a thanks to Adventure BMW- Chesapeake, VA

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by FormerInmate 081920, Jun 22, 2004.

1. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    Gentlemen, thanks once again for a super job on the service :thumb I did a little 432 mile break in after the 60K service. sweeeeeet :D The baby is purring like a kitten and ready for the CO trip.

and congrats to daddy down there:D it's nice to hear the news about the new litte boy :thumb BTW, the guys covered ya today. they were busting butt being short handed. :lol2

if ya'll are going that way, be cool going across US 211 at Thornton Gap (see other post).

see ya next time :thumb
  2. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    What about the pinging, did it finally go away?
  3. FormerInmate 081920

Oddometer:

:lol2 nope. :lol2

a guy that works there seems have picked up a ping on his bike. so it will be very interesting to see what he discovers. we had a nice chat about it. remember they did get permission to try to fix it under warranty at the 48K mark and couldn't reproduce the ping. so wtf. I've written it off at part of the personality of the bike.

and with things I have read about other bikes with problems, a little pinging isn't but so bad. :nod :D
  4. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    Freak- Ya ever run some Chevron Techron thru with your gas? 1 little bottle does two tanks of gas... It's worth a try.
  5. FormerInmate 081920

Oddometer:
    yep. a few times. hell, tossed a whole bottle in a tank once. it's a short term fix. I've tried the 104 octane stuff from the auto parts stores. we were talking about that idea while at the beach. I'd be willing to bet that until you completely break the engine down, all other tests would come back fine. every engine has a personality. Aggravating? sure. Life threatening? not yet. can I adapt? you bet.

I have an extended warranty until this time next year. should it prove to be a major problem, I'm covered. so, wtf :lol2
  6. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Shit, didn't you try BG44 as well?
  7. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Poured a bottle in mine. Didn't do a damn thing. :bluduh Thinkin' about tryin' MM's suggestion of using a bit of ATF.
  8. FormerInmate 081920

Oddometer:
    yep.