Nfl 2012...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Hodag, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea, I'm afraid Urlacher is done. He had a helluva run, but it's time to hang it up. I hope he gets a few playoff games but I don't see another contract.

I wonder though, with his experiance and leadership he would make a helluva defensive coach, eh?
  2. WaterWheel

WaterWheel Multi Talentless

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Urlacher was a machine in his prime. I always liked watching him and Ray Lewis.

Kevin Greene is GB's OLB coach and I think he's been a great addition to that staff.
  3. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure a lot of people know that in college he also played the TE position and did a damned good job of it. You know, when you think about it his body's had a lot of wear imposed on it by playing both sides of the ball and then playing at such a high level for so many years.
  4. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    Andrew Luck is impressive. It isn't pretty but he wins.

The refs in that game were horrible, on both teams. Just horrendous. They missed several holding calls on the Colts when defenders were hanging on receivers. They let the Titans get in a few cheap shots on Luck. It was bad.
  5. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    He is a leader and flatout a animal out there, like Ray Lewis is, but they are both old and at the end. Chicago might throw him a 1-2 year deal but probaly nowhere the amount he wants, i hear the eagles like to throw money away so thats a option.
  6. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    The 9ers offense doesn't look right under Colin. :nah

I hope they can fix it before the playoffs.
  7. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:

I would have to agree, it seems they are average at best. This supposed spark is not very illuminating. Even Gore's production is lost lately. Harbaugh may have screwed the pooch on this one, at least for this year.
  8. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    49'ers suspend Brandon Jacobs.

things haven't worked out very well for Jacobs in San Fran.

too bad you could always count on him to get a tough yard.

usually when you needed 2.

what a fucking chode.
  9. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow as bad as you think your team is could be the cardnals, thats got to be the worst beatdown in nfl history, time to clean house.
  10. AC Swank

AC Swank Banned

Oddometer:
    Not even close.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ac-7058894

It must suck big time to be a Redskin fan.
  11. shrineclown

Oddometer:

He had two good years. The year he was thunder was pretty good. I will concur with you though, it has not been what it should have been. Not as bad a failure as the big lad from WI who preceded him though.
  12. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dayne? i wonder if hes still playing, one of those college running back studs thats unstoppable then comes to the nfl and gets a fast wake up call.
  13. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    The great Ron Dayne. We had such hopes for him. I think he got dumped on the 49ers too IIRC. Shame....when he got to the NFL his feet stopped moving when a shadow merged with his. I thought he was going to be the next Csonka.
  14. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    How about those Patriots you bitches? You can start the weeping now....they are on a run again.
  15. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    He's got a ring though and that is what it's all about. Look at Strahan. He's on easy street for life. Look at Phil Sims. Same thing. Danny White went to all those NFC championship games and was the punter to boot (no pun intended) and he's a distant memory. Sim's is a football immortal.

WFAN had Tiki Barber on last August (2011) and based on that interview it's only a matter of time before he jumps off the George Washington Bridge the guy is dillusional and you KNOW not having that ring will eat him alive. Tiki claimed to be ready to come back last year but "it wasn't for the money" and he was being very selective about which team he would grace with his presence. I guess he's still trying to decide on a team because he hasn't signed with anyone yet. Jacobs might even have 2 rings? I still think he was the softest big back I've ever seen. Rodney Hampton used to run up the middle and leave a trail of debris behind him and they'd stop him after 8-10 yards but good luck until you slowed him down. Jacobs never ran like that. No wonder the 49'ers weren't playing him and they were stupid to sign him but given the idiot they have for a coach it's no surprise.
  16. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Tiki did blow it big. A one man mutiny. Guess the old man proved who knew what he was doing......

I am surprised he has not jumped already. Strahan even got that stellar broadcasting career he was supposed to have. Too bad, and his brother keeps on stacking numbers to his HoF career.
  17. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I'll give him one thing. Both the wife he left and the young girl he left the wife for are SMOKING hot.
  18. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats what i mostly have no respect for him but also his i deserve the big contract but don't play me to much i'll get hurt, probaly shouldn't have been a running back i guess.
  19. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Tiki had it and he blew it. Gone. Has been. Footnote. He was quitting football to begin the next chapter in my life (TV) and made it sound pre ordained. Like it was a calling from god.

Eli might win 3 rings before it's all done. Tiki's got none. He got booed at Giants stadium his last time there he can't even go back to his own team for nostalgia.

He made his bed he can lay in it. That blonde will be gone as soon as the money runs out and it will.
  20. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Better hope the Giants don't recover from their late season swoon or it'll be a repeat of last year.