ninja 250, 2 up TX to Argentina

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by jordan325ic, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    NextLife23......so cool this RR set your wheels in motion! So now you're in South America.....are you going to do a ride report of your own? Inquiring minds want to know! :D
  2. kumatae

kumatae Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just finished your report! Good writing is so undervalued on these trip reports and you do an awesome job! The entire time I was reading your report, I was thinking to myself, "michelle is such a trooper!" Good luck you two!
  3. jordan325ic

jordan325ic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hell yea! That is wonderful. Buena suerte!

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm starting a several year Africa/Asia/RTW-ish trip in May. My bike is waiting for me in the UK already, went a bit smaller this time.
    [​IMG]
    2000 Honda CG125. World-bike if there ever was one.
  4. nextlife23

nextlife23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will have to do an RR on my next adventure(I want to give back to this community). I definitely caught the motorcycle bug and have already been thinking about where to tour next.

Cheers
    d
  5. Travis Lutter

Travis Lutter MMA

Oddometer:
    WOW jordan325ic is planning another trip. I hope you post this one to ADV also.

Travis Lutter
  6. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jordan rides again! Great news! Here's hoping you're able to do another ride report! It's so inspirational to see someone do a major ride without going "all out" on bike, gear, etc. Really shows that we can all realize some great rides even those of us who can't afford the newest, brightest, and bestest stuff!
  7. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    Took me three nights to read your RR. Great RR and all the best on your new RTW ride. If you are ever in Dallas, PM me and we can go for a ride together!
  8. Gordon

Gordon MC Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Took me three days to read your report. Thank you so much for sharing. I truly enjoyed your adventure.
  9. RideN

RideN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I read this post a while back and absolutely loved it. I was going to refer it to a friend and realized the photos no longer display:(:
  10. jdgretz

jdgretz Looking for new places Supporter

Oddometer:
    Canoga Park - A great place to live work and shop
    Must be something on your end as I just went back and looked - I can see all the photos.

jdg
  11. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer:
    I can't see the pics either... :cry

Ran out of money for photobucket perhaps?
  12. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope, no photos. I read this report when first posted and the photos were very nice indeed. Hope that the OP can get them back up, because this is a very inspiring ride report. Two-up on a 250 Ninja down to Argentina....camping wild....having a great time. Really illustrates that you don't have to be rich (except in having the free time) to take off on a really long ride.
  13. jordan325ic

jordan325ic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry.

My photobucket account will only do 10 gigs of traffic per month. I think the refresh date is the 7th or 8th each month. I stopped paying for the unlimited traffic years ago after traffic to this thread died down, but now it looks like it's getting more views.

The pictures will come back, just have to wait till next month sadly. But thanks for all the kind words!
  14. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy to report the photos are back!
  15. OregonMoto

OregonMoto n00b

Oddometer:
    AMAZING report. I've read it in pieces over the last several months. Great pics, great writing, great adventure.

Hmmm...are you and Michelle still together?

Hoping you let us travel along with you again.
  16. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, super super report! It's one of the best in showing how you can just "do it." Many would pale at the thought of riding a 250 Ninja from Texas to Argentina.....and I'll bet no one expected to see a two-up ride with camping gear on that thing! I sure didn't. I hope he was able to start his world ride in May, as planned, and that at some point he puts up a report on it for us!
  17. RockabillySlapMatt

RockabillySlapMatt Daily Commuter

Oddometer:
    Nooo I DIDN'T FINISH!!!! all the pics are gone :cry
  18. Vagabondesss

Vagabondesss n00b

Oddometer:
    WOW!!!!!!! I am so amazed and impressed and inspired. That is a serious trip! Someone from Ninjette.org sent me the link for this.

I did 6 months touring the US on a Ninja 250, starting from Toronto, then to Key West, then Texas and back (which everyone already told me I couldn't do) and felt like I needed an adventure bike if I wanted to go further south. I regret not going to Mexico at least, since I was pretty close to the border. In the US I was spending as little as $500 per month (including health insurance, storage rental etc) due to free camping and couchsurfing and walmart food.

I think you and your girlfriend are very brave and not many people have that same carefree and positive attitude. I am also impressed with the budgeting skills! Also this post made me really hungry... except for the guinea pig.. I don't think I would be able to eat that unless someone paid me to..

I am so glad I found this thread! I am getting ideas.. thank you so much for posting, you could definitely have changed a few lives!

tumblr_nfncdj5v7n1u080t9o1_1280.jpg 11082539_637409499693893_6771008559626449766_n.jpg
    11150999_657347534366756_3512787511385217715_n.jpg

Attached Files:

pinkius and wickerman like this.
  19. Luna Tique

Luna Tique dreamer of adventure

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

SWEET BIKE!
  20. wickerman

wickerman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    *BUMP*

For one of the best ride reports ever !!!