Union Garage NYC: New Motorcycle Gear Outfitter in Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lesser, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Lesser

Lesser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ###

-- New Motorcycle Gear Outfitter in Brooklyn --

Union Garage is now open for business, providing quality motorcycle gear to NYC-metro area riders and (pending our winter website launch) anyone with an internet connection. We've just opened up in association with Moto Borgotaro, New York's premier vintage European repair and restoration shop.

Union Garage specializes in top-notch gear for riding around town or riding around the world. We've only had the showroom doors open for 6 weeks now but the shelves are flush with motorcycle boots, jackets, helmets, gloves and key accessories like rain gear and cold-weather neck gaiters and balaclavas. We also have Halycon goggles made in the UK and premium deerskin riding gloves from Lee Parks Design.

We've cherry-picked select items from our main supplier REV'IT! ranging from Gore-Tex textile two-piece suits like the Defender package to armor-equipped leather jackets like the Hawk and Rebel. We also have classic leather jackets from Schott and premium horsehide jackets from Lost Worlds made right here in New York City. You won't find another shop with full size run of these heirloom-quality jackets just waiting to be tried on. We also have a dozen different gloves in stock, as well as boots from TCX, SIDI and REV'IT!

We are located two doors down from Moto Borgotaro on Union Street in Brooklyn, just north of Redhook and East of Carroll Gardens. We're conveniently located off the Carroll Street stop on the F train, and just off the Brooklyn Bridge and BQE.

Our full-fledged online store is still under construction but until it launches this winter we're keeping up with Facebook and via our Blog (links below). The brick-and-mortar shop is up and running and fully functional right down to the espresso machine which runs gratis all day every day except Mondays.

We are open Tuesday - Friday, 10-7, Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 8-3. Every Sunday we have hot coffee and doughnuts for any rider who walks in the door through the fall. Come on down!

Chris Lesser
    Union Garage
    103 Union Street
    Brooklyn NY 11231
    (718) 594-7093
    www.UnionGarageNYC.com

www.UnionGarageNYC.com/blog
    www.Facebook.com/UnionGarageNYC
    www.Twitter.com/UnionGarageNYC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    Nice! Retailers in NYC generally suck, and there's nothing in this part of Brooklyn. I hope you do well.
  3. z0ne

z0ne ~santoku samuri~

Oddometer:
    Very cool! I might be stopping in tomorrow to poke around.
  4. tundra61

tundra61 I wish I had a title

Oddometer:
    Nice - wishing you great success
  5. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool name. Looking forward to your online store.
  6. Lesser

Lesser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the good feedback!

Yes, we're looking forward to the online store and full website too. Once we get the shopping cart function working I'll make sure we have an ADV rider promo code for a special rate. Until then mention ADV if you make it into the store and we'll make sure you get the professional inmate rate.
  7. Lasermaster

Lasermaster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice shop, Chris. Judging from the amount of people in the shop today, I'm sure you're going to do well...
  8. devans101

devans101 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good luck man! I'll definitely stop in the next time I head that way.
  9. Lesser

Lesser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jeffery -- If only it were always that busy!

I'll have to check out the EAR one of these Tuesdays coming up. Swing back by any time and as I mentioned we're happy to extend a 10% discount to any inmate who asks for it.

Website coming soon, and it looks like we're putting on an event for Dec 9 here on the first block of Union Street. I'll post back here with details once confirmed.
  10. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  11. JackpotDuc

JackpotDuc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stopped by the shop yesterday and met Chris.
    Great guy with a great shop.
    He turned me on to some nice stuff and nice deals on Rev it products.
    Good to know that there is a local dealer of this quality gear.
    Good luck Chris!
  12. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    There's a typo on your website...

"In Association with
    Moto Borogotaro"

Just thought you'd like to know.
  13. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Stopped by after the Rev'it sale this weekend.

Very friendly and a pretty nice place. Showed my GF some things that look like next spring is going to be expensive :lol3
  14. Lesser

Lesser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks @Jackpot Duc and @GHO100 and everyone who stopped by since we opened the doors at the end of September! The shop got off to a great start this fall, the website should be up by early 2013 and we're really looking forward to next spring. Stay tuned for a season kickoff event. Will post details here.

Here's our latest newsletter, featuring a few Xmas gift ideas plus the unveiling of our newest armored motorcycle jacket for dapper urban commuters (see info graphic below):

Holiday Update From Union Garage - http://eepurl.com/tiLAv

[​IMG]

Most people can't pronounce Moto Borgotaro, let alone spell it. Good catch - fixed!

We will reopen after the holiday with our NEW WINTER HOURS*:
    Thurs-Friday: 12-6p
    Saturday: 11am-5pm
    Sundays: 12-5
    Mon-Wed: Closed / By Appt Only

*Also available by appointment​
  15. Lesser

Lesser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Updating this really old thread at very least to update our hours. We're at 101 Union Street in Brooklyn. Always free motorcycle parking (on the sidewalk in front of the store) and free espresso 7 days/week:

Monday-Friday: 12-7
    Saturday: 11-6
    Sunday: 12-6

Also came on here looking for info on the new Klim Hardanger suits that just arrived at the store. Not a lot on here so here's a pic of the black and the gray - many more at the shop. Or come try one on - this is the ultimate NYC commuter suit. Full Pro Shell Gore-Tex, Cordura overlays, 14 mesh-lined vents, 9-piece adjustable D30 armor complement

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]