a sad joke. Much as I'd like to see Nicky, Ben and others do well, its kinda hard to believe, that the big picture is all of a sudden changing.
  8. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    So would honda. :D
  9. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No kidding! I'd like to see what he is capable of when things go his way. Lets hope for better luck this season, and a Duc that isn't a dog.
  10. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    So you don't believe Audi is the knight in shining armor? :D

I beleive you're right. And as dissapointing as it is to me, I believe this is likely Nicky's last year on a factory bike.
  11. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    It just might be! But it will take a few years unless some miracle happens.
  12. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    They weren't listening to Stoner either, which is why he left. It's their MO.
  13. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Yeah but that's pretty hard to do when you have THAT much bad luck. I mean really so much bad luck that people were betting on what's going to go wrong next. Did he make some mistakes yes, that one race he started leading he got excited and binned it. In the other stuff though that's just not the same as him not trying, that's just what the hell type of stuff. Cards were not stacked in his favor at all and I would say 80% of last season was not his fault at all. Hopefully Audi will turn some stuff around and they'll get back to being competitive.

We'll see.
  14. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    drivel. go clean yourself up...

15. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Settings.

[​IMG]
  16. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lorenzo has never beat Rossi.

Lorenzo took the title in 2010, but Rossi was out many races because of a broken leg.

Back in 2010, Rossi and Lorenzo had some epic battles tough... Japan, Spain... Which Rossi won.:deal

Lorenzo might beat Rossi in 2013, but i seriously doubt it. 9 titles... he's no joke.
  17. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fan Boi detected,

Lorenzo and Predro are going to Destroy Rossi next year. By the end of the year MM will be beating him too.
  18. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lorenzo is the only threat to Rossi. Pedro will be busy chasing that alien status ( failing ).... And MM, most likely will self destruct...
  19. MODNROD

MODNROD Pawn of Petty Tyrants

Oddometer:
    Hahahahaha.......
  20. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

fixt'