KTM 690 Enduro owners show off your bike !

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by ADVTuga, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Xmoto

Xmoto Death Race

Oddometer:
    I run a Dunlop 606 on the front and a Motoz Tractionator Desert on the rear.
  2. officerleroy

officerleroy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What tailbag is that on there? You like it?
  3. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Previous Rider

Oddometer:
    some of the 690 haters would blame the bike for that but its good to see someone take ownership for a good old fashioned fopar....we all done em at some point :D
  5. WRW9751

WRW9751 7th Day Adventurist

Oddometer:
    Not to stir the pot! But what's to Hate? I have a 690 Duke and wouldn't mind owning a 690 enduro r!
  6. LethPhaos

LethPhaos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've heard about that trick but never managed to get it to work, how do you get a seal between your compressed air hose and the grip? Got a pic, maybe?
  7. wsmc831

wsmc831 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Careful, you may never ride the Duke again. I haven't.....
  8. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Use a nozzle like this or ball inflator and go right at it.
    [​IMG]
  9. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    :tb:tb
  11. KTBen

KTBen Barrrp!

Oddometer:
    A few photos from a recent trip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Lucifer666

Oddometer:
    I have the TKC80 now and I'm looking for a new set. I don't have experience with other enduro tires, but I think this is a good combo:
    - pirelli MT21, front
    - heidenau K74, rear

Enjoy!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0M9UL6eM3z8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  13. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice riding with you while enjoying my morning coffee, Lucifer666. Beautiful countryside. I would love to check it out sometime. And some of the Trappist breweries. Someone should organize a EuroBelgian 690 tour.
  14. Lucifer666

Oddometer:
    Thx, glad you enjoyed it :thumb.
  15. Head2Wind

Head2Wind MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer:
    On a recent trip I found out how much and easily the rear brake pedal bends. I probably bent it back twice, once after falling on the right side and another after a graze from a rock at high speed....

I didn't feel comfortable bending it all the way back while on the trails so I left it alone, I also don't trust to not break so I went on a hunt to find a replacement.

I found a billet lever, with double sealed ball bearing pivot!

I also found some other cool stuff by the same company; a cable guide that bolts to the top/back of a Scotts damper and cool orange anodized fork rebound adjusters! I didn't need the adjusters, but wanted a little more orange on the black beast.

<table style="width:auto;"><tbody><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From 2012-12-22</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table style="width:auto;"><tbody><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From 2012-12-22</td></tr></tbody></table>

16. Head2Wind

Head2Wind MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer:
    alternatively you can get them from me as well, here:

ADVmachines
  17. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Previous Rider

Oddometer:
    MT21 front is a great tire and cheap over here in NZ

I like the Michelin T63 for a rear mainly cause they are cheap but they do wear quickly. I'm currently using Heidi K60 rear for the summer which I got 7000klm fom my last one (I'm not easy on rear tires :D). I have an E07 sorted to try next.

I will never buy another TKC...too expensive in NZ now plus they wear way too fast.
  18. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link 2wind. The site I found didn't seem to be a store so I nuked it. I like their stuff, though and want a couple parts. I'll check the store you linked.
  19. The First Heretic

The First Heretic .

Oddometer:
    Let us know how well the heidenau K74, rear perform and how long they last. :freaky
  20. Lucifer666

Oddometer:
    I will, but that's something for next year :nod.