Annual South Carolina Fall Camping Trip

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by kalonji, Jul 18, 2012.

1. kalonji

kalonji nihilism or nothing

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'll be dining at both restaurants for every meal.

No mimosas for me before the ride. If my wife comes I'm sure she'll have my share :1drink:D

Keeps the drinking on the downlow as it is not permitted in the parks. I'm sure you know this but for those that don't now you do. I fully condone alcohol while camping:deal
  2. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    It looks like that weekend may be open, so I'm a definite maybe.:evil

I'd need a place to hang a hammock if I come.:ear

Chris
  3. scooterGdawg

scooterGdawg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2nd thought, i could go for you guys doing the cooking.... if'n ya want ?
  4. rmarkr

rmarkr Squatter

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding in on Friday afternoon.
    I've reserved campsite T002, and will have space if anyone needs to pitch a tent.
    Weather looks about perfect.
    Should be fun!
  5. kalonji

Oddometer:
    Rmarkr, you know it's in October right?
  6. ahhhgladius

ahhhgladius broken rider

Oddometer:
    i almost forgot about this one. i will be caging it in. scooterdawg we are still good to go right?

i lost my bike last week, due to being rearended by some $#%$#$%%&^%&%$#%$$& &^% 6656tuyytureyutyeyfwoiuy........... that wasnt watching the road. got some gnarly road rash and a fractured spine, kalonji my sfv is GONE!!!!!! im so sad.
  7. scooterGdawg

Oddometer:
    yea dude.......
  8. kalonji

Oddometer:
    Now you can upgrade to an sv:)
  9. caycek5

caycek5 Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer:
    Or perhaps a Sprint. :deal
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802253

kalonji, you should have made it easy for him and included a link. :hide

ahhhgladius, I'm glad you can/will still be making it out for the weekend. You can hang out with me in the cripple corner while everyone else goes riding. :muutt
  10. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advertising, caycek5! That's a slow-healing break you have there. So sorry to hear about your crash also, ahhhgladius. I'm wishing for a full recovery for you both. I told kalonji I'm not much of a camper but I may sneak up there for a visit & ride.
  11. caycek5

Oddometer:
    It's healed up now, I'm working on mobility and strength now. I've ridden my bike a couple of times in the neighborhood, much to the dismay of the wife. She says the word for me is "caution" until I get back to work.

Hopefully we'll see you that weekend.
  12. kalonji

Oddometer:
    I'm too in love with my bike to sell it. I'm glad selling it never worked out.

Ahhhhhgladius you may want to see if you can get a more neutral name (ahhhhh____) from the mods before you get too deep in this. It could save you from years of explaining. Just an idea. I'll call you whatever is listed. Just thinking if you were to get a bike other than a gladius. I'm glad you're not too bad off. I'd say ok but you're a little off from that.

Alive yes
    Vegetable no
    Replacement elbow no
    Screws no
    Metal plate in head maybe:D you are here after all. LOok forward to meeting you at the camping trip and am glad you can still make it even if it's on the injured reserve.

ScooterGdawg I was looking forward to yalls exceptional mealtimes. I know others were too. I hope you have a change of heart. I've been torn up over this for the last couple days. Maybe that's an exaggeration. But you know what I mean. It is a lot of work though so I understand. Do you really feel safe leaving the groups nourishment to an unknown? Y'all should have a cook off to see who cooks for future trips. :clap
  13. scooterGdawg

Oddometer:

it was starting to seem as tho someone (probably us) would end up with extra food due ..... i know most of the group are carnivores and prefer to eat as such.... figured just to go with it... seemed simple...
  14. ahhhgladius

ahhhgladius broken rider

Oddometer:
    i may requisition a bike (ninja 650) from a coworker. but i will be in full moto spirit even if i dont. shifter kart? just maybe.

or the VW.

looks like im gettong about 2200$ back from the insurance. since i still owe on the bike.
  15. Captain ADHOS

Captain ADHOS ADHOS (oh shiny!)

Oddometer:
    I must have inadvertently crossed an ADV campout meal planning boundary and for that I sincerely apologize. A lot of people, including my wife and I, were looking forward to scooterGdawgs famous cooking. I was only trying to start a dialogue by offering up an initial suggestion for preparing meals based on filling in the gaps on Friday night and Sunday morning for the handfull of people who wanted something after arrival late Friday or before departure Sunday morning. Offering to cook an alternative carnavour meal on Saturday night was probably overkill ( no pun intended ) and since that offer has led to scooterGdawgs complete withdrawal from cooking over fear of preparing too much, I will stick to friday night and Sunday morning and leave Saturdays cooking to ScooterGdawg if he is still willing.

This still does not affect my initial offer of allowing anyone who has specific dietary requirements or just doesn't like the crap we are fixing, to use our cooking facilities to prepare their own meals. We have some pretty massive refrigeration capabilities or coolers, but you are on your own for ice.

Regardless of who is cooking, we will need head counts for each meal as the camp out weekend gets closer.

FYI if you think I'm cooking every single meal, every day, for you bunch of slackers, you've lost your funking minds:lol3
  16. scooterGdawg

Oddometer:
    dude, we willing to do whatever.... it really just seemed like a better choice to concede to a more friendly menu to the masses.

how bout sending me your phone number, and i can give you a call in the next day or two and we can make this happen.....
  17. caycek5

Oddometer:
    :clap Go for it Captain ADHOS
  18. Aron31

Aron31 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Getting ready for the trip. Getting the gear and bikes ready. Actually just bought the wife a new bike... Well new to us at least. Traded the klx in for a Klr. Tearing it apart to make sure it's safe for the trip. She can't wait.
    [​IMG]
    What it looked like when we bought it.
    [​IMG]
    And currently...

What time does everyone plan on arriving on Friday? The wife and I took Friday off do we plan on leaving the charleston area around 10 putting us up there around noonish. Will anyone else be there around then?

And did we ever sort out the food dilemma?
  19. scooterGdawg

Oddometer:
    Nice klr.... no delima, gonna be lots of good food... hope everyone shows up hungry...
  20. Marsh Tiger

Marsh Tiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode one for a few years...

[​IMG]

I might be able to ride up with y'all Friday.

I think check in is around 3. I wasn't planning on getting there to much sooner than that. Would Y'all be up for a longer ride on Friday?