1. azshtr

azshtr Long timer

Oddometer:
    19 Firefighters killed in the Yarnell Fire in Arizona. My heart goes out to these fine men and their families. God Bless you gentlemen.
  2. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hits close to home for me, these were among Prescott's finest & bravest.
  3. FlagRS

FlagRS Gone to the Dogs

Oddometer:
    so sad :cry

R.I.P.
  4. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    As a third generation fire family of fire fighters, my dad, me , & my son, currently w/ Phoenix fire, this is close to home for me also.

My heart goes out to those family's of the Granite Mountain Hot Shot Crew,the people of Prescott, & to Brothers & Sisters of

Prescott Fire Department. The loss will be felt for years to come because even the loss of one let alone 19 diminishes us all.

" Rest in Peace Gentle Soles, You will be in Our Hearts Forever"
  5. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was up in Yarnell taking pics of the fire yesteday. Knowing this just adds to the sadness of the whole event.

S.C.
  6. fishheadAZ

fishheadAZ SV hadder

Oddometer:
    The news said the average age of the crew was 22 yrs old. Such a tragedy.
  7. 'Rett Butler

'Rett Butler Happily Married

Oddometer:
    I think I almost bought an orange Ducati Monster from one of these fine guys a few years back. Drove up there and made him an offer but he stuck to his guns like a man and I had to walk away. He was a real gentleman.
  8. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    Reports say there were 20 of them and one went to move the truck and survived! Can't even imagine......................................
  9. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Super bummed
    Just found out
    I went to fire school in Texas with the father of one of them
    :cry
  10. vintagerider

vintagerider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unimaginably tragic. They will ride forever with us in our hearts on every mountain trail.
  11. PALMER84ONE

PALMER84ONE GRANDPA ASS

Oddometer:
    I was coming home from looking at property in Prescott on Saturday night when we drove through Yarnell. The fire was busting ass on the hillside. My prayers go out to the young fire fighters that where caught up in this. Just a major bummer! :cry:cry:cry
  12. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    Found out on my way back from Calif. my friend Eric Marsh was among those lost. I'm heartbroken for everyone. There's a memorial tomorrow night @ 7:30 pm at the square and will be more in the days to come. Lots of folks helping with donatiions, etc. We've got those guys to thank for the beautiful forest we enjoy, so try to do something in their support.
  13. hippiebrian

hippiebrian Long timer

Oddometer:
    These guys take extreme risks to keep us safe. Thoughts going out to those heroes' families.
  14. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    I spent 20 years as a remote area fire fighter and it was with great sadness that I heard this news. Fire fighters all over the world feel your loss.
  15. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Tragic. R.I.P.
  16. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    The vigil has been shifted to the the high school football field @ 7:30
  17. motozona

motozona Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't know what needs the families have, if anyone knows please post.
    I would like to contribute toward a memorial presented from the Yavapai off-road family. It would be nice to ride by Palace station and see a tribute in their honor. Mark in Mayer
  18. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was thinking maybe some red, yellow, blue AZ style jerseys with 19 on the back, made up & offered for sale with all proceeds going to Family's of the fallen. Would really show the DS community's support of them & their memory for years to come. If anyone has a way to make this happen sound off. I think a tremendous amount would be sold to ADV riders?
  19. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark, there are a few places like the 100 Club of Arizona that promise 100% of your donations will go directly to the families of the firefighters killed.

Also, I found this T shirt fund. http://teespring.com/granitemountainhotshots

I copied this off a friends facebook page;

An update to you all: There have been a lot of offers for donations and assistance for our fallen firefighters of the Granite Mountain Hotshot Crew. We (Prescott Fire Fighter Charities) have set up an account for donations to the families at Compass Bank. You can phone them at (928)708-0611 or go into their branches at 923 E. Gurley St or 174 E. Sheldon St, both in Prescott. You can also go to the PFCC website and donate directly into the fund from there @ www.prescottffcharities.org and all the funds donated will go directly to the families. Thank you to everyone for your concerns and assistance as sadness overwhelms our Prescott Fire Family. We greatly appreciate any and all donations to this cause.....
  20. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    If some type of memorial shirt is thought up and needs screen printing keep in mind that adv riders own HAYDUKE is the owner of FATEES in Salida Colo.

Knowing Duke Shepard I'm sure he would look at designing or helping design a special shirt as an honor, his work is a cut above.