Why are motorcyclists so conservative?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Paulvt1, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Hoopdy

Hoopdy Do we turn here?

Oddometer:
    I wave No exceptions :clap
  2. durtwurm

durtwurm Talented Amateur

Oddometer:
    Yes, I believe I too, read the same post. Wave at em' all, some will wave back and some won't. I wave at tractors and Amish horse driven wagons here in Iowa. Wave! Does a body good!
  3. Sting II

Sting II Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I personally think the attitude is changing and fast. Last years gas prices put a boat load of scooters on the streets and around here with Hardley sales completely in the tank, several bike dealers have added Vespa and other scooters to their inventory.
    I've got a studded half helmet left over from my last Chrome Noisemaker that I ripped the HD emblem off and added skulls and flames to. It gets varied responses from the Motorcyle community while I ride my wicked cool new 300 Super.
  4. Jef Miller

Jef Miller he broke it again

Oddometer:
    jefm score: 2.5 of 8

jefm score: 3 of 4

This is coming from a guy with two dual-purps who's been known to eye the Ruckus :} I can do about everything on the duals but if I ever moved to the farm I'd buy a Ruckus in a second. I acknowledge there is a "ew, scooter" grudge some places, I dunno, whoever has a problem with 100mpg and $50/yr in upkeep has issues all their own. So long as it's safe (helmet/gear, not in high speed traffic, etc) I don't see what the problem is.
  5. mjhoward

mjhoward Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Theres not one... we just know where our 'sacks' are :rofl
  6. techguy

techguy Scooter Trash

Oddometer:
    ...hanging a on hook getting bumped by our knees.
  7. newride

newride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I started on a scooter many moons ago and have been riding motorcycles for about 25 years. And yes, I don't love scooter people. Sorry, not sure why yet. I am seeking professional help for it. :D Maybe it is because i live in the Boston area and alot of folks ride scooters that are 50cc's down the middle of the street doing 20 mph backing up traffic.
    I am changing my evil ways though. Just the other day a guy on a scooter gave me a big wave and smile and I could not help but wave back.
    Don't hate me, I am working on my scooter discimination. :lol3
  8. rumbaguy

rumbaguy Dogman

Oddometer:
    I have found the motorcycle vs scooter thing kinda interesting. It seems that a lot of motorcycle riders dont have very much respect or want anything to do with people who ride scooters..AND....there are scooter "folks" who have their own ideas and prejiduces about scooters as well.
    Those of us that ride scooters are every bit as into our bikes as the motorcycle guys, we worked hard to pay for them and I for one take pride in keeping my HD200 in tip top condition and clean. It means as much to me as Harley dudes bike means to him. I am a respectful and careful rider on the road. I love my quiet unassuming scoot that doesnt wake anyone up when I zip around town.
    Something interesting......I usually take my helmet with me when I go into a store, and women will routinely approach me asking what kind of motorcycle I ride, when I tell them I ride a scooter they get this disappointed look on their faces and say "oh" and walk away. I now say "I ride a HD200 and theyre so stupid that say "oooohhh nice"
  9. rumbaguy

rumbaguy Dogman

Oddometer:
    I agree....I think a lot of bikers AND scooterists have the mentality "what I ride defines me as a man" The two wheels underneath me has nothing to do with whats between my legs!!
  10. Uncle Pollo

Uncle Pollo Bad Hombre

Oddometer:
    A 250 pound, 50 hp scooter will do for me.

Make it with 17 inch wheels.