06 GasGas 300 Pro, 2011 GasGas 300 Pro or 2011 Beta 290 ?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by scruffy, Nov 27, 2011.

1. scruffy

scruffy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 2008 Beta 250 Rev 4 which I really like, but I made the mistake of riding and older GasGas 300 Pro and I REALLY liked it. Liked the motor and the feel of the bike,sooo, I'm looking for a 2stroker and these are my choices. I haven't ridden a newer GasGas or a Beta 290. I'm a 61yr old sub-novice and ride a trials bike for fun and have Ktm's for trail riding, so I probably won't be trail riding with the trials bike. All these bikes are in my price range but I don't need to spend twice as much for a newer bike if I don't get much more out of a newer bike. Any opinions or info?
  2. Kevin C

Kevin C XTZ 750

Oddometer:
    Had an 09 Gas Gas 300 and got a 2011 Beta 300 this season, The Beta for me is a more forgiving ride. The suspension works very well and I have had no issues. The Gas Gas was a bit more of an aggressive ride. I should mention that i was a decent advanced rider but took 12 years off and now ride SR Intermediate with some success
  3. scruffy

scruffy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I've done it now. Found a 2010 280 Gas Gas pro with less than one hour on it for a very reasonable price and couldn't help myself. I wanted a bike with more snap and I think I found it, be careful what you ask for! I guess I'll just have to learn to ride it. Also found a 300 kit for my Beta 250. I sold one of my Ktm's and have spent all that money to buy these new toys, seems like a good trade to me.