NY motorcyclists vs. SUV Merged Threadfest

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by shipwrek12001, Sep 30, 2013.

1. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5ukdkgLYYbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Who is in the right or wrong?:huh
  2. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Suppose the Range Rover shouldnt have ran over that dudes bike....imgaine buddy was a bit terrified...
  3. Vanishing Point

Vanishing Point Lengthy Member

Oddometer:
  4. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. farmerger

farmerger Snowed in Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Watch it to the end and you'll see that the RR driver knew that getting out of his SUV with all those bozos are around would not end well. What a bunch of twatwaffles those riders were. My vote, bikers wrong, driver right.
  6. Tropic-Of-Canada

Tropic-Of-Canada Guru of Shoe Goo

Oddometer:
    Well, I say that it all started when muscle shirt guy rode into the suv's lane beside him, then cut him off with 2 feet to spare.....Right of weight, and all. People feel pretty ballsy when they're in a big group....

Leaving the scene of an accident, then a brazen hit and run? Not cool.

I'll stick to my trails, thanks! Bears and Cougars are much less dangerous than people!
  7. HighScore

HighScore No More, all done.

Oddometer:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html

"Video has emerged showing the shocking moment a Range Rover driver apparently drove through a crowd of motorbikes as it fled with its family inside for fear of being attacked.

According to police, the bikers started to damage the vehicle after the driver accidentally hit a motorcyclist.

Fearing for the safety of his wife and young child, aged under five, the SUV driver then sped off, hitting several bikers in its path".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vehicle-annual-street-ride.html#ixzz2gOsRE4Wo
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If it's been previously posted, then I apologize but I thought it should be brought to the forefront non the less.

here's the video, notice how it's cut short once the real damage is about to begin.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Yc8IRf424mw" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  8. Brian Keith

Brian Keith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Twatwaffle? My favorite new term.

I would say everyone involved in that fiasco is equally wrong.
  9. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    Great example of a group ride gone wrong. From what I saw, the riders caused the situation by riding "in a pack". And that led to the motorist panicking when surrounded and challenged aggressively. The rest is self-explanatory - fear and adrenaline led to the motorist fleeing. And that obviously didn't work out too well.

Incidents like these give every motorcyclist a bad name...
  10. Vanishing Point

Vanishing Point Lengthy Member

Oddometer:
    I would have. That's scary right there.
  11. gravityisnotmyfriend

gravityisnotmyfriend °.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.

Oddometer:
    Anyone the specifics on this? the comments keep referring to news articles - I'd like to see what the reporters are saying.

It was all handled poorly - but mostly on the bikers end. Looked to me like the first guy to get run over had moved into the SUV's lane, taunted him, then pulled in front and brake checked him.

I imagine that the driver was busy watching all the morons around him. If a guy pulls over within feet of his front bumper and gets hit, I can't blame the SUV driver.

I was shocked to see him go bouncing over all those bikes, but if I had a bunch of guys pounding on my vehicle with my wife and kid in the car, I'd do the same - then call 911 and hope the cops got to me before the twatwaffles did.
  12. gravityisnotmyfriend

Oddometer:
  13. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    As if motorcyclists needed another reason for cagers to hate us.

Read about this crap this morning. What a bunch of assbags. I don't blame the Range Rover driver at all. Also, the video i saw earlier pretty well shows one guy on a bike brake checking the RR for some reason which is why he got hit. Anyone who is stupid enough to brake check anything on a motorcycle needs to have their ass whooped and their license shredded.

Mob mentality is dangerous thing. Mob mentality by a bunch of douchebags on bikes is even worse.
  14. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-attack-suv-after-driver-rams-riders/

Way to go.. brake check a larger vehicle, get hit by it (Physics you idiot), then get your ass ran over after all your idiot friends assault the vehicle with a family inside because of your stupid actions. The guy was just defending his family here and himself. Proceed to chase the guy even more, make yourself more of a threat of an accident, then beat the crap out of him. Great way to give bikers a good name in your town.

I urge anyone with info on this to go turn these pieces of trash into the police.

Quite frankly, as a rider and a CMV driver, Im absolutely DISGUSTED with this.
  15. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. Southest US Thumper

Southest US Thumper Extreme n00b

Oddometer:
    But to do this to a family seems rather excessive.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wNOyDMzn2bY" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  17. gravityisnotmyfriend

Oddometer:
  18. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Didn't see that one.

You'd figure if there were a crap ton of you and the guy was willing to talk and admit fault or wait on the police, no biggie. Give em some room to do what needs done there. Crowding and bashing his car wont end well. Didn't in this case. Luckily they didnt kill him in their stupidity.
  19. MotoTex

MotoTex Miles of Smiles

Oddometer:
    I'm appalled that nothing has been said about all the riders' gear selection!!!

:rofl
  20. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    If a bunch of bikers were screwing with me that way I'd have run over all of them.