Philly Tag O Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Lamented, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Lamented

Lamented Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philly Tag Map Here by MRA32 (thanks!) :https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...I.kzF3-q-QfNv8

Anybody interested in starting a Philly Version? Say Philly, Montco, Bucks, Del, Chester counties? Or just Philly?

South Jersey has one, Long Island has one, Nyc has one, Adirondacks has one, North west CT has one Hudson Valley has one.

Philly needs one.

Philadelphia Tag o Rama.

Boundaries are Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, and Delaware Counties.

Mostly the same rules as.............

(Shamelessly ripped from HamSandwich's Big Apple ToR rules.)
    IRules are easy... and most likely wont be followed anyway.
    1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location preferably more than a mile from the previous post, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Or you can have them follow you there. Make the clues clear and easiiy understood.
    ◦ Try to place the tags in interesting locations, not 15 feet down the Coney Island boardwalk when the original was Nathens, maybe a bit of history and that can be found down some nice twisties.
    2. Tag must be: a) findable, b) Accessible for more than a few hours during the day (i.e. a road is only open 2 hours a day = No Good. Location is only open on weekends = No Good. The road is only open from 8am to 6pm = OK but let people know that when posting the tag.) Try to avoid the lasti situation as this is the "City that doesnt sleep" and game has/will be active in the wee hours.
    ◦ Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
    3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag, Time stamped photos dont mean anything. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
    4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
    5. Tags from other states are fair game as long as you re-tag within the same state, post on that states thread. and cross post here to motivate the masses. (Be civil ppl)
    6. No whining Ya right. There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
    7. If the photo is un-questionably (probably not a real word but you know what I mean) duplicated the new tag may be posted immediately. If it is questionable (i.e. the gate was locked so the picture is a bike in front of a locked gate)The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag) If the holder does not reply within 12 hours its up to the active (guys that have tags) game players. If two members or more agree the tag is good than it is. This game moves fast. Lets keep it that way.
    8. The person who is responsible for posting the next tag has 24 hours in the warm weather months and 48 hours in the colder months to do so with the exception of foul weather (heavy rain, snow).
    9. Should the tag holder fail to post the new tag within the requsite time someone will need to get the previous tag and post a new one within the given time.
    10. If there were two people that got the tag and the person who got it first fails to post within the requisite time the person who posted second may post a new tag.
    Remember, you gotta be quick. Don't make the clues difficult, because it will come back and bite you in the arse. Also, bring your "A" game cause someone will have a tag and post another while you're thinking about eating breakfast.

Amendment 1: When grabbing or dropping a tag or a Bruce please put the proper title on your post in the title heading. Example " new tag" "grab" "Bruce"

So HERE we go. Figured for the first one we should start with a shot of our fair city.

[​IMG]
  2. thetoecutter

thetoecutter Cutter of Toes

Oddometer:
    if this is where I believe it to be, there used to be mountain bike races that would start/finish there every Thursday night during the summer.

Also mentioned in a great summer anthem from Philly's own Fresh Prince!!

Will have to keep and eye on this game for when I might have some time away from my shop to ride/snag a tag.
  3. TaRule

TaRule Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had wondered if anyone would ever start up a Philly TOR game. Actually thought about starting one myself after seeing the Big Apple one doing so well. Good job getting this started Lamented.

So here is the first grab. Top of the Belmont Plateau.

[​IMG]
  4. Lamented

Oddometer:
    Nice Ride TaRule, CB350 was my first street ride. Love those old CB's. Can't wait for your new drop.
  5. TaRule

TaRule Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And the new tag is here:

[​IMG]

Clue is in the photo but in addition, Wiki says this place features a 154-space parking lot. Who knew?

Lamented, thanks for the ride compliments. The CB500 in these pics is my first bike but I have added to the stable over the years. I try to get out and tag with all my bikes.
  6. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    right down the street from my house :eek1
    this is on my regular riding route and not far off Ridge Ave

Teeth to the wind,
    Sno Dawg

looks like it is time to get batteries for the camera!!:evil

7. enormiss

enormiss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Philly game... Cool
    Is the road there still gated on the border?
  8. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes, but you can ride around in on a motorcycle to continue down River Road
    not that I ever did it because I am sure it is illegal :evil

are you Philly riders ever meeting for a ride?
    i ride around the area just about every day - snow or shine

teeth to the wind,
    sno dawg
    07 BMW XChallenge
    03 KTM 640 Adventure

9. Lamented

Oddometer:

Thought you woulda had this by now!
  10. Lamented

Oddometer:
    Boom.

Miquan station just like the sign says on river road.

[​IMG]

And the new Tag with clues: Head up river past the ballet. You will find this tag in the shadow of a cerulean path:wink: . If you had made it to the tag ten years ago you could have had your choice of over 100 beers and amazing music.

[​IMG]
  11. olenuf2nobetter

olenuf2nobetter Doin' it anyway

Oddometer:
    I think I know that place -- I worked nearby about twelve or so years ago ...

"Cerulean path", very clever. But I don't get the ballet reference.
  12. Lamented

Oddometer:
    Never heard of the Conshohocken Ballet?
  13. olenuf2nobetter

olenuf2nobetter Doin' it anyway

Oddometer:
    Not until now. Just googled it, and I've been there too!
  14. enormiss

enormiss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl Ditto!

Webster'd that other word and thought I figured it, but an aerial view says I don't.
  15. Lamented

Oddometer:

The tag is up river from the ballet and across the river first chance you get.

its on a road with a bunch of old mills on it

if you hit the inquirer you went to far up river

the road its on is a FIVE syllable word
  16. Chromejr

Chromejr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ive been on this road many times and never caught a glimpse of this place... I intend to take a cruise down it before work tomorrow, see if I can't find it :)
  17. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer:
    Much better than the Kensington Ballet.
    All their shows are at 3:30 AM and feature a lot of staggering and falling down in a stupor.
  18. Chromejr

Chromejr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got it!

[​IMG]

Balligomingo Inn on Balligomingo Road :) ive honestly passed it a million times and never noticed it!

I'll try to post my tag after work
  19. Lamented

Oddometer:
    nice grab!
  20. comes naturally

comes naturally renewed hope

Oddometer:
    :lurk