Got a lesson in loserdom

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by LoneRhino, Apr 20, 2013.

1. LoneRhino

LoneRhino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought 3 sheets of 3/8" OSB. Stopped at OB tasty weasel in longmont on the way home. Didn't think it was a big deal, but when I left OB, they were moved around, not pulled out. Stopped at King Soopers in gunbarrel on the way home to grab some grub. Don't remember the door on the topper being flipped up, but that could be OB affect! Got home, started the grill, went and hauled 1 sheet of OSB from my truck. Arseholes stole 2 of the sheets out of the back.... fk... really... OSB? worth a trip to jail? really? Guess I'm the guy who got a lesson. And the government wants to take away our defense. Sorry, had to vent, might soak in my stupidity I'll learn...:dog:dog
  2. Crenshaw

Crenshaw Bum

Oddometer:
    Longmont problems.
  3. Asatrur

Asatrur KLR adv rider

Oddometer:
    Have never had that happen in Longmont after almost 20 years here. Sounds like human problems.
  4. StmbtDave

StmbtDave AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer:
    Just be thankful you weren't in Colo Spgs, you would have lost the wood, topper, and the truck. You got off easy :D.

Dave
  5. LoneRhino

LoneRhino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, I've heard a few unfortunate stories about the springs. I probably shouldn't have posted this. It didn't happen in Longduckdongmont, but it could have. I'm still not sure where, but I think it was the grocery store, which is pretty bold and scary. Might have been in from of my house too, which is probably more scary. Just have to be smarter than them. Everything I have is locked up, but... Just hoping people keep their eyes more open than mine were.
  6. Tha Rick

Tha Rick Shake and bake! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a chainsaw + winch, rope that were removed from my truckbed as I ate at the choke and puke(Country Bufet) at the twin peaks male a while back...I feel your pain and now lock my shit up hard.

Sorry for your loss man..:cry
  7. BuilderScott

BuilderScott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 Could happen anywhere. Longmont's a nice town.

Got my truck broken into in Lyons a couple years ago - unlocked - dumb... Quite a good score for the perp...
  8. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    In this day and age you need to have your situational awareness running at 100% all the time. It sucks but it is the world we now live in. Im a big believer in Karma but I carry concealed to help out if needed......
  9. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Really? You'd of shot them over 2 sheets of OSB? :uhoh
  10. norton(kel)

norton(kel) Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No mention was made of shooting anyone over OSB theft. Sounds like his concealed carry is part of his personal protection preparation. Really, do you always jump to conclusions?:huh
  11. 1Gopokes1

1Gopokes1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Who said shot usually a display of firepower is all that is needed. Kinda llike a barking...most losers aren't that stupid that they need to be bitten:norton
  12. goodburbon

goodburbon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like how everyone here is afraid of the springs lol.

Coming from Louisiana I can tell you that a bad neighborhood in the springs is like an average neighborhood in New Orleans or Shreveport.

I remember first moving here and being warned about certain neighborhoods in the Springs. AFTER I'd already been there and hadn't felt uncomfortable at all, just what I'd have considered, "average". Coloradans sure are sheltered.:D
  13. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    He doesn't even really know when or where they were nicked, obviously a weapon wouldn't have made any difference.
  14. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    That sucks. You didn't have the bed topper locked?
  15. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Really? He said the govt wants to take away his defenses. In context, that could only mean that he is glad to have a firearm for stuff like this. :uhoh
    Catching someone stealing $30 bucks worth of stuff is no reason to pull a gun or to "flash" one either.

I have had more stuff stolen from me than I can remember and have never felt the urge to pull a gun on them for it.

This is where all of the gun discussion goes off the rails. Gun ownership (yes I own guns) is for self defense, target practice or hunting. When guys talk about the 2nd amendment in regards to petty plywood theft you are not helping the cause. YRMV
  16. goodburbon

goodburbon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A simple overwhelming show of force to detain or scare off a thief...

or you could run out there with a rolling pin in your underwear.
  17. JWhitmore44

JWhitmore44 pistolero

Oddometer:
    What I gleaned from the comment was the criminals are getting more brazen all the time. Stealing two sheets plywood in broad daylight, possibly in the middle of a parking lot that has quite a bit of traffic, means they probably weren't real scared if they were caught by a citizen. Then if laws get passed to lessen the chance of the law abiding to be armed that could make them boulder, and then they just take it when you step out of your vehicle, after they get done beating the crap out of you. I didn't read anything implying he wanted to shoot them for stealing his stuff.
  18. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    K

I read it the other way that he was pissed that the govt could even think about taking away our guns when there are plywood bandits amongst us.

I'm really not trying to be confrontational here and I wholeheartedly agree that there is nothing worse than a thief, I was just shocked to see the gun card being played in this instance.

I really don't think that laws are being passed to limit our defense of life and home but that can be debated for hours if not years.

I'm not flashing a gun unless I am mentally ready to use it and certainly not over petty crime. OTOH , if someone comes into my home unannounced, it could get interesting.
  19. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    NM is close to C. Springs. Or is the other way around?

:hide
  20. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    Someone parked next to me yesterday in the parking lot and opened the door into my van.

In Parker.

I would have pulled on him but unfortunately the law bars me from flashing. But if I could...you know it.

In all seriousness man, you left a universally used product out for anyone to grab in a town that probably sports a lot of "carpenters". Yeah, it sucks...but you sort of invited it.

Or, drive straight home.