Omni-Cruise

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ParaMud, Nov 6, 2012.

1. WOTDesigns

WOTDesigns Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    vwboomer, That is a common question. Honestly it was one of the main reasons I made a instructional video. Posted below... literally uploaded a few minutes ago.

Reality is that you should ALWAYS decelerate before braking. Not doing so will wind you up on your head, since pushing the rear and stopping the front creates a decrease in traction. BUT in reality it comes down to your grip on the throttle. I 2-finger brake and throttle so I don't notice at all. I recommend just chopping throttle as you are rescuing for the brake. Its a natural reaction, but the brain over thinks it. Just like normal you should always decelerate prior to braking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi0Woe9fFs4
  2. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    NICE! Glad to hear they found you!
  3. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

Watched the video. My question was more so related to emergency braking - like a deer or supermodel running out in front of the bike. It's natural to roll off when going for the brake and counting on the spring to return the throttle to zero, hopefully it's as intuitive to roll the palm across at the same time as grabbing the lever.
    I'll definitely order one. Turrible shame riding season is limited at this point :deal
  4. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered one this morning.

Had a Go-Cruise and loved it, till it snapped in half after only a few weeks use.
  5. Craneguy

Craneguy British Hooligan

Oddometer:
    You have to remember to consciously close the throttle when getting on the brakes hard. A couple of times with the Go-Cruise I hit the brakes and clutch and red-lined the engine. It's a strange feeling, like sensory overload. Hard on the brakes, traffic coming to a halt, check your mirrors and suddenly your engine is screaming. "WTF? Oh yeah, the throttle lock, damn, what do I need to do, oh yeah, close the damn throttle" All in about 1/4 of a second. You'll get used to it...
  6. ParaMud

ParaMud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Before I had the Omni-Cruise, I had the throttle rocker
    [​IMG]
    Worked great on the freeway, but when I would get in city traffic I would always blip the throttle on accident and it was harder to move out of the way. Kinda scary
  7. Craneguy

Oddometer:
    That's the good thing about the omni-cruise. You really can't set it inadvertently.
  8. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    Thank you guys four the helpful replies!

They nailed it: clutch + brake + same throttle position = high revs. same thing would happen without a throttle lock, but with any throttle lock it revs a little higher unless you have a decent grip in the throttle (which you probably will in a panic stop)

Best practice is to chop throttle as you are reaching for the brake lever. This can be easily done in a nice smooth motion with experience on your side. I dramatized the chop throttle in the video to make it easier to see. I probably should have added a smooth roll off as I an reaching for the brake too.
  9. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    attempting to embed the video for easier viewing... take 3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1Ja_0EvjNXA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. husqzilla

husqzilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I see something new like this I usually wait for the dust to settle after the first wave hits the beach, but this thing just has too much going for it to hold off. I've had Throttlemeister, Manic Salamander, Vista Cruise, and even the good old fat O-ring between the grip and the brake master cylinder. There was always something not to like about each one. This thing - good design, simple, sturdy, made in USA - what's left not to like? :deal

My order's in.
  11. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine, too. :D
  12. Craneguy

Oddometer:
    It arrived!
    I was getting concerned but it's here (along with something that shipped a week before... Mexico huh!)

It's nice bit of kit and a big step-up from the Go-Cruise in quality and it is skinnier so that will let me go back to 3 finger braking with my short lever.

Nice work. Hope you sell a million of them!

[​IMG]

It just clears my Barkbuster... Exactly the same clearance as the Go-Cruise with stock guards for those thinking of upgrading.
  13. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    I'm in !! It looks like a great product.
    I just ordered and payed with paypal.
    Thanks !!
  14. TREE

TREE Interloper

Oddometer:
    Got mine a few days ago, looks great. Installed it but have not had a chance to ride yet.
    Pretty sure I was the first Canuck order, got one of the three discount coupons.
  15. stnick

stnick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just ordered mine and noticed the replacement "bands" after I ordered. I noticed in the picture of the Triumph Tiger there is no band being used, I wonder if it will work without the band? Anyway, the bands are cheap and free shipping and will allow me to use the it on all my bikes.:clap

Nick:
  16. Craneguy

Oddometer:
    Mine had 2 bands in the bag. I didn't need them.

I think you only need the bands if you have skinny grips or those chrome "OCC" ones.
  17. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    Craneguy is right, the bands aren't mandatory. They do serve a few different purposes when used though. Protecting and providing grip for metal grips. It can provide a more uniform surface on some grips with lots of surface molding. On grips with taper or levers that flare out dramatically it can help keep the omni straight.

Nick, I'll throw an extra in for you just in case.
  18. turbodieseli4i6

turbodieseli4i6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Order placed. Thanks!
  19. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    Alright guys - it's 8 am and I alway have been asked about CYBER MONDAY sale 3 times. I was in the shop all 4 days over the holiday weekend and think I might actually be ahead of the order curve for a few weeks SO:

CYBER MONDAY SALE in effect!

30% off all new orders (can not be combined with any other discount)

Thats only $34.99 folks

The idea is to give them as gifts right? (sure) With that in mind I haven't forgotten all of the kind souls who have already ordered. ONLY UNTIL TUESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PST anyone who has already ordered can pm or email me for a code FOR 50% OFF! Please include your order number. That ought to make giving a gift a little easier. You know you have a friend who needs one, give the gift of "no more wrist shaking at stop signs" for Christmas!
  20. turbodieseli4i6

turbodieseli4i6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh joy! I just paid 43.99. Missed it by that much!:1drink