Lets see your XT660R

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by EnduroAlexis, Dec 10, 2006.

1. EnduroAlexis

EnduroAlexis www.enduroalexis.com

Oddometer:
    Willybanjo likes this.
  2. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Damn, I wish those were available over here.....
  3. Laromonster

Laromonster Lean, mean pacifist machine

Oddometer:
    A rental bike in Greece
    [​IMG]
    Sweet ride, but a little cumbersome on single track and sometimes wonky fuel injection (on off syndrome)
    [​IMG]

Very good on tarmac even two up
    [​IMG]
  4. EnduroAlexis

Oddometer:
    .......for those pictures.

Had a feeling that XT660R were not available in the USA, am sorry to read that.

Anyway, I have changed the thread a little, making it more inviting to other XT owners, so show us you pictures.

In the meantime, please enjoy the following link:

http://www.bikehigh.com

Alexis.
  5. Lourens.dL

Lourens.dL n00b

Oddometer:
    Here is my XT660R, a 2006 model. Its got 8700km on the clock now. Also my first bike.

Attached Files:

6. hunday

hunday n00b

Oddometer:
    Here is my XT660R.This is how they should always look after a good ride.I live in Cape Town South Africa.It is my 2nd off road.First had XR500R long ago.Got this one new last year April.Have 14 000 km on it.:rofl

Attached Files:

7. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    You lucky bums! I was lusting for one of these over here in US. Possibly fitted with panniers from Metal Mule as I saw recently in BIKE magazine.
    Seems like a good platform for close to "ideal" adventure bike. Enjoy mates!
  8. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just bought myself a brand new XT660R, and love it! Great all round bike compared to what I have had before. Rode it home on a wet, miserable, foggy winter night on motorway the whole way - about as bad as it gets in my opinion. The bike was great. Comfortable, not much vibe, and the light was actually better than any of my previous 'road' bikes. The next day I took it down some gentle dirt roads to get a feel for it, and again very pleased. For quite a heavy bike, it was actually a lot easier than I expected in the soft. The low down power is very good, and it has a very good natural riding position. I have a few bits to order before I do anything more serious, such as a engine guard and some new bars, but I have to say I am really pleased with this as a good adventure/dual sport bike. Hopefully the weather will allow a better ride on the weekend and I will post some pics.
    Maybe time to kick-start this thread again, and see some more XT pics of all types.
  9. EnduroAlexis

Oddometer:
  10. marktbike

marktbike Epicurean

Oddometer:
    I bought mine in June, a black '07 model. Now it has something more than 6,000 km on the clock and it's just like I expected it to be: a bit heavy, but well balanced, with great low end torque and not much life in the high rpm area. The engine gets a bit jerky in Euro3 rpm-range, but you can easily get used to it and I think it's something you can get past with aftermarket exhausts and a decent PC III. :wink:
    Very little off-road till now, just some basic dirt on which the bike is quite good. On tarmac it's perfect, great fun on winding and slippery Sicilian roads, acceptable on motorways if you cruise at 115-120 kph. I mounted an engine guard and will soon mount a small windscreen (a GiVi, smaller than the original Yamaha I don't really like) and handguards.
    Waiting for the Ténéré and, sorry, no pics for now...
  11. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Marktbike,
    glad to hear you are also still enjoying your XT. They really are great bikes. Which engine guard did you go for, and how have you found it works. Do you get much extra noise or vibration?
  12. marktbike

marktbike Epicurean

Oddometer:
    I got the original one, provided by Yamaha (they gave it to me as a gift when I bought the bike). I have it on since less than one month: I didn't remark any change in vibes or noises, except that it seems mounted too tightly close to the exhaust pipes, so if I kick it (gently :evil )I get a metallic sound from the contact of the pipes with the engine guard. I must check the correct mount of the guard, but it seems to work well.
  13. Alex_RO

Alex_RO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Blue one, 2005 :) . Love it but i need to get her some decent footrests.. and a more sturdy bashplate than the stock Yamaha one. Going for TKC80's as soon as the Tourances wear out a bit more. Like any bike... i do consider it an endless money pit when it comes to farkling it up :)).
  14. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Mine.
    The background are the Andes mountains in Chile

P7010179.JPG
  15. TomADV

TomADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well here it is my new pride and joy. 2007 in blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. Dazzer

Dazzer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    my XTR Being made ready for my trip next spring.

[​IMG]
  17. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Dazer-Are those fuel cannisters on the back there? Where can one
    get those?
  18. Dazzer

Dazzer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Ramjet
    Yes they are.if your better with a pc than I'm you will find the post on this site.I asked a few week's ago how other's carried extra fuel on their bike's
    One chap { sorry forget your name ,but Thanks } put a link on to this web site and I bought these.They arrived on a week and are very well made,and there is no chance of them falling off the back of the bike when off roading.

Dazzer

sorry found link here
    http://www.4atvtires.com/atvTires/showProduct.php?id=6537&cat_id=30
  19. NikiDc

NikiDc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, got my xtr in March! Got about 12000k on it. Really nice bike. Have done a lot of offroading and highway use with speeds up to 178 and it runs greet. 150 for several houres are no problems. Offroad (soft) does he take verry well. I'm thinking about getting an other seat (++++comfy) or an Airhawk to put on it.

Here are some pics a trip this Summer.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281094&highlight=dolce

Does anyone have made a long (+1000k) trip with it during the winter months (rain, snow....)? Beceause I'm thinking of going to say hi to the Med and back from Belgium on French local roads this christmas holidays?

Niki
  20. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Hate to tell you, but that XT seems a 06 model to me.
    If doesn't have a O2 sensor it's a 2006.