Introduction and Pics of my HD and Spyder

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Just-a-Guy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Just-a-Guy

Just-a-Guy n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Folks,

I've read this forum off and on, but just registered. For Christmas, I got myself a new toy to attach to my old toy. I will have some questions, and maybe I'll be able to offer something of my own. In the meantime, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

The name is Mark.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. So much for uploading pics...I'm going to have to study this board to figure out how to do it. In the meantime, maybe these links will work.

https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/j/jmarklane_sidecar9.jpg

https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/j/jmarklane_sidecar17.jpg

https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/j/jmarklane_sidecar13.jpg

https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/j/jmarklane_aboyandhisdog.jpg
  2. DonD

DonD Retired guy

Oddometer:
    Just take what you've posted and put the info between IMG tags.

[​IMG] Nice!

[​IMG]
  3. DonD

DonD Retired guy

Oddometer:
    You read about this forum and still joined?? :evil J/K .. welcome!!
  4. DirtyDR

DirtyDR Dana Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice, I like the matching wheels.

[​IMG]
  5. Beth in Tampa

Beth in Tampa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    gorgeous! :thumb
  6. exhaust_nut

exhaust_nut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks super cool. Did the fly screen on the chair come with it or is it an add on? - Pete
  7. HammerD0wn

HammerD0wn Go cry me a river...

Oddometer:
    Sweet setup.....style of the sidecar fits the bike perfect...:thumb
  8. DirtyDR

DirtyDR Dana Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like the Brookland screen I put on my Ural.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Just-a-Guy

Just-a-Guy n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words. And yes, that's the Brooklands w/s. It's available as an option from Motorvation, and I ordered the sidecar with it. The wheels are standard HD mags, but powder coated on the "spokes." Motorvation ordered the wheel for me and set it up and shipped it, then I had the powder coating done locally to match the wheels on the bike. Also had the Optima headlight powder coated.

I'm gingerly learning the nuances of right turns and other insane maneuvers. Considering the ESC riding course. Been riding 2 wheelers for over 40 years, but this is a whole 'nuther ball-o-wax. Needed a change of underwear after a downhill right turn on the first outing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. pampine

pampine Warrior

Oddometer:
    Beautiful rig. What's the purpose of the two-shock system? How does it work?

Pam
  11. Just-a-Guy

Just-a-Guy n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Pam. I'm guessing what you are seeing is the reflection on the side of the car. There's only one shock.
  12. spezjag

spezjag Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    DirtyDR -

Can I ask where you bought that? I would like one instead of the standard large Ural windscreen.

EDIT: Never mind - I found one - $130 delivered! A lot cheaper than Motorvation (though obviously theirs includes the cost of labor to install, and they are on the hook for making it perfect for their buyers).

Thanks!
  13. Beth in Tampa

Beth in Tampa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is a cool-looking screen-I didn't check the dimensions to assure they were the same, but I simply Googled "Brookland windscreen" and at a glance found a bunch of sites- one was under $150.
    :eek2
  14. spezjag

spezjag Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Beth -

First: Where are you in Tampa? I am home on leave, and enjoying the South Tampa lifestyle (though it's cooler than I might have expected).

Second: after I initially posted, I went and did the same as you - and found several vendors under $150. I agree with you - it looks a lot cooler than the standard massive Ural screen. I will post pics when I get it installed.

Thanks!
  15. Beth in Tampa

Beth in Tampa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Gary- yes, colder than it should be - I had to take advantage of the local Beemer dealer's end-of-year "gambler's" sale and get a new riding jacket & gloves (all in stock merchandise is 50% off this week & BMW, Ducati & Triumph '09 bikes are discounted, too).

I live in the NW Tampa area, past Westchase, near the Eagles. I will put in an order for some warmer weather - I hear tomorrow may hit 70? :smile6
  16. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    Beth just had to write:
    >>....I live in the NW Tampa area, past Westchase, near the Eagles. I will put in an order for some warmer weather - I hear tomorrow may hit 70? <<<

Ya know there are many people who move to Florida from Pa. I was born and raised in North Tampa and moved to Pa.. Darn it Beth after that post of yours I hope it goes down to 40 down there!! Brrrrrrrrrr
  17. Just-a-Guy

Just-a-Guy n00b

Oddometer:
    I can tell ya, it's colder than a well digger's asss in NY today. "Real feel" in the single digits and windy as helll. I was gonna ride to work but decided not to. I envy you folks in Florida!
  18. pampine

pampine Warrior

Oddometer:
    Oh, my bad, thanks; but you know, no one should have a rig that shiny. :)

Pam, who's freezing in rainy 40° Austin today
  19. Beth in Tampa

Beth in Tampa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Single digits & windy? Eek! :eek1 And I felt frisky riding this morning at 40 degrees (even Claude agrees 40 here is a colder 40)... now, once I get my RT set-up with fairing, heated handgrips & heated seat, I could consider venturing north... maybe. :smile6