1. WhereAmI

WhereAmI Hop a Long

Oddometer:
    They are just going all out this year, like vfr said, i hope you're lucky and you get it back i had to go through the same thing and it just sucks.
  2. MK Bike

MK Bike Still riding.....

Oddometer:
    Moto: Sorry to hear about the loss. I will keep my eyes open for it.
  3. MotoPazzo

MotoPazzo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks fellas! I appreciate the sentiment.
  4. BushwickKLR

BushwickKLR Long timer

Oddometer:
    they stole it for the farkles & more than likely the engine. No one steals a Vstrom for a joy ride or for wheelies. Had to be someone that has one and was a bit envious of your add ons. so if I were you I would pay attention to someone selling the parts that they dont need on CL or Ebay.
  5. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:

sucks dude, you have insurance?
  6. MotoPazzo

MotoPazzo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do have insurance but it still burns me. I put a lot of effort and time into this bike. It was really in good shape.
  7. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:

I'm sure you have a deductible as well, which bites also. I just went through that after being hit at a dead stop on the GWB. Had to pay my deductible and now have to fight to get it back.

To be honest it's one benefit of having a huge bike over a small one in the city - Mine always have side and top cases on them when parked here, figure it's too big and heavy to stick in a van that way. And I never lock it to anything (well they as in at least 6 bikes lived on the streets in manhattan/brooklyn).

I hope if they get mine I never see it again:D I could use a break from bikes for a few years....motored ones anyway...
  8. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    mmmmmmm first post on new com(p)muter and it's not even my birthday
  9. Ginzer

Ginzer Gnarly Couch Rider

Oddometer:
    Hackintosh?
  10. MotoPazzo

MotoPazzo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's what I thought as well, but I guess these fuckers didn't care about the size or weight of the bike. They must've had a big truck with a ramp or something and furniture movers.
  11. DiscoDino

DiscoDino Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey there,

I want to brush up on my stick welding skills and start venturing more confidently into MIG/TIG (Steel and Alum)...

Anyone know of a good course for Hobbiests (i.e. not a technical school for a full blown degree) that is under $1,000 in total and teaches well? Preferably over weekends and in the city (felxible on these though...)

Thanks,
    Nadim
  12. arZan

arZan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Daily NYC commuter...Brooklyn to 20th Street @6th Ave. Just discovered this thread and am now subscribed.
  13. arZan

arZan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A quick question....not necessarily related to NYC.

Where does one get an ADV sticker. Any other stuff available for purchase ? Tees etc ?

Just started here so this may sound a stupid question...apologies in advance.
  14. Jiro

Jiro Watch Out for Squirrel!

Oddometer:
    here
  15. bostonsr

bostonsr Just weight

Oddometer:
    welcome to the neighborhood...a couple of us are down where you work. two of us are on 11th and 5ave. two more a few blocks south on broadway.

abe
  16. arZan

arZan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the welcome Abe.

Let me know if you all meet up for lunch or so. I could swing by.

My Vmax is always parked on 20th Street between 7th and 6th....very close to the 6th ave end....just outside the side door of Bally's.
  17. existent80

existent80 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a parking space and work space for my motorcycle(s), preferably in Manhattan. I know about Rising Wolf, Ryder's Alley, and Motogrrl. Ideally the spot would have not just a parking spot and storage shelf, but also access to a workbench, decent lighting, and maybe some common tools like a vise, compressor, etc.

Anyone have any leads? :D
  18. Research Rat

Research Rat thrasher

Oddometer:
    I park at motorgrrl and have been pretty satisfied. Common area includes bike lifts, compressor, vise, lighting. The common area is also heated which is helpful when working in the colder months.

It's not too far off the first L stop either if you're traveling from Manhatten.
    -Scott

19. existent80

existent80 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Scott. I'm on the UES so Billyburg is a bit far for me, but I'm willing to consider it if the space is super nice. I plan on checking it out this week or early next. The idea is to have 2 bikes and be riding one while the other is parked in a facility, and if the space isn't alluring, I'm afraid that I won't take advantage of it as much as if it were close to home.
  20. bostonsr

bostonsr Just weight

Oddometer: