Dinner with the Komets: 2/17

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Twilight Error, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Twilight Error

Twilight Error Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer:
    Komet's family has encountered a rough patch and could use a visit with family. As we are family in a very real sense for these folks, l'm organizing a staycation weekend for the Komets.

The plan so far:
    I'm riding down from Ct to Germantown on Wed, arriving late Thurs. night.

Friday day, the girls are in school, so not much we can do then.

Friday night, we're taking Caroline and the girls to dinner, place TBD. The meal, for them, will be paid for out of the paypal fund we've got started.

Saturday is ride day. The Komets have gear, so we don't have to collect for them, but we do need at least two other riders willing to carry a pillion. I'm thinking to head out into Arkansas, a local ride leader would be great, as I really don't know the area.

Sunday, I head home, arriving Monday.

Contact me via PM or at marycryan01@gmail.com for more details as they come available. I'm hoping to have this all set in stone by the end of today.

You can find the original help thread here, in Inmates.
  2. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you arrive Thursday evening, that's our usual ADVdinner night. I don't think a location has been picked yet. We can plan to eat in Germantown if you think you can make it.

I work both Friday and Saturday night, but I may be able to make the ride on Saturday. I'm pillion-capable but I can't commit, since I don't know what my schedule will be.

Saturday looks like it'll be a little brisk, in the mid-50s. I think the ride should be planned mid-day and for only a few hours. I do have a spare heated vest I can loan.

Not sure if you've been in this area before, there's really nothing in Arkansas in the immediate area. Miles of flat, straight roads through endless fields, and riding to AR from Germantown is about an hour ride across the city of Memphis. Just off the top of my head, I'd suggest riding over to Meeman-Shelby State Park. Neat riding through woods and a stop at the boat ramp on the Mississippi River.

Lunch at Shelby Forest General Store just outside the park.

I'll keep in touch about whether I can make it or not.

Jamie
  3. Twilight Error

Oddometer:
    Great. Thanks.

Regarding the weather, I've been riding in the 30s up here, so mid 50s is going to feel grand! I'm bringing my heated vest also, so if someone needs it, its available.
  4. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    i can probably make thrus, i'd love to offer someone a ride sat but i'm flying home fri. let me know when ya plan to do this again

ps. jamie's is good suggestion
  5. Jamie Z

Oddometer:
    I should be able to show up Saturday for the ride, but I'm not positive. I'm scheduled to work tonight from 7pm until 3am Saturday morning, and I work again Saturday evening at 7pm.

Jamie
  6. leeinmemphis

leeinmemphis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a little late to the party and do not know the history but I may can make a dinner Sat night?????
  7. Twilight Error

Oddometer:
    A couple folks are coming over in the afternoon, you're welcome to join us. PM me for the address.
  8. Jamie Z

Oddometer:
    We're at Corkys in Collierville if anyone is late to the show, like me.

Jamie