dirtbagz flat top duffel

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by skierd, Feb 18, 2011.

1. skierd

skierd Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer:
    I always hear about the panniers on here, but i am interested in their duffel. anyone using one? Like it? Hate it? Pics?
  2. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i don't think it's waterproof.
    dirtbagz bags are made by wolfman.
    just get a wolfman dry duffel instead.
  3. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    I've been using one for a long time. It's not mouse proof, but it's been pretty tough. I usually have trouble with zippers on things, but the Dirtbagz stuff has held up really good...picture a 200 pound ape jumping up and down on the duffel as I pull on the zipper as hard as I can to cram everything in it.

The pockets at either end or really handy for carrying snacks and stuff you need during the day. The pocket on the back is great for my first aid kit.

I don't really care about waterproofing, I improvise when needed.
  4. skierd

skierd Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer:
    A larryboy endorsement is good enough for me. I need something bigger than the kriega US20 I have now, but don't want anything a foot tall on my back rack else I would have gotten the wolfman duffels already. I'm actually thinking of getting the dirtbagz panniers again which is the only reason i even saw the duffel, never knew about it before.
  5. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    The duffle has some sort of way to clip it into the saddle bags that I've never used. I run my saddle bags further forward than most people and the duff back as far as possible. Just noticed that you're calling it a flat top, looks like they changed the name or something as it looks the same as the one I've had for years, kind of looks like they dropped the pockets at either end and they should have kept those. Looks close enough to what I have and I'd say it's just as good. :thumb
  6. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: