I'll draw your bike. Or car. Or truck. Or whatever.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by flux_capacitor, Feb 16, 2013.

1. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Folks, some of you may know by now that I like to draw. I'm an old fashioned guy, all work is done with an ink pen and sometimes a pencil.

This year I'm making a push to crank out some more work. All proceeds from this sale will go to raising funds to start another moto/art inspired project I have in mind.

What I can do: I can draw just about anything you want me to. I love bikes, obviously, and other machinery. That is my specialty. The dirtier and rustier the better. I will draw it, in ink, on paper, and send you the original art. I can also send you a scanned image if you like. I will draw it the way I draw it. It will rule. You will like it.

What I can't (or don't)(or won't) do: I don't do extensive work on the computer. My work is hand-drawn. I am NOT a professional "graphic artist". You don't get revisions. You don't get to tell me how to draw. You have to trust me. I'll take any input you might have such as favorite colors ahead of time and do the best I can to work with your thoughts but at the end of the day it'll be my art based on your bike. :D Also, I don't want to draw your newborn baby. Its boring, and your baby is fugly anyway. :lol3 I want to draw machinery and cool things. :freaky

What you get: One hand drawn piece of original art for you to do with what you want. Want to use it for club shirts? Go for it. Wanna frame it and hang it over your fireplace to replace that Thomas Kinkade piece of shit your wife hung up? It'd be my honor. Tattoo on your lower back. Nothing says 'I kick ass' like a male tramp stamp. The only thing I ask is you not use my work to sell things like shirts and stickers for yourself or your business at a profit. If you want a shirt for your business or to resell, PM me and we can talk.

What I need from you: A couple GOOD photos taken in GOOD LIGHT. Daylight works best. The flashlight from your iPhone in your garage is not what I want. I want outdoors on a sunny day for the best art. I'll do my best to work with whatever though. I like a good challenge. If you are semi-local I can photograph your bike for you. Let me know if you need help with this.

My rates: For the first five people that contact me my price for ADVriders is $200. My usual price is $300. I also love bartering. I just bought a /5 I might could use things for (esp a set of luggage). Turnaround time varies. I work a full time day job that keeps me super-busy. I work on inspiration. If I feel inclined I might get your photos and crank something out in one night. It might take me a month. It will NOT take MORE than a month. If you have a deadline I need for you to let me know before we get started to see if I can handle it.

Stay tuned for examples of my work...
  2. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    Scrambler I did for my pal Mike at TMO.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also did a vintage-inspred design for Mike.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

/3 for Wes at Apex Cycle Shop.
    [​IMG]

/5, again, for Wes.
    [​IMG]

Pinup girl for Apex.
    [​IMG]

Art I did for Two Wheels Only which didn't get used before GT closed shop (I plan to use this for a future project)
    [​IMG]

My brother did tattoo this on his arm... I wasn't kidding about the tat thing!
    [​IMG]

Rally shirt I did for Meathead a few years back.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ADV Rebel Yell 2007.
    [​IMG]

For Jack Daniels' Bikeweek at the Scrub. One of my personal faves.
    [​IMG]

And the 2007 Scrub shirt.
    [​IMG]
  3. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    I'll also go surreal on your bike if you want!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Mossy_Crk

Mossy_Crk Fallen over

Oddometer:
    Sweet. Flux is the real deal! I've seen the stuff in his basement that he's too modest to share here. Most of what he's shown here seems to be in a similar vein, but don't pigeon hole him. If I had any need of an artist, I'd go to Flux first. In fact I have in the past.

In the interest of open disclosure, I have to complain that he once sold me a KTM and neglected to tell me the gyroscope was having issues. Damn thing fell over all the time. Seemed worse when it was wet, muddy, or in the presence of people with cameras. Others who rode didn't seem to have a problem. Very annoying problem to diagnose.
  5. nytrashman

nytrashman old and in the way

Oddometer:
    i would be interested in this. what is the size of the finished drawing?
  6. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mossy_Crk. Good talking to you tonight, sorry my phone blows so bad at my house! If you thought the KTM had a gravity issue I can only think what you feel about the BMW. :lol3

Nytrashman, PM sent, but for the rest, size is usually 11" x 14" or 9" x 12". I can accomodate though! :freaky
  7. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    flux. i'm interested.

i'll get my materials and ideas together and will PM you.

thanks.

joel
  8. chollo9

chollo9 Screwed the Pooch

Oddometer:
    That's some lame shit, Thomas Kinkade rules. :rofl
  9. aiMhi

aiMhi Roostafarian

Oddometer:
    Love your style man!!!:clap
  10. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies, y'all! I am working with 5 right now! I've returned all PM's sent to me, sorry for the delayed response: its spring time in the Georgia landscaping world and it's been a busy week.

I'd still be interested in talking to anyone that has a cool/interesting need! :deal
  11. greywolves

greywolves Too OLD to be a NOOB - ANYWHERE!

Oddometer:
    How about a pic of the finished TWO tattoo!:freaky
  12. Mossy_Crk

Mossy_Crk Fallen over

Oddometer:
    I'm excited to see what you guys come with for Flux!