Ordering Parts from ktm-parts.com ~ watch out.

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ryanwilliamcantrell

ryanwilliamcantrell Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Couldn't agree more. I order from them several times a year, and it's always fast, easy and accurate. I've tacked items onto orders before, too, and their customer service was REALLY good to work with.
  2. Thumper996

Thumper996 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got to admit, i have been a Katoom owner for maybe two months now and ordered some parts form Cycle-Hut. Communications was good, but delivery is not what i am used to having on my other rides for 25 plus years.

I guess i am spoiled with Honda delivery times. Any part on anyone of my many Honda's is just 1 to 3 days away, no big deal. i guess Katoom sources all parts from across the pond instead of a US distribution center.
  3. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    ktm parts come from the ohio. Always have though they just setup a new distro center there a year ago which caused minor chaos. Unless they are out of stock there, in which case it's often a month+ wait for them to arrive from Europe. My ktm only dealer gets almost an order a day from Ohio and turnaround on in-stock stuff is about 6 days (basically ups transit time). Maybe Honda is a bit faster.
  4. Mad Kaw Disease

Mad Kaw Disease Dual Sport Diseased

Oddometer:
    I'm with a non KTM exclusive dealer...but I'm always offered an express or overnight option on ordering. So far the cost has been prohibitive for me. 6-7 days sounds right...my ten day experience included a holiday weekend.
  5. ryanwilliamcantrell

ryanwilliamcantrell Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer:
    It's been nearly a month now... and still not parts.

I can't get them to return my emails anymore. I asked for the owners email address so I could talk directly to him, and I can't get past the fella at the front desk. I tried calling, and the owner was 'unavailable' ~ again the same front desk guy.

Lovely.
  6. Jody H

Jody H Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yet you still haven't cancelled and disputed?
    I'd have given them the big middle finger (via a CC dispute) loooong ago.
    Life's too short to get emotionally invested in a damn internet parts order.
  7. Pismo Joe

Pismo Joe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know this is an old post, but I am also having an issue with KTM-parts.com. One of the two parts I ordered had to go on backorder, and it turned out to be the wrong one anyway. But the real problem is no online way to track order status, and poor communication. It goes like this, I email and ask what's going on, no reply, email again with slightly different content (wanting to cancel one part), then get a reply to first email, never get reply to second, then get a reply to original note dropped in their support link. Then have conversation, the guy did not know the parts or the bikes (Chris), then I email asking why they have someone there who doesn't know the products, and the next guy (Michael) respond that he is a rider and knows the parts. It's all real confusing, I have never really had an online ordering experience like this. I ordered some parts from Touratech, and I got a call from the salesguy making sure I knew that one part was incompatible, and had the right part ready to substitute, and also saved me $100 for something I could do myself. Right now KTM-parts has had my money for a week (charge shows up in my bank account as not just authorized but captured) and I have no clue what is going on. I am tempted to order parts from Touratech and pay the restocking fee of 20% and never go back to KTM-parts.com... I've asked via Support link at KTM-parts.com for a call tomorrow AM or I'd notify my bank that the charge is bogus.

EDIT
    OK, I found how to check the status of the order. It seems they sent it to FedEx today. But with the wrong part, even though they said they would substitute the correct one. SIGH. Why don't they send status emails? This is a company with some issues in how they process orders and how they communicate.

EDIT again:
    The status checking system said it was shipped FedEx but it was shipped via sequestered USPS. And the order was shipped partial, not complete, and they charged me for both parts, one of which was listed on the order and was the wrong part.
  8. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Forest Ranger Magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've had multiple orders with KTM-Parts.com they've always arrived undamaged and complete. If you want tracking and other nifty features go with someone else. The parts show up when they do and at a great price. If I need something next day or want tracking updates I have it overnighted to a local dealer$hip if they don't have it in stock, or get it from a different website; but with a bit of planning that's rarely necessary.

Also resurrecting a 4.5 year old thread is quite fail.
  9. geometrician

geometrician let's keep going...

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  10. booger1

booger1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been getting the same results from them as well. Wasn't going to mention any of this tell I got my parts, but. They've had my money know almost 2 months, they keep apologizing for the delay so I give them the benefit of the doubt, however they told me last night that my parts are going to ship out tomorrow and I will get a tracking number, however at 4:45 today I still have no tracking number. I think I'll dispute with the credit card company in the morning.
    Never again ktmparts.
    My bad, the people I'm dealing with is cycle hutt.
  11. davesupreme

davesupreme grand poobah

Oddometer:
    i've been having good luck w/KTMPartsHouse..... the chick that does the KTM stuff is real nice, and they're supposed to get parts from Austria every two days, so.... and the prices are the lowest i've seen, 30%+ off.... check it out...
  12. stevodadevo

stevodadevo What happened?

Oddometer:
    I have a disagree. I have ordered many things from them. They made a mistake on one and another was damaged in shipping. Michael bent over backwards to make everything right. They are one of my favorite places to shop!

I love these guys.
  13. Pismo Joe

Pismo Joe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It might be a fail to revive an old thread, but in a forum-formatted-idea-exchange it is difficult to search and find good places to ask questions or to read other experiences. Yes, this is a free service I get it, and I appreciate it is here. But don't fail/flame me if the format does not lend itself to better communication.

In this day, whoever said "if you want a online system go somewhere else", are you serious? You are online now. And you are online all the time with your GPS or cell phone, or iPuppy or whatever, get a reality check please.

My last communique with Michael as a result of them asking me how it went, I gave them a "Bad" rating and said:

"Massive miscommunications plagued my experience with your company. When I ordered over internet, I would have expected contact confirmation of the order which never occurred, and I would have expected a notification if a part was on back-order (which it was), or an update to the order status, neither of which occurred. I had to contact you guys to find why I had not heard anything. The back-ordered part caused an implied delay in shipping, nor did you tell me would ship a partial order even though full price charged. Also, emails were read out of order and replied to out of order, which created more confusion and mistakes. Also, one of your people, Chris stated he did not know the products or the motorcycles well enough to know if I had ordered the right part. So at the end of this experience, I will have to return the one part you did ship due to these issues that caused me to have to order the part from another supplier, which will arrive tomorrow, and was ordered yesterday. I guess I just have to consider the 20% restocking fee the price of learning a lesson on how to check the supply chain better. I am stating this all without rancor or anger, but I am guessing it will be received as such."
  14. Oldebonz

Oldebonz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have ALWAYS had excellent delivery of parts from the West Virginia dealer.Fast,reliable,good prices,If I was closer,I'd do service there.They even gave me a nice discount on all my race parts(17" wheels,Akropovic exhaust,etc) When I was roadracing my LC4 10 years ago.I think they are top notch.:roflBob Merkel