1. Budman

Budman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don Tilley, oner of the Tilley HD dealerships died Friday as the result of a single vehicle motorcycle accident on the Blue Ridge Parkway about mile marker 394 near Asheville.

Don was an icon in the HD world and a genuinely nice guy who treated his employees and customers well. He will be missed.
  2. Spinnit man

Spinnit man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    God Bless the family and friends ! !
  3. wide open

wide open in second gear

Oddometer:
    Below is a repeat of a comment I just posted on the Cycle World magazine notice of the Tilley accident. I'd sure like to hear anything anyone knows about this accident, not least because I ride the BRP as often as possible.

Like any rider who hears of this tragedy, I grieve for Mr. Tilley and wish the very best for Mrs. Tilley in her recovery.
    If I were killed in an accident on my bike, I'd want my fellow riders to have any available information about what happened so that they might use it to decrease the likelihood of suffering the same fate. Though on the BRP it's entirely possible that there were no witnesses and no obvious cause for the accident, it's also possible that some information is available. I've ridden the BRP numerous times. Deer, road surface contaminants, bad behavior by other vehicles, tire or mechanical failure of some sort, and so forth could all have contributed. Last year, I encountered the most terrifying and dangerous weather I've ever experienced on the BRP - and with virtually no warning. Does Cycle World or anyone have any useful information about Mr. Tilley's crash?