Pioneer Fall Ride (Harrodsburg KY)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by markdvk, Aug 4, 2013.

1. voodoo child

voodoo child Instigator Emeritus

Oddometer:
    You might want to call them........Voodoo_wife mentioned just the other day that EM's Steakhouse is closed/bankrupt.
  2. mbabc

mbabc Journeyman Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Yeah, looked closed as I went by. Mark can you confirm?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free
  3. Sourjon

Sourjon TAT'erd

Oddometer:
    Article in the CJ on Tuesday that a Lexington bank was suing him and the ex for 12 million over the failed restaurant. Seems she got it in the divorce and immediately closed it.

John
  4. markdvk

markdvk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, Eddie Montgomery's has been closed for several months now. For places to eat, Harrodsburg has the normal fast food, 2 pretty good Mexican places (La Fonda's is my favorite) and a Chinese place. There's also Beaumont Inn. Dinner there will probably cost about $20 per person and up.

Danville is about 10 minutes South. They have a new Cheddars, an O'Charley's, Applebees, Reno's steak house, and the normal fast food.

Shaker Village (known as Shakertown or Pleasant hill <cite>www.shakervillageky.org</cite>) has a restaurant that's different and a little expensive but not bad. Springfield has Mordecai's which is supposed to be really good but a little expensive. Actually both are probably priced similar to Eddie Montgomery's. For a lower key atmosphere, Burgin has the Village Inn. Its easy to find at the only stop light in town on the intersection of 152 and 33. They are known for catfish and "The Kickstand" accessory shop is right across the street.
  5. markdvk

markdvk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's what I received from my friend Kent Anness who works in Geographical Information Services for the state:
    [​IMG]
    "Those are probably response area signs for the areas around the Chemical Weapons Storage facility in Richmond."
  6. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark nice pics man! I know the signs you speak of well as we crossed all kinds of them last weekend all around the Blue Grass Army Depot. I was freakin' out when I saw them and only had crazy, tin foil hat thoughts running through my head :norton
    They have created a perimeter around the depot as they store all kinds of chemical weapons there and this "grid" they have created is supposed to be in case there is a problem or spill. You can read about it here:

http://csepp.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/C9F38210-54C2-4B02-A632-269DB6C06269/0/ListofZones2.pdf

or here if you want all the info...

http://emc.ornl.gov/products/csepp-planning-guidance/PlanGuid.pdf

Now me, as I am the paranoid, anti government type was taking pictures of these brand new signs and taking note as to their locations...all I kept thinking was FEMA camps! :eek1
  7. LexLeroy

LexLeroy Socially Distant

Oddometer:
    A buddy and I rode this one a few weeks ago. It's shaded and not well traveled so it's got some slick mossy spots. :eek1 Keep your eyes open on this particular stretch. Oh, and on-coming traffic can make it... interesting.
  8. KTMmer950

KTMmer950 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys for the info on the restaurant that was a nice place sorry to hear it is gone. We are staying in Danville so we will find something there and not have to drive as far.
  9. RoadDad

RoadDad n13ub Supporter

Oddometer:

I've got no problem with a roll-a-way or the floor or I would be happy to split a room with anyone. Let me know where you are going to stay and what time you'll be there.
  10. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For nourishment in Danville head to the Beer Engine. They don't have much in the way of food, just snacks, but really good beer. And there is a pizza place across the parking lot.
  11. DDACT

DDACT No...WAIT!

Oddometer:
    2 more coming from Lexington tomorrow. Might caravan down with Catbus.
  12. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    I'm coming from Palmyra, IN area. Need another riding buddy for the trip down??
  13. Crossedxsparrow

Crossedxsparrow n00b

Oddometer:
    We were gonna meet at my place over here at about 8. Wanna meet him at Dairy Queen at highlander point a little earlier than that?
  14. CatBus

CatBus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have penciled in the ride, and I think Karl is coming down from Louisville. I am hoping to catch DDACT in Lex tomorrow morning.

I have met some great people riding motorcycles. It's hard to believe it was almost ten years ago I started riding the area with some of you! I can still remember my first "group" ride with Jeff Stoess, organized through this site iirc (and subsequent flat tire that resulted in meeting Jim Clark).
  15. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor, TOI T1 finisher

Oddometer:
    LOL, good times!
  16. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Sounds good! Maybe 7:30AM??
  17. Crossedxsparrow

Crossedxsparrow n00b

Oddometer:
    He said 7:40 is prolly the earliest, so meet him there then, doesn't take too long to get over here on a Saturday. He'll be on a green BMW F800 GS. His name is Paul
  18. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    I'll be there! Either on a WR250 or KLR 650...haven't decided yet.
  19. fattires

fattires Wandering aimlessly...

Oddometer:
    I got scheduled to work at the last moment... hopefully I can ride the route soon.
  20. Goofy1

Goofy1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been quite some time since I've seen such a bunch of hooligans in one place! Great crowd today for the ride. Thanks Mark for all the hard work!

[​IMG]

Everything from a PD to a TW!!

[​IMG]