MotoGP 2013 Indianapolis - questions from a first time attendee

Discussion in 'Racing' started by whitebreadadv, Jul 10, 2013.

1. bwringer

bwringer Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer:
    Not sure this has been mentioned, but get to the vendors on Friday if you're looking for moto-goodies. Always lots of good deals, and the chance to slobber all over gear you probably won't find back home, but things get pretty picked-over by Saturday afternoon.

I live less than 20 minutes north of the track, and I always have a houseful of buddies from the vintage Suzuki forum. Good times.

Motorcycles on Meridian downtown can be some fun people-watching.
  2. okiegtrider

okiegtrider Long timer

Oddometer:

Nice! :D
  3. beewill

beewill Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you are willing to risk missing out due to being out of stock, waiting till after the race on Sunday is where you really can find the good deals. For alot of these guys its the last big set up they will have for the year and rather than pack it up they will make a deal. Case in point, two years ago I picked up a AGV AX-8 helmet they were selling during the weekend at $329, I got on my way out for $175. I also picked up a pair of A-Star gloves listed at $89 for $50.
  4. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    So all I hear is camping at the track is a non-stop party, which is ok as long as you can actually get some sleep, which lot is the best for tent camping and where is the best off track camping somewhat close? I've read in the past about inmates with advrider camping spots but I can't find any of those this year. :ear
  5. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    I always camp in lot 2, last year was very quiet thurs and fri nights, sat night was kinda noisy, but nothing a set of earplugs didn't help. It IS nice to be able to walk from your tent right into the speedway and not worry about parking and what to do with all your stuff.
    if you camp at the track, try to hook up with us for a fri evening beer, I'll post location when I know where we'll be camping!
  6. beewill

beewill Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you want to get away from it all and enjoy some nice woods/forest camping then there are some good options about 1-1/2 hours south of the track in the Yellowwood State Forest and Brown County State Park. Good riding down in the area too. Nashville is a great little town with everything you'd need. I'd be more than happy to give you some direction if that is what you are looking for.
  7. rob748

rob748 resident alien !!!!

Oddometer:
    If anyone is into mountain biking, great trails just south of INDY
    IMBA top trail in brown County
  8. BigEasy

BigEasy Fish Eyed Heathen

Oddometer:
    Inmate Graywolf has a chunk of ground on the southwest side of Indy he opens up for camping. I'm pretty sure there's a post in the annual ADV rallies section.
  9. rjbergen

rjbergen Adventurer

Oddometer:

As bikerfish said, there will be inmates in Lot 2. Myself and frecks also have a tent spot in Lot 2.

This thread has some details about where people are camping. I think it starts on page 2. Seems there's a few inmates in Lot 2.
  10. Klasjm

Klasjm R100gs

Oddometer:
    Free tickets to the Red Bull Indianapolis GP if you own one of these motorcycles

Show it off at Suzuki’s 50th Anniversary Celebration!

If you own a classic Suzuki street or dirt bike, why not help Suzuki celebrate its 50-year Anniversary in America by displaying it in a massive Suzuki History display at this year's Red Bull Indianapolis GP.
    The massive display chronicles Suzuki’s history in America through the pages of Cycle World and Motorcyclist magazines, and is guaranteed to be a show-stopper on Suzuki Island.[/COLOR]

Your machine – be it a first-generation GSX-R, Katana, RM or TM, GT750/550 or T500, X6 Hustler, TS125/250 or 400, Trail Hopper, etc. – will be front and center at the display, and will help bring the display's classic magazine images to life.

Your bike will be physically protected, insured and lovingly cared-for during the weekend, and you’ll get a free weekend pass to the Indy MotoGP weekend for your help in telling the Suzuki-in-America story. Display bikes will each have an information placard, with technical details and even the owner’s name.

If you’re interested in this unique opportunity, and we hope you are, please contact Jenelle Tomczak at Jenelle.Tomczak@Bonniercorp.com or call
    (760)707-0093.

http://links.bonnieroutdoorgroup.com/servlet/MailView?ms=NTYzOTM1MQS2&r=NDA4NTM3OTIzNTcS1&j=MzI5MjMyNTkyS0&mt=1&rt=0

11. Klasjm

Klasjm R100gs

Oddometer:
    I am leaving Wisconsin Thursday morning, hope to make many new friends.
  12. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    What about Indy Mile tickets? Is there a better place to be in the grandstand? Can you watch from the infield?
  13. Tom Threetoes

Tom Threetoes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you go to the mile don't get seats close to the track. The wall blocks some of the home straight. We usually get seats in row 32 and don't get stuck behind a post.