The OFFICIAL 2014 Formula 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by g®eg, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    As of the time of this post we are 199 hours and 34 minutes (8 days, 7 hours and 34 minutes) from the start of FP1 in Melbourne.

Not that anyone is counting. :D
  2. g®eg

g®eg world's fastest drone

Oddometer:
    F1 on NBC sports:

[​IMG]
  3. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    Me and buddy are headed to Shanghai for the race. All booked, F1 tickets, hotel etc.
    Any suggestions about anything at all?
    BTW air/hotel from YEG to Shanghai starts at 850$ Cdn. :D
  4. Shocktower

Shocktower Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you
  5. g®eg

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Livery on the FW 36 will change depending on country and alcohol advertising laws. 'Martini lines' would even be removed.
  6. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    The Martini livery looks pretty good. I know Gulf Oil is no longer an oil major, but I would love to see an F1 car in the classic Gulf Oil livery.
  7. g®eg

Oddometer:

The Williams livery will change throughout the season. Its believed Martini have lined up three different liveries.*Awaits the Rosso Red
  8. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. g®eg

Oddometer:
  10. WildAnCrazymtl

WildAnCrazymtl Political Prisoner

Oddometer:
    People's Republik of Kanada, Québec province!
  11. WildAnCrazymtl

Oddometer:
  12. HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I think the Lotus was the better car for large chunks of last season. We'll see how they do in the same equipment.
  14. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    1 week to the start of what promises to be an unusual and unpredictable season.
  15. g®eg

Oddometer:
    calling all JV haters (and possible Vettel fanboyz....)

:lol3

Jacques Villeneuve: Vettel’s World Championship reign over

Chris Estrada
    Mar 10, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT

Leave a comment

[​IMG] AP Former F1 World Champion Jacques Villeneuve has declared that four-time reigning champ Sebastian Vettel will not continue his title-winning run into a fifth year.
    The always outspoken Canadian, who is set to return to the Indianapolis 500 this May, told a pair of Italian publications that Renault’s problematic preseason testing has already finished off Vettel and Red Bull Racing’s hopes for another crown.
    “He’s not going to win this year for sure,” Villeneuve told Autosprint and La Repubblica. “To me, Renault seems completely lost and unable even to finish a Grand Prix. Even if [Red Bull] are making a new car for the European races, it won’t change anything — maybe they’ll do 30 laps instead of 15. It’s not the car but the engine.
    “I’m joking, but why bother going to Australia? They can’t do half a Grand Prix and are slower than most.”
    Red Bull and Renault’s work in the preseason was repeatedly marred by gremlins on both the new RB10 and Renault V-6 engine. While it’s never wise to count out a defending champion, let alone a four-time defending champion like Vettel, reliability figures to be the top priority for him and the team through the early stages of the season, which begins this weekend in Australia.
    For his part, Vettel has conceded that Red Bull is not a favorite to win in Oz but has not given up completely.
    “[Red Bull and I] have achieved a lot together and I know everyone is working flat out as normal,” he said last weekend.
    Going back to Villeneuve, he believes that Mercedes has to be considered the early favorite for the 2014 title but saw the team’s driving tandem of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg as “without a spark.”
    He also told the Italian papers that Ferrari remains in striking distance equipment-wise and that he thinks Kimi Raikkonen’s move back to the Scuderia – where he’ll go head-to-head with fellow ex-World Champion Fernando Alonso – will pay dividends.
    “For the first time, I see [Raikkonen] working seriously. Maybe his year without pay was good for him,” he said.
    “Alonso is a fighter from the first lap and so he might use too much fuel. It also depends on the attitude that he has…The Alonso of 2012 could win this year, but not the Alonso of 2013.”
    The Aussie GP weekend officially begins with Thursday night’s opening practice at 9:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra. Coverage starts at 9 p.m. ET on NBCSN with the Countdown to F1 season preview show.
    A full weekend schedule can be found here.
  16. HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Big story, no follow-up

Anyone know if Raikkonen's widely reported salary dispute with Lotus was resolved?
  17. WildAnCrazymtl

Oddometer:
    Jacques Villeneuve has always been outspoken and a little crazy, that being said he was correct with his past comments that the sport of F1 is trying to please the fickle fly by night fans who must see passing or they will change the chanel, all the while alienating the old faithful fan who generaly has a better understanding of the sport and it's history.

The way the rules are set up this year it reminds me of the board game snakes ans ladders. I think Bernie has gone completly mad and should be removed before he shuns the diehard fan that is keeping the sport alive at the moment and completly ruins the sport.

That being said it will be difficult to repeat anything in the gimick, different points for different races, very limited fuel, unknown tires... etc... this year.

Change for changes sake is not always good and that is what we got now!

You could always flip coins for the results and anima the races with a computer...
    Don't let bernie here this, he might go for it, and the last race can be quadruple points to keep fickle fans watching to the last lap of the last race. Something I used to do when Sena won most of the races. Probably will only watch a few laps here and there to see how this gimick season works out! Go Vettle, go Kimmi, go Massa and no rossberg, first and formost I hope you spank your inferiour teammates and maybe you will get to race go karts, golf karts and pit bikes in the parking lot to see who is the best of you four! :clap:clap:clap

My two cents! :lol3

:D
  18. g®eg

Oddometer:
    ^ Bernie considers you two cents......

[​IMG]

nawwwwwwwwwwww

he doesn't

:rofl
  19. A. T. T-W

A. T. T-W Can't be bothered.

Oddometer:
    He (and you) may well be correct. I certainly think so when it comes to the long-term, knowledgeable followers of F1 compared to those who see it pretty much as a one-dimensional entertainment.

However, the truth is that had F1 played to the relatively low numbers of people who have a deeper understanding of all the facets of F1, it would have died a slow death by now.
  20. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If Jacq is so sure about Redbull and Vettel having a bad year, he should bet all his winnings from the last 10 years on it!?! :rofl