CADS (Classic, Adventure, Dual Sport)

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by waybill, May 2, 2013.

1. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Say hello to the NEW CADS thread. The old one has served us well over the years, but it's time for a change. We've had a few other changes over the past six months too, Todd (D6066) is our organizer (we need one :D) and communications czar that handles everything internet and email. Rich is event co-ordinator, promoter and all-around front man, Wolfgang handles sponsorships, negotiations, the CADS mascot Carson, doubles as resident side-hack and KLR expert, and is our New Mexico rep., a busy man. Dave is our GPS guru and big fast KTM expert (we have small KTM experts too). Mike is routing and roll chart man extraordinaire, and there's Sam, our mechanic, if it's broke (and it is) he can fix it. :rofl And me, all I did was try to get a dualsport club started about five or so years ago where a few like-minded misfits could get together, BS and ride every once in a while, needless to say, we've been having a lot of fun.

Ok seriously, there is also a much revised (trimmed down) email list for those that have been active over the past year or so and any new folks that have shown up in recent months (it's not difficult to get on this list, just come to a meeting or a ride or PM Todd (D066) and let him know you'd like to get on it). Out-of-towners are welcome too if they just want to keep abreast of activities (but be warned we pretty much make this shit up as we go). Oh, and initiation requirements aren't a big problem, we have a short nine mile atv loop in Ocala National Forest that must be completed in 20 minutes or less any day of your choosing during July or August : )

So, from now on anything CADS goes here, it's the new "official" thread. :deal

Here's Sam doin a little routine maintenance. :D

[​IMG]
    bigblueboy, Elad and KTee like this.
  2. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    I am relatively new to the group, I try to keep my mouth shut and soak up the combined knowledge of the CADS members have. When I am working I am out of town, but when I am home I am usually free. If you are looking for a ride in the middle of the week, I can usually go. I have amateur wrenching skills and even worse GPS knowledge :D.

RR
    BlueLighning puts on a great ride and I have a lot of fun. There was 25 starting out on Saturday and it was tough to keep everyone together. There were a few injuries and crashes(including my own) but a good day. We started in Senoia, GA. This is where the walking dead is filmed. I had dinner with a friend Friday night and got to walk around the town a bit. We stay in Cuthbert, GA Saturday night. Day two we were down to 11 riders. I stuck around until about 1 when the clouds we looking ominous. The riding was diverse from fire roads, to sandy two track. I am enjoying the new bike it shreds up the sand. The rutted up fire roads are going to take some practice :muutt.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><o:p>Pics as promised</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
  3. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    In!

New CADS thread charter contributor. :evil

Been on a couple of rides with you fellas... good times. :ricky
  4. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    Are you guys still gonna meet at grocery stores? :hide

Met a few of you Cads at Osceola a way back, and very much enjoyed the report of the cross-FL rally thing this year.

Keep it going :thumb
  5. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks Mug and Dr., look forward to riding with you guys in the future.

Good stuff Bobby, love those old rickety bridges in Georgia, had to be fun, Blue Lightning knows his roads!
  6. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
  7. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    That's a little far, can't that much time this month but looks like a great event, well organized too. we could probably learn a few things from those guys. Appears to be some nice forest roads close by, may stop in there on the way to Colo. next time and check 'em out. Show us some pics when you get back, never ridden in Ark.

And if you decide to do any of those tracks I sent let us know, some of us would probably be up for riding along at least part of it.
  8. D6066

D6066 Lost in the Woods

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Day13

Day13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool pics. That new waterhead sure is sweet! Who went with Wolfie besides Dave R? Taking road bikes is a big plus. I wish I could have done that when I went last year. There is some awesome pavement out there.
  10. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Remember Ahbi, rode a bandit. Tall dark & flashes a fearless smile.
    He was very fearless in Monticello....wait till you see how Ahbi washes Daves DR350......oh YES I took that vid. It is all caught in living color.
    Never have I seen a noob excel so fast as this Ahbi. Four days & hundreds of miles of NM dirt, gravel, desert sand rds, many slippery rock water crossings.
    Rattle snakes can not wiggle like Ahbi, & he did not fall doing the ''Eye of the Warrior Dance''. This too was caught on vid.

Steep up hills...... at least once in the wrong gear, but made it.

Now where is that VID.......
  11. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    I've never ridden in AR either. The trials look pretty cool from the pics I've seen. A buddy of mine from the forum (Scribe) moved to Fayetteville last summer. Hopefully he'll have an inside track on the choice trails.

Those tracks look good. :thumb

It would be nice to incorporate some of those tracks with some of the tracks I did last weekend. :wink:
  12. D6066

D6066 Lost in the Woods

Oddometer:
  13. Philip Kuntz

Philip Kuntz Fleasy Rider

Oddometer:
    This Video is Private
  14. D6066

D6066 Lost in the Woods

Oddometer:
  15. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    I don't have much going east and west, maybe could figure out something with Blue Lightning.
  16. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    IN on the second page :lol3

edit
  17. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

I'll see what I can come up with. :evil
  18. waybill

waybill wayward

Oddometer:
    Looks like the two closest points are Jewell and Senoia (though I'm not familiar with his route), GA 16 runs straight across between them (118 mi) and I've ridden it east of 75, it's fairly scenic. Which usually indicates there's some good dirt thru there too, it goes thru a national forest and a state park. Anything further north and you'd be in the burbs unless you went way north, we've got a connector between Mtn. City and Hiawassee, and I believe there's a route or two up the west side of Atl.

See what you think and lemme know. Btw, got a couple new east/west corridors thru The Forest I think you'll like, not sure anyone else will. :rofl
  19. lordabhi

lordabhi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Wolfgang and Dave for giving me training me with the "Baptism through fire" approach. It was quite interesting to be in a situation where I better learn or get washed out - no if and buts about that. And learn I did. What I learnt after my first wash out was - pin that sucker in first and look at the horizon and hang on. I loved it.
  20. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You will be seeing many new horizons.

Fixation is not your friend.

Well done.....grasshopper